Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n123841 said:
Look on the bright side. Sexton may have done UF a favor. I'm not hating on JM, but (regardless of his tenure as a coordinator under Saban) I haven't seen anything in his work as a head coach meriting a chance to coach at Florida.

In 2013, he was 8-6 with none of his 8 wins coming against teams with winning records. 3 of his losses came against teams with non-winning records.

This year at 10-2, only 3 of his wins were against teams with winning records ( 2 of them were 7-5). Against teams with 3 or less losses, he was 0-2.

Yes he turned the CSU program around, but has done so by beating up the losers in his conference that used to be better than CSU...

Except that last part where you said they "used" to be better than CSU. JM is the reason that is past tense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n123857 said:
But when it's all said and done, we'll have our man.
So Stoops is still in play?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n123904 said:
The Coloradan reports McElwain's agent is Jim Landrum. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...01/csu-say-schools-talking-mcelwain/19741981/
The Florida Times Union reports that Jimmy Sexton is his agent.http://jacksonville.com/sports/coll...a-ad-jeremy-foley-flies-presumably-meet-coach

The Times Union story is somewhat interesting in that it talks about Foley's trip to Destin to talk with Sexton before going to Colorado.

Yep this just confuses me even more. What the hell is going on.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n123893 said:
I can tell you it's not our success in gymnastics and volleyball that gets my D hard when watching them. Only good football can do that and Mr Foley has had me limp for far too long now.

:backout:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n123907 said:
I can tell you it's not our success in gymnastics and volleyball that gets my D hard when watching them. Only good football can do that and Mr Foley has had me limp for far too long now.
jeebus man!!! lol

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n123893 said:

Take a pill...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The Coloradan reports McElwain's agent is Jim Landrum. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spor...wain/19741981/
The Florida Times Union reports that Jimmy Sexton is his agent.http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...bly-meet-coach

The Times Union story is somewhat interesting in that it talks about Foley's trip to Destin to talk with Sexton before going to Colorado.

Rick Landrum works/worked for Sexton at CAA I believe. My understanding is that he is/was Jimmy's legal guru. I believe Sexton and Landrum work in tandem representing their clients. The papers may be using their names interchangeably.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could you imagine this happening at a true blue chip school like Alabama Ohio State Notre Dame? Hell pedophile state university got their top choice in back to back hires.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Money should be NOT be a factor. We're just as or more desperate than UM/NU. This hire is huge for the overall direction of the program.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n123926 said:
From that article:

"Ten years to the day of White’s ill-fated trip to Salt Lake City, Foley’s voyage to Fort Collins unfolded like a bungled modern coaching search, with fans and journalists live tweeting along the way. Foley waited a year too long to fire Muschamp and then proceeded to run a search without the same discretion and aggressiveness that allowed him to outfox Notre Dame a decade ago. We’ll reserve judgment on McElwain for what he does on the field. But the lost 2014 season at Florida and squandered opportunities for Foley to hire a more established and bigger name coach shows just how far he and the Gators have fallen."

Meh

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gatoravatara;n123926 said:
From that article:

"Ten years to the day of White’s ill-fated trip to Salt Lake City, Foley’s voyage to Fort Collins unfolded like a bungled modern coaching search, with fans and journalists live tweeting along the way. Foley waited a year too long to fire Muschamp and then proceeded to run a search without the same discretion and aggressiveness that allowed him to outfox Notre Dame a decade ago. We’ll reserve judgment on McElwain for what he does on the field. But the lost 2014 season at Florida and squandered opportunities for Foley to hire a more established and bigger name coach shows just how far he and the Gators have fallen."

truth

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Coloradan reports McElwain's agent is Jim Landrum. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...01/csu-say-schools-talking-mcelwain/19741981/
The Florida Times Union reports that Jimmy Sexton is his agent.http://jacksonville.com/sports/coll...a-ad-jeremy-foley-flies-presumably-meet-coach

Rick Landrum is Jimmy Sexton's company SportsTrust Advisors general consul. Jim Denton is an agent there, along with Pat Dye Jr. Don't know the Jim Landrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator