Let's talk the running game

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Mark T will be fine...if you watch closely he runs with 2 hands covering the ball at all times (probably to prevent fumbling). I'm sure he sees that Mac is not a fan of the fumbling and will pull his ass out for the rest of the game if he does. As he continues to gain confidence I think we will see him become a bit more explosive in his runs.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Mark T will be fine...if you watch closely he runs with 2 hands covering the ball at all times (probably to prevent fumbling). I'm sure he sees that Mac is not a fan of the fumbling and will pull his ass out for the rest of the game if he does. As he continues to gain confidence I think we will see him become a bit more explosive in his runs.

Watched him enough in Spring and JUCO highlights to know he isn't ever going to be an explosive runner. Decent back and hard to bring down, yes, but never explosive.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The 5 yards a carry the RBs themselves managed against that weak front 7 isnt good. Those are the defenses you can get the 7ypc average against for a game if you are running the ball well. I guess it was nice they seemed to be able to get about 4 yards etc. when they needed it however.
The 4.4 yards a carry looks decent, but I agree it's not great at all. It means we aren't breaking off any long runs. And against the two teams we just played it's a little troubling

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mark T will be fine...if you watch closely he runs with 2 hands covering the ball at all times (probably to prevent fumbling).
sherlock-holmes-facebook-insights-blog.jpg

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I think Scarlett is prob our best all around back right now. Fast, runs hard, good pass pro, etc. Him and Cronk should probably share the load in the 1st half. When the D is wearing out Thompson should be the guy who can come in and pound the rock till the defense wilts given he continues to hold on to the football. Perine is prob going to be the back w' the best career at UF and the kid is easy to pull for with the way he worked to buy a bus ticket to get to UF camp. I like all of our guys back there. We have some options and I'm pretty sure Mac and Co will figure out the rotation for the tenn game.

Go Gators

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Somebody please rewatch game so that I don't have to. But I am pretty sure that we were ineffective running into the line but fine when we ran outside.
Also I suppose a question could be asked if downfield blocking is an issue with runs not being broken for distance?
If anybody breaks one I'm going to guess its going to be Perine.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
From what I recall, our first few runs were good (3-5yds ?) up the middle. Commentators spoke to the KY defense being strong on the edges and weak up the middle for last week's game that they lost. Additionally, I recall several times where we had lineman blocking downfield (first 3-10yds) for runs throughout the game, something idiots like me would often miss. On the whole, though, I can't say how much were runs in the middle vs outside nor which ones proved most effective overall....after the first few drives I stopped thinking and tried to enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator