Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Bama has twice won the Natty Title without going to Atlanta. Hell, we were a USC upset of ND of going and playing in the Natty Title game in ‘12 without playing in the game. So not 0 percent chance, unlikely yes, but not impossible.

Yeah, I'm not looking beyond the SEC championship game except hoping we get a good NY day bowl and win like last year. I'm not naive enough to think we'll go into Atlanta and beat Bama and then go win the NC. I meant we have 0 chance to win the SEC championship if we aren't even in the game. Chances are still low, but at least it's slightly better than 0 since we're actually there and playing. That's all I meant.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Our margin for error is very small against the elites, as we saw last night. We played about as well as we could’ve hoped for on offense and the defense collapsed. Without the other team turning it over 3 times and us playing near perfect, I don’t think we pull any upsets of the teams that are way more talented than us.
1st off there is only 1 team left that's more talented than us and that's UGA. The rest are either equal or less talented than us. We match up very well against UGA if were healthy on defense. They dont have any Wrs that we should be terrified of. SC showed if they cant stretch the field you can get pressure on Fromm.

Our offense under Trask is better than people give credit for.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Bama obliterates LSU.
LSU’s offense has been nothing short of outstanding. I think LSU’s defense is slightly better.
One thing is for sure...it won’t end up 6-3.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don’t think Bama is any better than LSU. In fact, I’m picking LSU to beat Bama...provided Burro stays healthy.

Think, we just put up 28 on LSU, and that’s with 2 failed red zone possessions. Vandy put up 38. Bama will be likely to hang 60 on them and Saban will figure out how to get a few key stops that we couldn’t make when it mattered.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Think, we just put up 28 on LSU, and that’s with 2 failed red zone possessions. Vandy put up 38. Bama will be likely to hang 60 on them and Saban will figure out how to get a few key stops that we couldn’t make when it mattered.
Didn’t Vandy score most of their points against the second and third string?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, just like he figured out how to stop Clemson. Saban can’t slow down an elite passing attack. Never could and never will.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
1st off there is only 1 team left that's more talented than us and that's UGA. The rest are either equal or less talented than us. We match up very well against UGA if were healthy on defense. They dont have any Wrs that we should be terrified of. SC showed if they cant stretch the field you can get pressure on Fromm.

Our offense under Trask is better than people give credit for.

I think FSU is technically more talented too, but Willie doesn’t have a clue. Without a consistent running game to go along with Trask, I just can’t see beating Georgia or Missouri. Yes I know we’re technically more talented than Missouri and that ain’t meant crap in the past when they’ve beat our ass. We just struggle with them for some reason.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
There is a good chance a GA win will give us the East in a 6-2 three way tie scenario.
Just so we’re clear, you expect us to drop another game, this time to Missouri, Vandy or the Chumpcocks?

Missouri I could see sneaking up on us and giving us a scare, but both of the other two teams are horrid.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
And for the love of Christ, when you know the ball is coming out of the qb’s hand quick, get your hands up and attempt to tip or knock the ball down completely.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, we lose on the road to a really good team that most had penciled in as a loss, and now we have no hope? Seriously, get your T levels checked.
It's how they lost. It feels like their spirit was crushed. The defense especially is going to have to climb back up mentally, and I don't feel good about it. They were a total embarrassment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It's how they lost. It feels like their spirit was crushed. The defense especially is going to have to climb back up mentally, and I don't feel good about it. They were a total embarrassment.
Defense is definitely a concern. Offensively? Those guys probably feel pretty good right now. They’re moving the ball consistently for the first time in 10 years. They’re not the butt of jokes and aren’t the cause for concern by most rational people.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
LSU’s offense has been nothing short of outstanding. I think LSU’s defense is slightly better.
One thing is for sure...it won’t end up 6-3.

Bama has had the injury bug. Their linebacking corp is really depleted. They've had other injuries on defense. It's likely to be a Big-12-esque shootout.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Offensively? Those guys probably feel pretty good right now. They’re moving the ball consistently for the first time in 10 years.
I would hope the OL isn't feeling pretty good right now. They are horrific.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I would hope the OL isn't feeling pretty good right now. They are horrific.
Pass pro hasn’t been bad and that’s been our strength. Not sure what they practiced in the offseason with respect to running the ball. Whatever they did, scrap it and do the opposite.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pass pro hasn’t been bad and that’s been our strength. Not sure what they practiced in the offseason with respect to running the ball. Whatever they did, scrap it and do the opposite.
They were blowing up our garbage DL, no doubt, and thought that was all it would take.

Or maybe it was the other way around.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn’t Vandy score most of their points against the second and third string?

I didn’t watch, but according to Sas, the O put up 24 points. No idea when during the game.

I also have it on good authority that Lsu had that Commodores game circled all offseason for a chance to show them their best. They hate VU. Always have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator