Jeff Driskel

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Monitoring the practices, Roper knows that Driskel has to "click" = knows that is closer than making a fully
successful leaderQB out of freshman Harris. Harris needs audition when the game is in hand and he can stay
relaxed max. Harris seems very good. Coach's mind doesn't have to scheme with prior injury in mind.

IF JD's mind is as simple as many say … the pass offense is in danger of having all throws going to DRob.
Roper's effective varied attack cannot go until he coaches up Driskel … in fact, it's JD first, offensive scheme
second.

Some thing is keeping Roper's Duke effective offense from fruition at UF. As that thing gets corrected, then
and only then will we see a field march-down offense operating. Let's hope we get to see that methodically
operate against scrambling, confused opponents.

Patience and trust is our fan assignment. Many us need to sit through a film room on faith an trust.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
That Driskel does throw some great balls such as that fade for 6 in OT. But he is a tad frustrating.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n50439 said:
It also slows down a pass rush....I'll bet none of the so called experts on here bothered to notice we only rushed 4 after the Kentucky QB made some runs last night. If the QB run is more persistent, which IMO it should be, it will force the defense into zone coverage allowing us to use more safe run/throw options.

Because we didn't. Durkin was dialing up blitzes the entire game, although he did so less frequently after our safeties brought flashbacks of Antoast Lott (poor kid ended up doing well by the end of his career here, but man those first couple of years were painful) when asked to play man-to-man single coverage.

What a successful running QB will do is slow down the pass rush from the front four, as gap assignment becomes paramount. I do agree with your other point that Jeff would make things easier for himself in the passing game if he threatened the defense with his legs.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
The biggest problems w/ this team are:

1. Driskel
2. O-line

The play calling was fine. The negative results were a direct result of these two things. Something has to change or we're not going to a bowl game....much less winning the East (and that talk should stop right NOW!).
O-line? I thought they played their best game in 4 years.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Law98gator said:
Driskel is a freshman, but yeah sending a kid out there who has thrown two passes is suicide. Of course, continuing to play Driskel after two years of disastrous QB performance is suicide too.

The good news is that Mushchimp is obviously going to ride Driskel all the way to unemployment. At least we won't be stuck in the middle with a 7-4 coach who deserves to be fired.
No matter how ugly, with every "W", his unemployment is a week further away....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n50446 said:
Monitoring the practices, Roper knows that Driskel has to "click" = knows that is closer than making a fully
successful leaderQB out of freshman Harris. Harris needs audition when the game is in hand and he can stay
relaxed max. Harris seems very good. Coach's mind doesn't have to scheme with prior injury in mind.

IF JD's mind is as simple as many say … the pass offense is in danger of having all throws going to DRob.
Roper's effective varied attack cannot go until he coaches up Driskel … in fact, it's JD first, offensive scheme
second.

Some thing is keeping Roper's Duke effective offense from fruition at UF. As that thing gets corrected, then
and only then will we see a field march-down offense operating. Let's hope we get to see that methodically

Patience and trust is our fan assignment. Many us need to sit through a film room on faith an trust.

We can't start Treon against Bama. But if it turns to a rout, then bring in Treon. Or if Driskel continues to be pedestrian/less than pedestrian, then get get him some work at the next home game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n50444 said:
Some of those FGs and attempts had some odd wiggle to them. Was it windy in the Swamp last night?

Windy! Now there's a pumper excuse I haven't heard yet.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50725 said:
Windy! Now there's a pumper excuse I haven't heard yet.

How did you get that as being a pumper excuse. It was a legit question from him. The kick the UK kicker made being the one that looked funny, either it was windy or that dude put a wicked rotation on that thing.

Hardin's kick was just horrible. Really don't know how he stays on the team.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
rogdochar;n50446 said:

second.

We can't start Treon against Bama. But if it turns to a rout, then bring in Treon. Or if Driskel continues to be pedestrian/less than pedestrian, then get get him some work at the next home game.
I'm thinking if we are getting our ass kicked, let Driskel own it to the last, I started to run out of the pocket too late sack. I see no reason to F with the psyche of a young promising QB like Harris in a game scenario like that. Next game, one would bench Driskel and let Treon start his performance even with an opponent... it will be sink or swim fairly at that point. IMO.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n50730 said:
How did you get that as being a pumper excuse. It was a legit question from him. The kick the UK kicker made being the one that looked funny, either it was windy or that dude put a wicked rotation on that thing.

Hardin's kick was just horrible. Really don't know how he stays on the team.
It's lawgic...so really there is no logic in explaining that. This is why he is such a douche bag by taking a legit question about the odd movement of some of the FG and saying it's a "pumper" excuse.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Slevin said:
Gator Fever;n49678 said:
He was bad - couldn't even do the zone read - would have walked for some first downs - he has no field awareness

Agreed. He was terrible. Just because he connected on some throws doesn't take away the near pick 6 that bobbled right to Demarcus that would have easily lost the game. He had multiple god awful throws and decisions that the bamas and the lsu's would 100% live off of. He hardly got the ball off with more than 13 seconds on just about any down. What happened to that tempo offense we heard all about? The zone read is just about the wrong decision every time. Completely open field to his left that he never takes advantage of. Jeff really is a potato. I backed him for so long but good god he is terrible.
JD's int was on him but that almost pick 6 was on DR. See Sasquatch's post.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
If he looked this bad in the spring and in August, I wonder what the staff thought would change once the season started?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Aaron Rodgers was 25-42 today and Driskel was 25-43 and nobody is saying Rodgers sucks. Just a pumper pumping. That is all

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n50730 said:

Since you asked and not an excuse. Sitting in the N end zone there was a pretty good wind toward the end of game. But at that time of the kick we were all so pump I do not recall. Not sure if that would effect it. I have noticed that Hardin's kick tend to take a tragectory then will hook or slice nearing the end of it. More so than any other kicker I've seen.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The lady sitting in front of me in the stands mentioned she was listening to WRUF 850 driving in from Lake City and that Noah Brindise was on Steve's show where he commented about Driskel. I would love to hear it. Evidently, he mentioned that although Noah is a Gator, he doesn't believe Driskel is an SEC caliber QB or something like that. She told me Noah said that Jeff has been with the program 4 years and there are no excuses.

Noah is a respected Gator and if he did say this, I can't agree with his comments more. JD was awful last night. I wanted to start chanting "Harris, Harris!"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n50879 said:
Evidently, he mentioned that although Noah is a Gator, he doesn't believe Driskel is an SEC caliber QB or something like that. She told me Noah said that Jeff has been with the program 4 years and there are no excuses.
Clearly there are ALWAYS excuses, a neverending list of excuses.

No one makes excuses for Hardin or Mary Tyler Moore, saying maybe his coaching sucks or maybe we should just be more patient and he'll pull it together next year. I wonder why?

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
G8RNGA;n50879 said:
Evidently, he mentioned that although Noah is a Gator, he doesn't believe Driskel is an SEC caliber QB or something like that. She told me Noah said that Jeff has been with the program 4 years and there are no excuses.
Clearly there are ALWAYS excuses, a neverending list of excuses.

No one makes excuses for Hardin or Mary Tyler Moore, saying maybe his coaching sucks or maybe we should just be more patient and he'll pull it together next year. I wonder why?
I'm hoping Jeff recognizes his best option is to leave football behind for the minors.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, maybe we should play Harris next week, heck Grier too, No JD at all. Then we wouldn't have to hear about how your lives are so miserable because of Driskel. Just hammer and slam a couple of freshmen for sucking on the road at Bama on their first start. I think that's a much better idea.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was more of a tale of two halves for driskel. The first half was possible the worst half of football a qb could have without a pick 6. The second half I thought he really competed and drove us down the field when we needed. Made some extremely clutch throws late in the game when it mattered. He's not one who couldn't cover some ****ty receivers. Our secondary got burned repeatedly. I'm not saying driskel is an elite qb but he's the best we got .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator