Let’s talk Offensive Line—key to 2019 season!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
“Among the three incoming freshmen this summer, there are also some guys who could quickly work their way into the rotation. Both Wardrick Wilson and Deyavie Hammond were considered more ready-to-play prospects than most who enrolled this spring, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly they pick things up early in fall camp. They could supplant the likes of White and Tarquin in the rotation if the transition is smooth.”

O.K.....I see Hammond had to go JUCO.....
I can never resist low hanging fruit.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If it’s an o-line thread, aren’t we obligated to discuss how Andrew Mike is in line for reps this year?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
For those with a subscription, Will Sammon at the Athletic has a nice piece bolstering @Swamp Donkey ’s take that Hevesy will have the line pretty ready (or at least that the inexperience won’t be the major problem). I won’t paste much but this chart sums up Sammon’s work. If you aren’t subscribed, he’s the only one writing anything insightful beyond the Read and Reaction guy.

upload_2019-7-26_18-32-27.png

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For those with a subscription, Will Sammon at the Athletic has a nice piece bolstering @Swamp Donkey ’s take that Hevesy will have the line pretty ready (or at least that the inexperience won’t be the major problem). I won’t paste much but this chart sums up Sammon’s work. If you aren’t subscribed, he’s the only one writing anything insightful beyond the Read and Reaction guy.

I think MSU lost a few linemen going from 2014 to 2015. Prescott threw for over 300 yards a game average in 2015 because they couldn't lean on the running game as much as 2014.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I think MSU lost a few linemen going from 2014 to 2015. Prescott threw for over 300 yards a game average in 2015 because they couldn't lean on the running game as much as 2014.

Yeah, the stats I posted in the chart show they only had 32 returning starters. That was the point of the chart. They had 8.2 yards per pass that year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So advanced from the days of Grad Transfer Mason Halter, RT from Fordham who couldn’t bench 220 even one time on Pro Day!.......Hevsey’s got this boys.......Sky’s the limit!

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

On a separate note: Yards per Pass ...
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sideways offense dude. Average pass is 2 yards with 4 yards yac.

I hate throwing in front of the LBs.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sideways offense dude. Average pass is 2 yards with 4 yards yac.

I hate throwing in front of the LBs.
That chart brought home Mullens "passing attack".
Oh how the mighty hath fallen.
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
On any particular play, is there something in Mullens' offense that actually prevents a down field pass?
It seems almost impossible to maintain the low passing yards per play ... for a decade.
Crap... I wish I hadn't seen that chart.
giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

This is quite interesting. I was coming to say I thought UF is probably one good OL away from having confidence that every year this staff will have them ready. I still believe that, but I think your data should cause us to be cautiously optimistic for this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.