Just lost respect for Tabor

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I mentioned Winston? Okay...take out "FSU" from my post and put in UGA or Miami or Ohio State or Alabama. Guess you missed the point. But glad to know you wouldn't defend Rapeis.

C'mon BMF, it's a known rule that you support your team and trash the opponent. A rule I heartily endorse! noles gonna nole, nuts gonna nut, butt sniffers gonna sniff... But our Gators are misunderstood and make honest mistakes.

For the record, Tabor needs to get a clue, but at least this time it didn't involve the law.

Oh, and I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
@ 20? Man, most people still do that into their 40's & 50's. hopefully by the time they are 60 they realize it doesn't matter what they think anyway.

No, I still think that life is a story about me and I'm puzzled when others don't see things exactly as I do. Maybe you meant "by the time they are 70....".

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I understand that the amount of cash given to these conferences and schools by Nike and ESPN is out of this world, but it gets old when athletes run their mouth from inside a new multi-million dollar indoor practice facility. As student at UF I don't remember being invited into the football locker room to hang out. These schools that build these player lounges aren't going to open it to non-players. If you want the freshest dorms, and coolest locker rooms, and nicest hotels then these schools have to take this money to build these projects and fund these recruiting trips.
If you don't want to be "taken advantage of" by a school then don't play college football and wait your three years and see if you get drafted (ha ha). UF is your free highlight tape, take advantage of it. Please do not ever compare being a student athlete to slavery. Maybe he should have sat through a class from the late Bertram Wyatt-Brown to see the real horrors of slavery.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I still think that life is a story about me and I'm puzzled when others don't see things exactly as I do. Maybe you meant "by the time they are 70....".

my original was into their 50's & 60's, but by 70.... and then I changed it

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Consider that blacks weren't even allowed to play most sports back in the day. I guess the whiteys were slaves back then?

Tabor is a moron. He's our moron but a moron nonetheless.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:lmao:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is the reference to slavery.... even at 20 you should know not to compare anything to slavery. It would be similar to comparing the President to Hitler... even through we will have adults who still do that.

I didn't lose any respect for the kid, but even at 20 you should know not to compare getting a full ride to play the game you "love" to slavery. Just not a smart move, even when it is done out of emotion. Unfortunitely for him, he did it on social media.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I really hate this argument. They get free education, room and board, meals, stipends. Basically there is very little they have to pay for out of pocket. Then they have a shot at a multi million dollar career if they are good enough. When they are done, even if they didn't make the pros, many walk into cushy high paying jobs because of their name and the school they played for.

The big problem is that they never discuss the sports outside of football and basketball. If they start paying that pie will be split between all sports, mens and womens, across 14 schools. The pie starts to shrink a lot at that point. Then they will start arguing over if the QB should get more than a swimmer. Will they then want a pay scale based on how that type of stuff and how will it affect facility upkeep. Could they start a trust for each athlete based on how much they bring in, but then womens golf would receive next to nothing while whoever's jersey number is for sale gets the pot. Would jealousy come up from the 3rd string LB not getting as much money as the first string QB? At what point do they start getting agents to negotiate for them to the highest bidder. When there is money agents will start flocking to be involved. 5 star gets more than 3 star on payment scale? Just to many rules and regulations to go through and put in place for this to ever even work. They would probably still complain after that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is the reference to slavery.... even at 20 you should know not to compare anything to slavery. It would be similar to comparing the President to Hitler... even through we will have adults who still do that.

I didn't lose any respect for the kid, but even at 20 you should know not to compare getting a full ride to play the game you "love" to slavery. Just not a smart move, even when it is done out of emotion. Unfortunitely for him, he did it on social media.

No disputing that it was a really, really bad analogy. And it really mocks the struggle and all the lives lost to end it.

But thank God social media was not around when I was a kid. We are all safe on the site because in general nobody knows who we are. We all sit behind pseudonyms.

I don't know if this already exists, but if not, all incoming athletes should have to take a course on social media.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Per UF's website, cost of attendance per year is nearly $43,000 per year. This doesn't include the healthcare that he gets if sick or injured. If he stays for 4 years and graduates, the value of everything that he gets for free is roughly $175,000. This is why I think college players should not be paid. If someone would sit and explain this to Tabor, maybe he wouldn't change his mind, but at least he may be less inclined to tweet his moronic opinion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh and in case everyone forgot about last 4th of July when he tweeted that it was only Independence Day for Whitey.....I'd be all for kicking him off the team. IMO saying sh!t like this is 10x worse than smoking weed which btw he also seems to have a stupidity problem with. If a good player is a distracting influence on a handful of other players, or is causing a divide amongst the team is he really helping the team?
Shut up moron and play football or go somewhere else.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh and in case everyone forgot about last 4th of July when he tweeted that it was only Independence Day for Whitey.....I'd be all for kicking him off the team. IMO saying sh!t like this is 10x worse than smoking weed which btw he also seems to have a stupidity problem with. If a good player is a distracting influence on a handful of other players, or is causing a divide amongst the team is he really helping the team?

Is he dividing the team? Or influencing a handful of players? Please show me where you read that.

Personally, I think he's just an idiot 20-year-old. Run-of-the-mill. But probably should have his Twitter access suspended by the coaching staff.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Is he dividing the team? Or influencing a handful of players? Please show me where you read that.

Personally, I think he's just an idiot 20-year-old. Run-of-the-mill. But probably should have his Twitter access suspended by the coaching staff.
Wasn't he in the car with Treon and another player last year?
He is going to be an upper classmen and should be someone that younger and incoming players look up too. We've been stuck with this punk attitude for about 6 or 7 years now......and the worse part is it's not even being backed up on the field of play.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Imagine if it were a white player making similar comments referencing "African Americans" what kind of S*#t storm would that be? I doubt it would be chalked up to "oh just a twenty something being silly, we all have done it".

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't he in the car with Treon and another player last year?
He is going to be an upper classmen and should be someone that younger and incoming players look up too. We've been stuck with this punk attitude for about 6 or 7 years now......and the worse part is it's not even being backed up on the field of play.

Tabor's not playing well? Not sure what you mean by that.

This is just a kid saying stupid things. Not armed robbery. Not B&E. Not sexual assault. Not assault and battery.

Do you think when you get drunk at a Christmas party and say something stupid that somebody should write down what you said and report it to your boss so that you can get fired? Should your boss fire you?

Overreact much?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I kind of wish all these athletes would start getting paid then be taxed for it all. Would literally laugh my ass off as they bitch and moan about that and how it's not fair. Tabor, do me a favor, STFU and play football. You're not going to be thousands of dollars in debt, you're going to have endless opportunities after you're done playing one day; God blessed you with a talent of playing a GAME for a living. The rest of us have to actually contribute to society.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Tabor's not playing well? Not sure what you mean by that.

This is just a kid saying stupid things. Not armed robbery. Not B&E. Not sexual assault. Not assault and battery.

Do you think when you get drunk at a Christmas party and say something stupid that somebody should write down what you said and report it to your boss so that you can get fired? Should your boss fire you?

Overreact much?

Well if I am representing the company while at this party then yes, yes I do.Tabor is a walking representative of the university; he should know better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.