Kids these days will never know….

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Still the only two flavors I drink.
I quit drinking the stuff quite awhile ack but when I was still partaking, the blue was really good when it's scorching hot outside. Not sure why but it tasted better than the others when the temp was hot. The red color---don't go near it. Overall though original green was always my favorite.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I quit drinking the stuff quite awhile ack but when I was still partaking, the blue was really good when it's scorching hot outside. Not sure why but it tasted better than the others when the temp was hot. The red color---don't go near it. Overall though original green was always my favorite.
It's my hangover drink. :bananadance2:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
images

Years ago when I worked in construction we would get Mountain Dew in these glass jars. After we drank them we would put a 16 penny nail in, point down, and shake it in a circular motion. We could cut the bottom out of that glass bottle pretty cleanly. Good times... :crazy:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
images

Years ago when I worked in construction we would get Mountain Dew in these glass jars. After we drank them we would put a 16 penny nail in, point down, and shake it in a circular motion. We could cut the bottom out of that glass bottle pretty cleanly. Good times... :crazy:
never tried that with the nail but I know exactly the feel and sound of pealing that styrofoam type label off.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Does anyone recall Mountain Dew's original slogan? Remember they had a hillbilly character(can't remember if he was shooting a rifle or not) and I think it had an outhouse illustrated on the label with Hillbilly Boy. Their slogan--"It'll tickle your innards" or something to that effect. I was very young but vividly remember when it hit the market and everyone loved it. Never tasted anything quite like it.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
never tried that with the nail but I know exactly the feel and sound of pealing that styrofoam type label off.
For sure... Another fun trick with those bottles is to put the cap back on as tightly as you can after finishing the drink and toss it into a fire to see how long before it explodes...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Does anyone recall Mountain Dew's original slogan? Remember they had a hillbilly character(can't remember if he was shooting a rifle or not) and I think it had an outhouse illustrated on the label with Hillbilly Boy. Their slogan--"It'll tickle your innards" or something to that effect. I was very young but vividly remember when it hit the market and everyone loved it. Never tasted anything quite like it.
I don't remember that but it was easy enough to find...

1686596737109.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re crossing KY and AL off your list. Forty eight more to go.

I’ve been to Alabama. It was ok. I wouldn’t see it again. And I didn’t technically cross Kentucky off. I just don’t trust them based on history and general try to steer clear of commonwealths.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I drink 1/3 Gatorade 2/3 water at night before bed any time I drink. It prevents as much as cures.

My ratio is heavier on Gatorade. Either 100% or 50-50 with water.

I knew dudes who would mix Gatorade with vodka and swear no hangover.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator