Let's talk the running game

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know, I thought the cut back up the middle Thompson made on the td was pretty nifty.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Considering this is the first season in eons it seems we can emphasize the power run game instead that rag doll gone bad crap of the past, the vision should get better as the carries mount. My opinion and decision not to pick at scabs on an otherwise nice looking game of execution. Go Gators!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't know, I thought the cut back up the middle Thompson made on the td was pretty nifty.
Text book...if he had gone straight at the intended hole he would have got stuffed like last week...if he didn't make the cut when he did the play could have been strung out too wide....don't sleep on Thompson, I think he will get better the more carries he gets and the more games he gets under his belt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not ready to give up on the guy that's 6'2" 240lb and runs a 4.4.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It's a term for calling it like you see it but if we want to make everything a race game in life than I'll change it. Just asked my friends from here in New York if they've ever heard that and they laughed at anyone thinking its racist but sure. Let's blame it on me being from Florida
I can vouch for the fact that it is a term much used in the midwest when I was young and elsewhere since then. Think gardening tool or cards, because believe it or not, those are the real descriptions..

Frankly, I'm more concerned about the racist inclinations of people who hear this old expression and immediately think it must be a racial slur. Do we need to change the name of 1/4 of a card deck , rename a garden tool," narrow shovel" now? .Maybe we should ban the color black.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
doesn't matter who we've got in there at RB. just run behind #65 and the man-child will lead the rush to glory!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
4 yards a carry is very good, nothing to worry about there.

The 5 yards a carry the RBs themselves managed against that weak front 7 isnt good. Those are the defenses you can get the 7ypc average against for a game if you are running the ball well. I guess it was nice they seemed to be able to get about 4 yards etc. when they needed it however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Could possibly be that teams are still daring us to throw so they're loading the box on us but I honestly haven't paid attention enough on the topic to say completely. We haven't given anyone a reason in 6 years to believe we can beat them with the pass though, so there lies a possibility this was and is the game plan still for opposing defenses

Didnt watch for that in this game but UMass wasnt really loading the box on most plays.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen him race Jordan Scarlett and was probably half a step slower. Scarlett runs a sub 4.4.

Scarlett doesn't run sub 4.4 and I saw the race and Thompson was 2 steps slower (big difference in time).

I'm not knocking either, love them both, but let's be realistic. Don't go off of their high school, hand timed 40s where everybody runs "4.4s" lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett doesn't run sub 4.4 and I saw the race and Thompson was 2 steps slower (big difference in time).

I'm not knocking either, love them both, but let's be realistic. Don't go off of their high school, hand timed 40s where everybody runs "4.4s" lol
Scarlett was clocked at 4.38 here dude. It's not the point anyways. Thompson is a grown man out there. I'm glad we have a freak of nature like that to hand the ball off to.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett was clocked at 4.38 here dude. It's not the point anyways. Thompson is a grown man out there. I'm glad we have a freak of nature like that to hand the ball off to.

Hand timed, which is never accurate. But I agree it's not a big deal and I'm glad we have them both :fistbump:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I ran a hand-timed 4.7 in cleats on grass my senior year of college. :proud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator