Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I did notice that when we did bring pressure, it seemed like it was straight ahead into their OL.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I just see 2 more losses for this team this year. Some people act like I’m predicting us to lose out. 2 more losses is very likely, I have no confidence in Grantham anymore.

Before the season I expected us to go 10-2, +- 1. I still think that's the case, but I don't see the -1 to be more likely than the +1.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I did notice that when we did bring pressure, it seemed like it was straight ahead into their OL.
LSU runs a lot of underneath stuff over the middle and Burrow gets rid of the ball quick. Grantham may have seen disrupting Burrow's rhythm as more productive than trying to get at him from the edge.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And we get murdered in Atlanta.

Here's what you're missing. If we win out, and I think we have a good chance to do that, with UGA being our main obstacle, we'll have earned our way there and not lucked into it like we did under the sharkfvkker. We actually look like an improved team, so a trip to that game will actually mean something this time. Recruits will see that.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Here's what you're missing. If we win out, and I think we have a good chance to do that, with UGA being our main obstacle, we'll have earned our way there and not lucked into it like we did under the sharkfvkker. We actually look like an improved team, so a trip to that game will actually mean something this time. Recruits will see that.

How did we luck in the game in ‘15? Our only conference loss was LSU. The same this year under your scenario.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Would it be wrong of me to not care about the recruiting class ranking if of the say 25 signees, 18 of them were on both the O and D lines and 4 were safeties? Those positions usually don;t get many guys with lots of stars but at this point we need lots of numbers at those positions in hopes of finding just a couple that can truly be played or coached to play:dunno:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
LSU runs a lot of underneath stuff over the middle and Burrow gets rid of the ball quick. Grantham may have seen disrupting Burrow's rhythm as more productive than trying to get at him from the edge.
Not talking about edge pressure. I’m talking about creative pressure up the middle with stunts and other games. Each blitz seemed straight ahead. LSU got to us a few times by varying their rush and confusing our OL.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How did we luck in the game in ‘15? Our only conference loss was LSU. The same this year under your scenario.

Because we "LOOKED" ugly and could barely move the ball. Defense won games for us. This year we're actually scoring points and exciting to watch.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I enjoy reading your thoughts but these two have me baffled. I am not sure how much college football you watch other than UF, but whether Dean is playing nickel or either CB (field or boundary) he sux. His technique sux. I would immediately move him to safety and see if he can be salvaged (ala Ahmad Black)

Regarding our LB's if you are comparing them to USCe, I would have to disagree USCe has 2 good LB's in my opinion and their DT's are clearly superior to ours. Just my opinion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not talking about edge pressure. I’m talking about creative pressure up the middle with stunts and other games. Each blitz seemed straight ahead. LSU got to us a few times by varying their rush and confusing our OL.
Misunderstanding. I'm not only agreeing with your take but also attempting to look at it from Grantham's perspective.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I disagree with OP. We still have plenty to play for. We lost by 14 points to the best offense in college without our 2 best linemen. On top of that we threw a pick inside the redzone and was stiffed on the 1 yard line. Fully healthy and on a neutral field I think we beat LSU.

Everyone on our schedule is beatable and if we play to our potential we win every game until the SECCG. Win that game and your in. So we still have a lot to play for.

And I've been one of the biggest dumpers on this board but I watched our team compete at night in Tigers Stadium, not many teams could have done that last night. Win the games you're supposed to win and beat UGA and were basically in the quarter finals of the playoffs playing Bama or LSU.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Because we "LOOKED" ugly and could barely move the ball. Defense won games for us. This year we're actually scoring points and exciting to watch.

If you thought our defense looked clueless last night against LSU, what do you think Bama’s receivers would make them and Grantham look like? So we may score 28 points, but we’ll give up north of 50 likely.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You have 0 chance if you don't make it to the game. It astounds me how so many people keep forgetting that one little detail. You're probably right, but I don't really care. Go 11-1 in the regular season and recruits will notice. Everybody knows we don't have the horses to compete with Bama yet, and apparently not LSU at home either. The horses we need, need to see coach Mullen do more with less so they'll believe in what he can do with more. That's just how I feel about it.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I disagree with OP. We still have plenty to play for. We lost by 14 points to the best offense in college without our 2 best linemen. On top of that we threw a pick inside the redzone and was stiffed on the 1 yard line. Fully healthy and on a neutral field I think we beat LSU.

Everyone on our schedule is beatable and if we play to our potential we win every game until the SECCG. Win that game and your in. So we still have a lot to play for.

And I've been one of the biggest dumpers on this board but I watched our team compete at night in Tigers Stadium, not many teams could have done that last night. Win the games you're supposed to win and beat UGA and were basically in the quarter finals of the playoffs playing Bama or LSU.

I fully realize what is possible for us to accomplish, just stating what is likely to unfold. I say it’s extremely unlikely we win out, and likely will be 2 more losses.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I fully realize what is possible for us to accomplish, just stating what is likely to unfold. I say it’s extremely unlikely we win out, and likely will be 2 more losses.
I didn't say we would win out km saying I think based on what I saw last night, were capable.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
You have 0 chance if you don't make it to the game. It astounds me how so many people keep forgetting that one little detail. You're probably right, but I don't really care. Go 11-1 in the regular season and recruits will notice. Everybody knows we don't have the horses to compete with Bama yet, and apparently not LSU at home either. The horses we need, need to see coach Mullen do more with less so they'll believe in what he can do with more. That's just how I feel about it.

Actually Bama has twice won the Natty Title without going to Atlanta. Hell, we were a USC upset of ND of going and playing in the Natty Title game in ‘12 without playing in the game. So not 0 percent chance, unlikely yes, but not impossible.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I didn't say we would win out km saying I think based on what I saw last night, were capable.

Our margin for error is very small against the elites, as we saw last night. We played about as well as we could’ve hoped for on offense and the defense collapsed. Without the other team turning it over 3 times and us playing near perfect, I don’t think we pull any upsets of the teams that are way more talented than us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator