Litigation, Who Has War Stories?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
…Fees clause in full annoying parasite bully who just exposed herself to legal liability while trying to hurt my wife and I for an imagined injury. Holy crap. What a world.

When does football start again?
You’re looking forward to Gator football for emotional relief?!?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
You’re looking forward to Gator football for emotional relief?!?
The lawsuit has been like pulling teeth on a semi monthly basis. There isn't an amount of money that can make up for all the pain and headaches. By the fall, it will be over, and I'll be watching Gators, win, lose or draw.

The question will be wether it's worth another lawsuit to punch a bully in the mouth. She's an unhinged monster who declared in writing that she will "**** us anyway she can," even if it comes back on her. Welp, she'll now have to answer for her mountain of lies. I assume the courts don't like it very much when someone tries to manipulate them to exact personal revenge (without basis).

Last edited:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
The lawsuit has been like pulling teeth on a semi monthly basis. There isn't an amount of money that can make up for all the pain and headaches. By the fall, it will be over, and I'll be watching Gators, win, lose or draw.

The question will be wether it's worth another lawsuit to bunch a bully in the mouth. She's an unhinged monster who declared in writing that she will "**** us anyway she can," even if it comes back on her. Welp, she'll now have to answer for her mountain of lies. I assume the courts don't like it very much when someone tries to manipulate them to exact personal revenge (without basis).
Good luck. It sounds like she deserves some grief in her life.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Good luck. It sounds like she deserves some grief in her life.
She's already a miserable person. I could just let the revenge take care of itself.

Not sure I can handle more court proceeding and ******* lawyers. My guy can't wait to sue her (of course he can't wait - fees, fees, fees.).

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
She already a miserable person. I could just let the revenge take care of itself.

Not sure I can handle more court proceeding and ******* lawyers. My guy can't wait to sue her (of course he can't wait - fees, fees, fees.).
I might would try and sue her with any legal fees to be paid to your attorney "in addition to" your award... Is that possible?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We settled our lawsuit on Monday for $175K. Our fees were around $55-60k. The advice y'all gave in this thread is golden. Everyone should read it. It's so hard to win anything from anyone that makes the expensive, super invasive, super painful process worth it. Lawfare is real y'all.

Here's a synopsis:
1.) We purchased an old farm house on 20 acres that had a shared easement and spent 2 years rehabbing and improving the place.
2.) The neighbor kept an empire of junk and trash along the shared easement. He refused to clean it up even at our expense.
3.) A 2020 forrest fire wipes out our Little House on the Prairie.
4.) We are informed by firemen that the condition of the easement discouraged them from calling for additional resources.
5.) Ass hole neighbor is insured against tort for $500K but our damages are over $1 million. The dude himself had zero assets.
6.) His insurer tried to throw him under the bus and claim it was malice so they're not paying a dime.
7.) 3+ years later and a settlement is reached for $175K. All parties are disappointed. But at least it's over.

Yippie! We can finally get on with our lives..... not so fast my friend. Here comes the twist:

A bully, female pot-grower (we lived in NorCal at the time) who was growing her crop on a far corner of our 20 acres (without our knowledge or consent) begged us to sell her our charred 20 acres. She was another adjacent neighbor and had been growing around 400 pounds of the sticky icky on our property for the past 3 years. If we put our property on the open market she would have to bulldoze her garden. Naturally we made her pay through the nose for it and we packed off to Missouri to help take care of my MIL.

The very season after this unfortunate shrew bought our land, the price of illegal cannabis cratered and she was underwater on the new acquisition. So she decides to sue us for insufficient disclosures about the lawsuit against the neighbor. She sues us for $500K and demands a refund on the land, plus interest and emotional damages because we extorted her into purchasing it. We are now contemplating a countersuit. The details make for a great story but I want to be careful about what I share until we decide what to do about her.

Man, I feel for you lawyers. Complicated, petty, mean business.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That sounds awful @Egor's Assistant . I hope you can wrap up the whole ordeal soon. Did the neighbor’s purchase price allow for a profit after it was all said and done? Hope this latest suit wraps up quickly.

when I was going through medical issues I strongly considered suing the Dr. I wanted my life back, not money. My SIL is an attorney and she laid out how long, drawn out and exhausting a lawsuit would be. I wasn’t willing to relive all of that in court.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Everybody talking about the emotional strain of litigation, can you imagine being DJT?
And all of his are BS while they're simply trying to prevent him from running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator