Lincoln Riley blows off LSU, takes USC job; Venables to OU?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Guess Riley is getting 10 years at 15 million a year and no SEC gauntlet…think he made the right decision.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow

@AdamSchefter: Oklahoma has targeted Cardinals’ HC Kliff Kingsbury as one of the potential replacements for Lincoln Riley, league sources tell ESPN. Kingsbury has one year remaining on his contract after this season.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Wow

@AdamSchefter: Oklahoma has targeted Cardinals’ HC Kliff Kingsbury as one of the potential replacements for Lincoln Riley, league sources tell ESPN. Kingsbury has one year remaining on his contract after this season.
No way a guy with the top NFC team at the moment leaves. He took a lot of crap when they hired him and don’t think he ego wouldn’t leave without feeling like he proved people wrong.

you have to admire folks going for grand slams to win the game

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow

that's just dumb. He's not leaving an NFL team with one of the best records in the league and essentially a guaranteed playoff birth for a college team. OU needs to pull their head out of their ass.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
USC > LSU? I don't thinkk so but apparently Riley does....or is it a mattter of him being afraid to play an SEC schedule and the PAC-12 looks easier? Just wondering....

USC is one of the crown jewels of CFB. The only reason they’re in their current condition is the exact same reason we are: piss poor management at all levels. It seems that they’re finally serious about football again. If so, expect them to be on a roll very quickly. Riley is a great coach and a great recruiter. And with NIL regulations that can be leveraged at USC better than any school in America, it’ll be extremely difficult to pull recruits away from them. All the sh!t they used to do is now legal. He’d be a fool to choose LSU over USC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Short list if we lose JH

Dana Holgerson
Lane Kiffin
Peyton
Gruden
Luke Fikell"

Gruden :rotfl:
Out of that group, Kiffy is the most dangerous. Holgy probably isn't coming. He had a rough time with their cousin hillbillys. Can't recruit either. Fickell is a joke. as are Peyton and Gruden.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldnt even visit cali yet alone live there. I hate the place and have never stepped foot in it. I wish it would separate from the rest of the country and float out to the sea.
You dont admire gangster rap and the skreet. Most of these kids do. Not sure how well a Texas kid is going to relate to all of that, but whatever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lsu is better than usc. Usc is overrated because their talent pool is overrated. You are more likely to win a NC at LSU than at usc.
Talent pool is overrated but they play against other PAC schools and do have some talented skill players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.