Jimbo and the Nole$...

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
That kid is tough, but he made a bad decision by going to clown u.. Now he is stuck with it, just like Eason with the dwags. Go to these wannabe schools and ultimately lose out on a quality education and a championship. Of course, you can win some football games--- like you did in high-school. But if you want to get the best education, win championships, and solidify your name then you might want to think about UF. Just sayin.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
If Francois lands in the hospital his O-line should pick up the medical tab. That kid get murdered every game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We gave up more sacks than anybody last year and i didn't see grier or treon laying on ground waving the trainers over after every play.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It was a bad call but not nearly as bad as the missed face mask on Clemson's QB.

The rule is something like you can't block below the waist except from the front.

You know how there are always "illegal block in the back" calls on kick returns? They aren't always easy to spot. So the refs "cheat". They use physics. If the player being blocked falls forward, the refs can safely assume they were hit in the back. If the player being blocked falls sideways or backwards, no call (and the rule of thumb for the blocker is "if you can see the name, back off").

In the FSU game, it looked like the block STARTED from the front which is legal. Hence, bad call. However, it ended up in the back and the Clemson player fell forward so it looked like a low block in the back. At least that's why I think it was called the way it was. Bad call, but not a HORRIBLE call. Like a questionable pass interference call that goes against you.

Like I said, the missed face mask was worse. There was absolutely no question about that. Purely a missed call.

And Cook wasn't flagged for unsportsmanlike for his leaning into and "breaking the tape" at the end zone like a sprinter.

Saw that a couple of times yesterday and it certainly qualifies. I bet conference officials put out a memo this week putting the kibosh on that move.

Jimbo should be an advocate for his team, but your leader can't lose control like that. He screwed up yesterday and then he doubled down on it today. He can complain about the original call being bad. He can't complain about the unsportsmanlike call on him for that tirade. That was the correct call. The zebras will let a coach blow off some steam after a questionable call but every coach knows there is a line you can't cross. Jimbo crossed that line.

Alex.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We gave up more sacks than anybody last year and i didn't see grier or treon laying on ground waving the trainers over after every play.

The shots Francois tends to take are standing straight up in the pocket while a defender blasts thru him at full speed. The kid needs to learn when to duck and dodge. He's big, but nobody can take that beating game after game. He may be playing it a bit for drama but he'd better learn some see and avoid if his line continues to be turnstiles. Look for our D to knock the shyte out of him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
images
I really enjoy that. Too bad the colors arent ketchup and mustard.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He blocked him from behind and tripped him. watching live i was wondering why fisher was bitching.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
With all of the alleged rape, pillaging and debauchery that FSU got away during the Winston era, Jimbo should do nothing but continue to thank whatever God he worships that gave him the opportunity to coach at one of the most crooked football programs in the history of the NCAA.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chopfsu.gif

He blocked him from behind. I think it was a good call.
I believe Jimbo's response was "We've been blocking that play like that all year and it hasn't been called (or words to that effect)!" I think he also talked about the block starting high and then going low, which depending on where on the field it occurs (inside the tackle box, I think) it can be legal. But this clip shows it to be just that...a clip! Good call and good catch Brad!

As long as these guys have had the ACC crews in their hip pocket, I'm happy to see this. Lastly, instead of Jimbo blasting the officials for his QB getting popped, as has been pointed out he should start with the OL and progress to their position coach. An old joke I know, but their OL really looked like this on Saturday...

images

...and we ought to know about OL play!

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo is such a classless assclown. Has more to say about a "chop-block", which wasn't even the call, than he did when his player assaults a female or steals food. As far as FSU fans are concerned, he has his priorities correct.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He blocked him from behind and tripped him. watching live i was wondering why fisher was *****ing.

Good catch on the trip. I didn't even see that until you mentioned it. Pretty obvious on Brad's clip.

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the funny thing is.... I dont think the FSU player meant to do anything wrong. He was trying to block from the front but misjudged how the fast the play was and made first contact on the hamstring/butt of the Clemson guy (including an elbow to his balls). And you add the trip.

FSU was even winning when this happened. Only losers b!tch about the refs. And there are always a handful of calls that get missed. Fuk I hate FSU. Hate.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Cook even criticized the refs.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/jimbo-fisher-flag-dalvin-cook-run-cowardly-gutless/story?id=43170038

"It's something we've been doing all year. It wasn't a flag. It was a legal block," said Cook, who finished with 169 yards and four touchdowns. "Freddie came out of the backfield. It's a penalty you can't take back. It's a call you can't make in a game like that. It was a bad call."

Haven't seen if he's been reprimanded by the ACC brass.

A $20,000 reprimand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator