Just lost respect for Tabor

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
.......Personally, I think he's just an idiot 20-year-old. Run-of-the-mill. But probably should have his Twitter access suspended by the coaching staff.

Agreed. But then he would just go on facebook to rant about the injustice of it all. Face it...many of these kids are just dumb-asses and the coaches can't save them from their selves. But they wear our colors and play for our team, so we love'em anyway...

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh and in case everyone forgot about last 4th of July when he tweeted that it was only Independence Day for Whitey.....I'd be all for kicking him off the team. IMO saying sh!t like this is 10x worse than smoking weed which btw he also seems to have a stupidity problem with. If a good player is a distracting influence on a handful of other players, or is causing a divide amongst the team is he really helping the team?
Shut up moron and play football or go somewhere else.

I remember reading that tweet and when I saw it I just face palmed... I think everyone knows he's a moron at times but he plays good ball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor's not playing well? Not sure what you mean by that.

This is just a kid saying stupid things. Not armed robbery. Not B&E. Not sexual assault. Not assault and battery.

Do you think when you get drunk at a Christmas party and say something stupid that somebody should write down what you said and report it to your boss so that you can get fired? Should your boss fire you?

Overreact much?

Why are you defending this? It is ignorant and stupid. There's zero excuse.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Stupid comment. Glad he apologized. Glad he's on our side of the field.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not Tabor's first rodeo on twitter. I can't recall all of his blundered comments, but it's been two or three other twitter incidents. Have any of you had to deal with the generation coming out of HS these days? Complete morons, even the honor students. Total lack of communication and empathy for others in conversation. Thank iPhones, FB, etc. I'm certainly not a fan of what he said, but I didn't really have a lot of respect for him to lose.

As for the actual issues he raises, I understand where he's coming from. You are making a lot of money for the University. More than what we talk about, because of the other sports operating at a loss. Plus these "faces of the program" get their picture thrown up all over the place....posters, commercials, etc. Watch the 30 for 30 on the Fab 5 and they do a good job of talking about the money issue. So I get where he's coming from as a top player at a highly visible program. The problem is that it's a deeper issue than that.

I think it's completely valid to say they are compensated plenty at about $50k/year for room/board/tuition/etc. That's roughly $4.25MM a year in "labor" on a sport with about a $45MM profit minus fixed costs. Now this certainly doesn't account for merchandising that football creates. So a couple arguments can be made. 1) That is pretty consistent with NFL profits, so the salary pool is probably close, but could be increased some. 2) the scholarships are based more in communism than capitalism. Meaning all scholarship players get paid the same regardless the amount or type of labor. I think most upper tier scholarship athletes think the same thing. I do more, but Hardin gets the same benefits, but they either can't process and communicate it or know better than to say it. The problem is how could you realistically split the money. Would they NCAA put in a salary cap? etc. etc etc.

So how do you fix the problem? How much a problem is it really? I mean in reality there is competition. These guys could go to the CFL and get paid to play. So you can't call the college machine slavery, when you have options. Could the NCAA allow players to participate in limited endorsements for money? What other ways can you reward the top players for what they do? After all, they are responsible for a lot of money coming in. From an economic POV, I'd love to see some top guys go to the CFL for 3 years. As a college football fan, I'd hate to see it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Do you think when you get drunk at a Christmas party and say something stupid that somebody should write down what you said and report it to your boss so that you can get fired? Should your boss fire you?
I am the boss...:lol2:
How many times has he been suspended or caught with pot? At least 4 times in 2 years plus 2 or 3 REALLY stupid tweets and whatever was the deal with his cut up hand a while back? Slipped in the shower???
Bosses tend to fire or replace people who have a negative pattern of behavior.....You know things like drug abuse, getting suspended, saying negative things about their workplace AND especially racist remarks....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well if I am representing the company while at this party then yes, yes I do.Tabor is a walking representative of the university; he should know better.
.... Do you think when you get drunk at a Christmas party and say something stupid that somebody should write down what you said and report it to your boss so that you can get fired? Should your boss fire you?

1) That is called being held accountable for your actions. Something many is this generation know NOTHING about.

2) This is not a matter of someone doing something inappropriate and then being tattled on... these kids essentially tell on themselves with continued dumbassery on social media. They do not have the emotional maturity to just not say stupid embarrassing stuff. We're embarrassed for them, even when they are too stupid to be embarrassed for themselves...

Hopefully one day they will grow into mature, responsible, accountable men and look back and be embarrassed for themselves... but probably not...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No I wouldn't. Btw, The difference between this and Rapeis comments is that Rapeis consistently committed crimes and never showed any atonement. What Tabor said wasn't a crime. And he didn't have the school or his attorney make a statement of atonement. He made the apology.
"Slaverty is to (sic) far, but you get the message" is an apology ??? Really.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe one day when the NFL goes out of business or starts its own farm league we can get back to athletic contests between schools that are played by actual students who are enrolled to get an education.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you defending this? It is ignorant and stupid. There's zero excuse.

I'm not defending what he said. I'm saying that he's a kid and kids say stupid things. It's ridiculous and over-the-top to say that he should be kicked off the team for saying something stupid. The coaching staff should yank him off of Twitter. Their job is to not only bring the best out of the kids on the field but to also mold them. I am more than certain that when the coaches are recruiting and they are in the living rooms with the parents of these kids that they are asking these parents to entrust them to help guide these kids and to protect them.

I've been pretty clear that what he tweeted was asinine.

Of course it was embarrassing. Suspend his Twitter account and make him run until he throws up. Making bad decisions and saying stupid things is part of growing up.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... I think everyone knows he's a moron at times but he plays good ball
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. I think he is most likely a moron all of the time. We only see it at times. But you're right, he plays good ball.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Thing of it is, I wad happy with a partial
Maybe. But they're our Gators. Our kids. I just think it was important to note that he did apologize. That was not coming across in the thread. Is that not important? Should have he not? Should have that not been conveyed? Are we now blasting him for apologizing

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe. But they're our Gators. Our kids. I just think it was important to note that he did apologize. That was not coming across in the thread. Is that not important? Should have he not? Should have that not been conveyed? Are we now blasting him for apologizing?
I am bashing the non-apology. Did you even read it? Do you even know what an apology is?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1) That is called being held accountable for your actions. Something many is this generation know NOTHING about.

2) This is not a matter of someone doing something inappropriate and then being tattled on... these kids essentially tell on themselves with continued dumbassery on social media. They do not have the emotional maturity to just not say stupid embarrassing stuff. We're embarrassed for them, even when they are too stupid to be embarrassed for themselves...

Hopefully one day they will grow into mature, responsible, accountable men and look back and be embarrassed for themselves... but probably not...

This generation is the direct influence of the prior generation. I don't know how old you are. I would assume in your mid to late 30s to mid to late 40s. Same generation as me. We raised to this generation. We have nobody to blame but ourselves. They are a reflection on us and how we raise them.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Tabor's not playing well? Not sure what you mean by that.

This is just a kid saying stupid things. Not armed robbery. Not B&E. Not sexual assault. Not assault and battery.

Overreact much?
Given the racial climate today, comparing this to slavery? I get everyone says stupid ****, but come on man.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given the racial climate today, comparing this to slavery? I get everyone says stupid ****, but come on man.

Again, you're right. It's stupid! And they should make him pay all off-season for constantly showing his azz on social media.

I'm just saying that it's a teachable moment.

I am more than sure that the coaches will handle this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.