Kick Marco Wilson off the team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have big respect for your opinion and appreciaate your tempered response. The ole piss player's acton (funny as hell) was premeditated while Marco was more spur of the moment. He made some good pass breakups in the game and was playing well from my cheap seat. I just never really got into piling on dumb plays/players...........win as a team and lose as a team. That goal line stand on the first drive bit us in the ass. It was nasty day all around..........im just hoping that Johnson kid is ok,..
Good God man, you still act like this is Pop Warner and these kids are 8 years old.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Coach you can’t post quotes from teddy Roosevelt, he’s been cancelled already by social justice warriors for being racist and imperialist. You need to get more woke bruh

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I punted mine 10x further than Marco threw the shoe.
giphy.gif

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach, you’ve picked the wrong horse here. He has earned this virtual dressing down, for multiple reasons. His immaturity and selfish behavior, despite his lackluster performances, has cost his team dearly.

He’s our equivalent of the idiot Ole Miss player last year who caught a TD pass at the end of the game then acted like he was a dog pissing on the MSU end zone which drew an unsportsmanlike flag that moved back the extra point try that was subsequently missed to lose the Egg Bowl. The price for his selfish stupidity was paid by the entire team.

That kind of behavior needs to be ridiculed. Anyone who tries to make excuses for it is only contributing to the problem, not helping to correct it. If you want to compete at the highest level, your personal behavior should be held to the highest standard.
Only difference is he cost our QB a Heisman and the team a shot at the playoffs....egg bowl is cool and all but stakes were a little bit higher here!

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Should have been benched immediately after the incident and be in Mullens office this morning to be told he is off the team.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Mullen: “I guess that’s a penalty”

Can a P5 coach possibly be that ignorant?
He's making excuses again, somehow suggesting that it as a silly call to throw a flag. If that's his opinion then Mullen should take a NFL job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
calling that penalty and giving them new life was like getting 3yrs for jay walking.........fck the ref......
that's always a delay of game penalty. always.

did you even play football?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's making excuses again, somehow suggesting that it as a silly call to throw a flag. If that's his opinion then Mullen should take a NFL job.

I’m not sure which is worse, Wilson’s actions on the field or Mullen’s deaf ear in the postgame presser. Whether he wants to acknowledge it or not, Mullen’s benign reaction sets the tone for what’s acceptable and what’s not, from the lowest player on the depth chart to the assistant coaches whose job it is to help spread the team message.

Can you imagine Spurrier reacting that way when the question was posed? Not a chance. At a minimum, Wilson would not dress for next week’s game. I fully expect to see him in the starting lineup.

And if we’ve evolved into such an esteemed institution that places values on education and decorum, where’s the outrage? I’m probably getting ahead of myself a bit here, but these are the things going through my mind in the aftermath of that colossal embarrassment.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s just after 10:00 am on Sunday, is Marco gone yet?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I have big respect for your opinion and appreciaate your tempered response. The ole piss player's acton (funny as hell) was premeditated while Marco was more spur of the moment. He made some good pass breakups in the game and was playing well from my cheap seat. I just never really got into piling on dumb plays/players...........win as a team and lose as a team. That goal line stand on the first drive bit us in the ass. It was nasty day all around..........im just hoping that Johnson kid is ok,..
First of all......we all hope "that Johnson kid" is Ok. Keyontae Johnson I think you are talking about. The other Johnson that played for LSU, you know..the son of a former FSU QB made Wilson and the rest of our secondary and Toad look like a middle school defense. So that Johnson is doing just fine.

Marco has been a disaster and it's not this year. You can't tell me that a kid that does the dumb stuff that he does isn't a problem in the classroom and on the practice field. They KNOW he is a knucklehead and his team mates know as well. He should be kicked off this morning and used as an example of what the standard is going to be from here on out if you are going to play for us. That's what a real leader of men would do. That's what a coach that intends to take a program to the top would do. Grantham would be told that his services are no longer needed after the Bama blowout because he is NOT a championship DC.

You should find another team that will do feel good stuff and appease immature, selfish players that underperform. I'm sure they have a message board you can feel good on. Frankly, Ox should give you a vacation just for being this absurd.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The problem is it would be a penalty there too. It’s one of those finite technicality rules in football that taking a player’s belonging and throwing it is sometimes frowned upon.

His response has nothing to do with ignorance and everything to do with arrogance. I’m still not sure adults making this much money and being in a position of responsibility can’t simply acknowledge their error and apologize. His wife must hate him.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The problem is it would be a penalty there too. It’s one of those finite technicality rules in football that taking a player’s belonging and throwing it is sometimes frowned upon.

His response has nothing to do with ignorance and everything to do with arrogance. I’m still not sure adults making this much money and being in a position of responsibility can’t simply acknowledge their error and apologize. His wife must hate him.
It can be the problem of whatever team is dumb enough to hire him. Jets maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator