Jim McElwain's Introductory Press Conference

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n126561 said:
Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but a lot of people were enamored with Will Muschamp after his introductory press conference. :whistle:

I don't recall it that way. People were excited about his intense no nonsense approached but to say that people were enamored with him is a huge stretch. He was about as likable as a snapping turtle.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He comes off a little goofy/hokey to me. Kind of a used car salesman personailty. But if he can get our QB's to throw the ball to the same colored jersey I'm all in.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the Duncechamp nutswingers around here are already hoping like hell that Big Mac flops to try and be able to cry "we told you so". It's not direct in their posts either, but anyone can figure out the underlying suttle jabs they take. ****ing pathetic.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n126580 said:
Most of the Duncechamp nutswingers around here are already hoping like hell that Big Mac flops to try and be able to cry "we told you so". It's not direct in their posts either, but anyone can figure out the underlying suttle jabs they take. ****ing pathetic.

Bravo! I was thinking the same thing!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like his administrative awareness and the recruiting task at hand. He says Gator pretty smooth for a new arrival. That's good. Welcome Coach and make us a team again.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;126580 said:
Oh kinda like people were hoping we'd lose so Muschamp would be fired? Fascinating.

I've also said multiple times both leading up to and after his hiring that it was a great hire, so that kinda bursts the bubble on your "suttle" point there.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

JC, how much of a bust would he have to be for someone to be able to legitimately claim that? 0-12 and rape a few office staff?

Note to anyone holding out for that reality. Please let it go. It's not good to hold it in that long. :fart:

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014

Just the opposite. The Muschamp haters can't let it go. They find it necessary to continually take shots at the man. Now THAT, is ****ing pathetic. I've turned the page and look forward to what we'll see going forward.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n126591 said:
Just the opposite. The Muschamp haters can't let it go. They find it necessary to continually take shots at the man. Now THAT, is ****ing pathetic. I've turned the page and look forward to what we'll see going forward.

THIS! In the presser McCoach said positive things several times about the person formally known as the Head Coach of the Florida Gators. I realize this is somewhat of a given that he has to do so, but I got the feeling he genuinely meant it. He also said that the same coach had been pretty gracious and helpful in the transition. He might not have been our guy and it might not have been his time, but it didn't work out. It's over. Move on people.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Man I hope he lands a good class this year. Will help offset usual issues with numbers when new coach is hired. Excited to see the commits roll in now

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
The Original DC;n126516 said:
A more serious quote that stuck out, "I don't feel pressure, I apply pressure."
My favorite quote so far. The pressure applied to those hailing from Knoxville, Athens, and Tallacrappy will be unyielding in nature I hope.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No more snipes at each other over the past. Move on, this is a great day.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
One and Done,
Dear Friends,
I mean for these to be my last words on this board about the chump, accept as he is a DC in the SEC. I freely admit I still dislike Dickey and Zook for the damage they did to our school, even Charlie Pell leaves a bad taste in my mouth. To me Chump went beyond that, as I see it the worst coach at UF since Bear Wolf, (go look it up).
I will certainly want to see this coach have at least 3 yrs before passing judgement on him, but 4th and Dumb, MSU, Fratgate, and the Ga So loss will always be easy to remember.
I look forward to good memories, hoping I live to see many wins by this new guy, but like all of our lives, the unplesent memories can come back quickly, and cloud our vision of the future.
Even SOS rattled my teeth in 97 vs Ga by not running the ball when he could have, but most of my memories of him are pleasent, like Meyer.
Lets just all agree to meet up at the spring game at the stand where Ox will be advertising Chatter, and perhaps passing out fliers to the crowd passing by. If we re lucky, he may even have free drinks to regestered posters who visit him. What about it Ox? I might even get on the plane from Germany just to see you doing the Mr 2 Bits to passers by. Great idea isn t it?
Bayergator

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Albert;n126598 said:
My favorite quote so far. The pressure applied to those hailing from Knoxville, Athens, and Tallacrappy will be unyielding in nature I hope.

And of all the things he said, that quote about pressure may be his biggest differentiator from Muschamp. There's little question Muschamp not only felt pressure, he coached tight and let it affect his decision-making. Doesn't sound like Coach Mac will make the same mistakes.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bayergator;n126612 said:
Lets just all agree to meet up at the spring game at the stand where Ox will be advertising Chatter, and perhaps passing out fliers to the crowd passing by. If we re lucky, he may even have free drinks to regestered posters who visit him. What about it Ox? I might even get on the plane from Germany just to see you doing the Mr 2 Bits to passers by. Great idea isn t it?
Bayergator

With GatorChatter.com shirts with our screen names on them. Hell, YEA! I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator