Jim McElwain's Introductory Press Conference

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Just watched the press. This guy personality is hard to dislike. Reminds me of my favorite college professor that inspired me to become on. Great press and a great day to be a GATOR!

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Bottom line for me is that Coach Mac appears to be a man comfortable in his own skin. No bluster, no bravado as he-who-will-go-nameless displayed at his inaugural presser. He has a huge job ahead of him and I am excited to watch how he tackles it. A new day has dawned for Gator Nation...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac seems like a great guy and a great coach. Loved his quotes and espcially applying pressure. This is a great day for the Gator Nation. With that said I think he'll have no issues recruiting and salvaging if not topping what the last coach could not. And more importantly CLOSE on some that would have gotten away.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't get anything other than Coach Speak but I think he will be able to swing some recruits with his casual humor.

Looking for some fun in Gator Ball again!

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Huge news guys, all of our concerns have been allayed. Pat and Robbie discuss the press conference on the gators sports page.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
LadyGator74;n126640 said:
Bottom line for me is that Coach Mac appears to be a man comfortable in his own skin. No bluster, no bravado as he-who-will-go-nameless displayed at his inaugural presser. He has a huge job ahead of him and I am excited to watch how he tackles it. A new day has dawned for Gator Nation...

Attachments

• conv_1551.jpg
    conv_1551.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 37

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He's a remarkably good public speaker. He did all of it including the introduction off the cuff. Actors, politicians, Foley, etc can't do that. It's a special skill, and he also has a great style where he sounds completely comfortable and excited at the same time. His reputation as a great motivator seems to be completely accurate. He really projects confidence, and concern for his players.

I was worried about his ability to recruit, but after this I'm psyched. Any parent and player who isn't afraid to play for a coach who is going to fully support you while demanding excellence will have to give him strong consideration. Florida's reputation combined with Macks speaking skills should be a very effective combination on the recruiting trail.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n126691 said:
Who is talking about Muschamp? You are talking about Muschamp. And Muschamp deserves all the shots taken at him because he sucked as a HC.
Avatara, enough. Let it go. It's a great day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n126687 said:
He's a remarkably good public speaker. He did all of it including the introduction off the cuff. Actors, politicians, Foley, etc can't do that. It's a special skill, and he also has a great style where he sounds completely comfortable and excited at the same time. His reputation as a great motivator seems to be completely accurate. He really projects confidence, and concern for his players.

I was worried about his ability to recruit, but after this I'm psyched. Any parent and player who isn't afraid to play for a coach who is going to fully support you while demanding excellence will have to give him strong consideration. Florida's reputation combined with Macks speaking skills should be a very effective combination on the recruiting trail.
I agree. I suspect he'll be able to sell himself and the program to recruits. He has a lot of "Aw shucks" southern boy in him for a western guy.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126695 said:
I agree. I suspect he'll be able to sell himself and the program to recruits. He has a lot of "Aw shucks" southern boy in him for a western guy.

Yeah, and not the fake bull**** that the hypocrite Blobby Bowden built his career on.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I believe at least some of the confidence that the new coach exhibits is a product of being 50+. He is older than other guys UF has hired and has a variety of experiences in his life portfolio. To me he shows many of the earmarks of a successful guy who has reached the destination he worked toward and is now ready to move forward with all cylinders firing.

Younger people aren't always keen on older people but there are some life skills that only come from repetition and being exposed to a wide variety of challenges, i.e. selling popcorn and programs at the same time you're drawing up the game plan. I think his sincerity will stand out in contrast to the shifty nature of many others in the profession and will impact recruits and their families as well as those within the Gator athletic/football organization.

Great start to a new era.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n126699 said:
Yeah, and not the fake bull**** that the hypocrite Blobby Bowden built his career on.
You gotta recruit they mama's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.