Let's Be Honest

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280447 said:
When you show no faith in our Gators, you have to pay the price.

Sooooo, what price will you pay if our doubts are proved right?

Seems like you always want to hold the ban-hammer over peoples head.......

Unlike some others I realize you are just stirring the pot but "will you shave your head if we lose to the stinky cats?"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n280451 said:
Sooooo, what price will you pay if our doubts are proved right?

Seems like you always want to hold the ban-hammer over peoples head.......

Unlike some others I realize you are just stirring the pot but "will you shave your head if we lose to the stinky cats?"
No. Since I will have committed suicide, it will be difficult for me to do anything else.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox to t...

NeBk9.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n280431 said:
If the unthinkable happens and we lose to KY what will we say then? That Muschamp found a way to win those games?

:doh:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My point is I think we can expect to have some bad things happen this season with what Mac was left with and just because we might get upset in a game this year it doesn't mean he is anything like Muschamp. I still think its the 2nd year until we see it really show in our win/loss results for the season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n280621 said:
My point is I think we can expect to have some bad things happen this season with what Mac was left with and just because we might get upset in a game this year it doesn't mean he is anything like Muschamp. I still think its the 2nd year until we see it really show in our win/loss results for the season.

Fever we are going to lose a game we shouldn't and probably win a game we shouldn't. But the difference is that was a game we would have lost the last two years due to coaches and coaches decisions. If you can't see the difference that is honestly on you.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n280631 said:
Fever we are going to lose a game we shouldn't and probably win a game we shouldn't. But the difference is that was a game we would have lost the last two years due to coaches and coaches decisions. If you can't see the difference that is honestly on you.

OK but we could say that about KY last season and other games. Muschamp was atrocious but we pulled out some nail biters in spite of him against teams on par with ECU this season probably like KY last season and La Directional school and some others. I don't think a shocking loss to KY would say anything about Mac this first season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;279958 said:
Honest... you want Honesty....... I don't think you can handle the honesty!!!!!

Honestly, I don't see the Gators winning this game. I would be very happy with a road win and I think they are capable of winning but,,,,,, I just don't see the improvement that I expected. Many of you are expecting UF to turn the switch and become a "good" functioning team in one week. In reality even a "good" team might have trouble with UK at home this year. Even though our defense has put up good numbers, they really have had issues stopping both cupcakes we played (correction: NMSU was more like a Club Team than a College team, so 1 cupcake). I don't think Hargraves can't fix the Suckage from our safeties..... I expect UK to get behind or through our safeties and I don't expect our d-line to get pressure without bringing some blitzes which will put more pressure on terrible safeties.

Offense: I think Grier has all the tools to be a great SEC QB, unfortunately this 2 QB system is damaging his ability to find and keep a rhythm.. I think he will have two turn overs and only complete about 50% of his passes which will be mostly short, dump off passes. I don't think we will rush for more than 90 yards and we will be hard pressed to score 30 points. I also don't think a recovering, returning Ivey will be a difference maker up front. All in all, I just don't see an offense capable of putting 30+ points on UK and a defense not capable of holding UK to under 30.

So, I predict a finale score of UK 35, UF 28!

How confident am I in this prediction? Not very.....

I still want my Gators to win every game but I think WM just left too many problems to fix in one year.

Go Gators!

I don't see Kentucky beating us. Especially because they have not been able to beat us the last several years. That being said I don't think them beating us is that big of a stretch. But there is no way in hell they put up 35 points. If they win it will have to be more of a 21 to 17 victory.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n280637 said:
OK but we could say that about KY last season and other games. Muschamp was atrocious but we pulled out some nail biters in spite of him against teams on par with ECU this season probably like KY last season and La Directional school and some others. I don't think a shocking loss to KY would say anything about Mac this first season.

Would a Shocking loss to KY possibly happen sure, does that mean McElwain is a bad coach. No. Saban lost Lousianna-Monroe while getting Alabama right (comparing it to 9/11) and lost to Alabama-Birminham while getting LSU right. The difference is in how the team is coached and how the performance in a loss.

Muschamp didn't pull victory from the jaws of defeat (mostly in the 2012 season), but more often than not after the 2012 season pulled defeat from the jaws of victory.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n280659 said:
Would a Shocking loss to KY possibly happen sure, does that mean McElwain is a bad coach.
Exactly. He is doing a pretty darn amazing job with the OL heap of dung he was left. It's obvious he knows what he needs to do to get that thing fixed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n280459 said:
No. Since I will have committed suicide, it will be difficult for me to do anything else.

:lmao: is this before or after you shoot cowboy. Wait it must after.
Exactly. He is doing a pretty darn amazing job with the OL heap of dung he was left. It's obvious he knows what he needs to do to get that thing fixed.
Pretty much but the boys are not sh#T, they are working hard with what they got.

IF I had to bet my money today I would bet UK. In gainesville. I bet us. We can UK by winning the line of scrimmage at important times. You know all the cliches. Taking care of the ball, no stupid penalties. SPecial team play etc etc etc.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n280653 said:
I don't see Kentucky beating us. Especially because they have not been able to beat us the last several years. That being said I don't think them beating us is that big of a stretch. But there is no way in hell they put up 35 points. If they win it will have to be more of a 21 to 17 victory.

They scored more than that last year(too lazy to look it up) didn't they? And against a better defense(Fowler)? I could be wrong, but aren't they bringing just about everybody back from last years team? I think we will win, but it will probably be something like 38-34. I wouldn't be shocked if we lost, pissed yes, but not totally shocked.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n281162 said:
They scored more than that last year(too lazy to look it up) didn't they? And against a better defense(Fowler)? I could be wrong, but aren't they bringing just about everybody back from last years team? I think we will win, but it will probably be something like 38-34. I wouldn't be shocked if we lost, pissed yes, but not totally shocked.

You're only shocked when Bilema loses, huh?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n281161 said:
Pretty much but the boys are not sh#T, they are working hard with what they got..
I doñt mean the PLAYERS are shut, I mean the situation was shut. These same kids might be a dominating in three years, but freshmen in the SEC don't cut it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n281196 said:
I doñt mean the PLAYERS are shut, I mean the situation was shut. These same kids might be a dominating in three years, but freshmen in the SEC don't cut it.
Agreed. Experience is what we are getting for this group. Big wins will probably be just icing on the cupcake

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;281196 said:

Agreed. Despite me being hopeful, I see 7 wins this year, we may steal one to get 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280441 said:
Originally posted by t-gator View Post
Trust me, I don't have a mental disorder. My momma had me tested. I'm not saying we'll lose I'm just saying it's a possibility.

You get the same deal as Deuce. For every point we win by, you get a day's vacation. We won't be seeing you for a while, old hoss.

:dance2:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee most people can't take honesty, and many don't recognize it when they actually see it. Too many can't be honest in many ways, it is against their selfish natures.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gator Fever;n280637 said:

Yes it would. Your record is your record, and Mac would have the dubious honor of being the coach whose team lost to lowly Kentucky, breaking the longest winning/losing streak in division one football. But we ain't losing so don't worry about making excuses for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.