Kiffin to LSU as OC

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. :facepalm:

How bad have things gotten that people are bandying about Lane F**king Kiffin, Ed Orgeron and Steve Sarkisian as good head coaching possibilities. All three have been complete disasters in very different ways at every head coaching position they've had.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin will get another HC gig this year, why would he make a lateral move?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin will get another HC gig this year, why would he make a lateral move?
Kiffin has already squandered 3 chances as HC. Only a desperate P5 would take him, and he can make more money as an OC at a big program than as an HC in a tier 2 or 3 conference. More time needs to pass before a big school will give him an opportunity

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I think Kiffin will stay where he is until he gets a big offer from a top-tier school. Why would he go anywhere else as an assistant? And why would he take a HC job at a losing school? Not going to happen. He has it made right now. He gets to execute his offense with some of the best players in the country. Just think about how good Hurts is going to be in a year or two...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like coach O is trying to put that "USC connection" back together. Only way to out recruit Bama is to have a staff equally as dirty or have one dirtier. Those 3 plus Corey Raymond would be 4 of the best/dirtiest recruiters in the game...that's for sure!

It's exactly what was reported on Saturday, he is trying to get the band back together. Because it's worked out so well before.....

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's exactly what was reported on Saturday, he is trying to get the band back together. Because it's worked out so well before.....
If it happens and they bring in some more of the guys who we're at USC with them (during Carroll's tenure) things will get interesting fast in the West. They already have an elite program with a roster full of elite talent but for some reason have continually missed on QB'S. If Kiffin is hired (as rumored) that will no longer be a problem at LSU because He'll go out and find several top notch QB'S in his first full recruiting class...book it! Soon as they get a legitimate QB they can compete/beat Bama yr in and yr out with the guys they consistently bring in.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it happens and they bring in some more of the guys who we're at USC with them (during Carroll's tenure) things will get interesting fast in the West. They already have an elite program with a roster full of elite talent but for some reason have continually missed on QB'S. If Kiffin is hired (as rumored) that will no longer be a problem at LSU because He'll go out and find several top notch QB'S in his first full recruiting class...book it! Soon as they get a legitimate QB they can compete/beat Bama yr in and yr out with the guys they consistently bring in.

LSU is ripe with a talented recruiting base, and that staff will be able to recruit and get the pieces they need. The issue will be their own game day coaching decisions. Neither of them left unchecked have shown the ability to be great game day coaches. Both are good at their areas, but they are better when they have a person to run their ideas against. They will be able to pressure Bama, but will their few boneheaded decisions a game cost them against teams like Bama.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Kiffin has already squandered 3 chances as HC. Only a desperate P5 would take him, and he can make more money as an OC at a big program than as an HC in a tier 2 or 3 conference. More time needs to pass before a big school will give him an opportunity
Thank god we're all set for a HC

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Fake non sense. Not gonna happen and I know it right off of the bat... Just like the saban to Texas rumors or the gruden to Tennessee.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

To be fair, Kiffin got fired from USC. But he left UT on his own, after only one year (to take the USC job) so he didn't necessarily "squander" that job. The Oakland job was a disaster and a no-win situation and the front office was run by a certified nut job! Other than running his mouth, he didn't necessarily "squander" his job opportunities. He was run out of USC for not winning enough, he went 28-15.

I'm not advocating that he's a great coach. But he's 4 years removed from USC and has been mentored by the best coach in CFB the last 3 years. He's had 3 QBs in 3 years and has done an admirable job. Most importantly, he's kept his mouth shut. He's 41 years old now, not a "kid" anymore (by head coaching standards). I think he gets a good P5 job and soon.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
LSU is ripe with a talented recruiting base, and that staff will be able to recruit and get the pieces they need. The issue will be their own game day coaching decisions. Neither of them left unchecked have shown the ability to be great game day coaches. Both are good at their areas, but they are better when they have a person to run their ideas against. They will be able to pressure Bama, but will their few boneheaded decisions a game cost them against teams like Bama.
I agree about their questionable Gameday decisions but they are going to give "Little Nicky" trouble in more ways than one.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree about their questionable Gameday decisions but they are going to give "Little Nicky" trouble in more ways than one.

Agreed... at least they will be as talented and a complete team (unlike the teams under Miles) with an offensive system not stuck in the 50's.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Kiffin got fired from USC. But he left UT on his own, after only one year (to take the USC job) so he didn't necessarily "squander" that job. The Oakland job was a disaster and a no-win situation and the front office was run by a certified nut job! Other than running his mouth, he didn't necessarily "squander" his job opportunities. He was run out of USC for not winning enough, he went 28-15.

I'm not advocating that he's a great coach. But he's 4 years removed from USC and has been mentored by the best coach in CFB the last 3 years. He's had 3 QBs in 3 years and has done an admirable job. Most importantly, he's kept his mouth shut. He's 41 years old now, not a "kid" anymore (by head coaching standards). I think he gets a good P5 job and soon.
Our current coach was also an OC at Bama and "mentored" by Saban. He also was there for a national championship. He also did an admirable job. So did that make him a good head coach? He was handed the fastest car in the race and won. Is that really such a great accomplishment?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our current coach was also an OC at Bama and "mentored" by Saban. He also was there for a national championship. He also did an admirable job. So did that make him a good head coach? He was handed the fastest car in the race and won. Is that really such a great accomplishment?

Well, so was Jimbo Fisher. He's won an NC.....and is 9-1 vs. the SEC....and recruits top 5 classes.

It's a crap shoot.

Pete Carroll (another Kiffin mentor) was not necessarily successful when he was younger....and made a hell of a comeback later in his career.

You would think that coaches/people learn from their mistakes. But again, it's a crap shoot.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Agreed... at least they will be as talented and a complete team (unlike the teams under Miles) with an offensive system not stuck in the 50's.
To be honest...I hope it all happens just so I can see Nick/Bama fall. I wish we could be the one's to do it but let's be real...nobody at UF is going to spend the money or put the resources into place it takes nor or we going to do "what is nessacery to reel in the elite players consistently" it takes to beat Bama on a regular basis. So I'm forced to pull for anyone (in the SEC) that will slap that midget off the mountain top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator