Let's Be Honest

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280130 said:
Damn, maybe we should just forfeit. Such defeatism. I'm rather surprised at this coming from you.

Since you're playing the "we played like crap last week so we'll play like crap this week" card, I can do the same with Kentucky. Their last home game they had to break a 33-33 tie with 57 seconds left to beat Louisiana Lafayette. I guess that means we'll wipe the floor with 'em!

The fact is UF is a significantly more talented team, as always. Significantly, even with our depth issues. I'd be absolutely stunned if we lost.

I'm just annoyed at the way the team played and it made me lose confidence. I don't think we will lose the game, but I would not be stunned... I'm still so jaded from watching how this team played bad under Muschamp I think I need to see 3 or 4 games to really have faith in the players.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n280131 said:
I thought they were saying that the TE was their 2nd best target at the beginning of the game.

If I told you that the ECU TE was going to do major damage especially in key moments against us prior to the game... would you have said "that makes sense... he is their #2 target?" It is still ECU and we couldn't cover him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n280138 said:
I'm just annoyed at the way the team played and it made me lose confidence. I don't think we will lose the game, but I would not be stunned... I'm still so jaded from watching how this team played bad under Muschamp I think I need to see 3 or 4 games to really have faith in the players.
It's early, bro. We're two games into a new era. Not sure what you were expecting, but I wasn't surprised at the sloppiness.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n280139 said:
If I told you that the ECU TE was going to do major damage especially in key moments against us prior to the game... would you have said "that makes sense... he is their #2 target?" It is still ECU and we couldn't cover him.

Would I be surprised a team that played us hard in January, who still has that data from the month plus of preparation on our players, was able to play us hard again? No. Am I surprised that they have a tight end who appears to be a pretty decent athlete consistently beat a thin linebacking and safety group? No. lets not pretend like this is a team that only spent a week preparing for us, they were able to use the preparation time last December/January in the prep work for us now. Along with the moments where we shot ourselves in the foot. It's not that big of a surprise.

During the last two years, that's a game we would have found a way to lose. We didn't. It's a new era.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n280143 said:
During the last two years, that's a game we would have found a way to lose. We didn't. It's a new era.

:exactly:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I may be over-reacting to the ECU game and I truly hope my negative feelings are wrong, but I have to go off of what I saw on the field. I have seen this team play 2 teams. They destroyed a really bad New Mexico State team and struggled against an ECU team that is not great.

I admit... Based on what I have seen... my confidence is not as high as I would like.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n280139 said:

No, I would say "that makes sense...our LB's are not that good yet."

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The ECU TE is a 5th year graduate transfer from Marshall. And at 6'6" and 260 pounds he will be a problem for most teams they play. He's also a 2015 Mackey Award nominee. Dude is a beast.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n280070 said:
For me, the question isn't really Kentucky, it's more of a question of what team we are actually going to field.
Exactly

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n280179 said:
So you agree with my comment, but refuse to like it?.......prick :headshake:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n280183 said:
So you agree with my comment, but refuse to like it?.......prick :headshake:

haha.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n280143 said:
Would I be surprised a team that played us hard in January, who still has that data from the month plus of preparation on our players, was able to play us hard again? No. Am I surprised that they have a tight end who appears to be a pretty decent athlete consistently beat a thin linebacking and safety group? No. lets not pretend like this is a team that only spent a week preparing for us, they were able to use the preparation time last December/January in the prep work for us now. Along with the moments where we shot ourselves in the foot. It's not that big of a surprise.

If the unthinkable happens and we lose to KY what will we say then? That Muschamp found a way to win those games?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n280074 said:
Do you think Kentucky is markedly different than ECU? ECU was a ranked team last year. When was the last time Kentucky was ranked? To me they're no different.
You're kidding yourself if you think Kentucky is as bad as ecu.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n280439 said:
Trust me, I don't have a mental disorder. My momma had me tested. I'm not saying we'll lose I'm just saying it's a possibility.
You get the same deal as Deuce. For every point we win by, you get a day's vacation. We won't be seeing you for a while, old hoss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280441 said:
You get the same deal as Deuce. For every point we win by, you get a day's vacation. We won't be seeing you for a while, old hoss.
Cmone I don't want that deal:sadnanner:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n280446 said:
Cmone I don't want that deal:sadnanner:
When you show no faith in our Gators, you have to pay the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.