URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LSU has 5 INTS (1 per game)
UF has 12 INTS (2 per game)

LSU has 2 recovered fumbles (0.4 per game)
UF has 5. (0.83 per game)

LSU is 38th with 7 TFL per game
UF is 13th with 8.3 TFL per game

LSU is 37th with 2.6 sacks per game
UF is 5th with 4.33 sacks per game

LSU is 25th with a team passing efficiency defense rating of 114.09
UF is 9th with a team passing efficiency defense rating of 103.77

LSU is 29th in scoring defense giving up 19.8 pts per game
UF is 5th in scoring defense with just 9.5 pts per game

The best offense LSU faced (Texas), shredded them for 530 total yards. (more than Texas average)
Vandy put 374 on them ( more than their average)

UF gave up just 269 to Aub, a team that avg over 420 yards of offense
UF gave up 239 yards to UT, a team that avgs 353 yards.
UF gave up 301 yards to Miami, a team that avgs 449 yards.

The only team UF gave up more yardage than the opponent avg was UK, giving up right at 400 to them, though much of it came before Franks went out.

So basically UF beats LSU in almost every measurable defensive stat, and did so on a slightly tougher schedule.
LSU routinely gives up more than their opponents avg, while UF routinely holds opponents to well under their avg.

Assuming we are at full power with players, I am more confident in this game than I was against Aub.

We're gonna win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He didn’t force the run vs the barn.

75d9d4abbb4ff8.gif

Yes, only 32 wasted plays for 50 yards. And 1 for 85.

Last edited:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
When I think of this game I think of all the freakish things that have happened in the game. From Hester picking up multiple 4th downs, Percy Harvin taking a tipped pass in for a TD, Tebow and phonegate, the punt fake against Urban that everyone saw coming except for Urban, Russel throwing deep passes on us repeatedly with just a flick of the wrist. That game has some bad juju with it. I expect this years game to have some level of fu(kery. Hopefully, it’ll favor the Gators

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
UF will take 38 points for the win Alex.

if we score 38, I am certain we win. Our defense won't allow 30, maybe not even more than 20.

Keep in mind that LSU gave up 409 yards passing to Texas. 409.

1449613622_03027395ImageFormula409AntibacterialAllPurposeCleaner.png
images

Texas QB Sam Ehlinger threw for 401 yards, 4 TD's, and 0 picks, and also rushed for 60 yards and another TD against them. TWO Texas WR's had 100-yard days against that secondary.

I smell a 500 yard day for Trask.

This would be Ox trolling. Trask is no Ehlinger - throwing OR running.

the punt fake against Urban that everyone saw coming except for Urban

It may have happened against Urban, I don't recall. The one against Mac is burned in my mind.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
When I think of this game I think of all the freakish things that have happened in the game. From Hester picking up multiple 4th downs, Percy Harvin taking a tipped pass in for a TD, Tebow and phonegate, the punt fake against Urban that everyone saw coming except for Urban, Russel throwing deep passes on us repeatedly with just a flick of the wrist. That game has some bad juju with it. I expect this years game to have some level of fu(kery. Hopefully, it’ll favor the Gators
How about that stupid bounce pass on the fake fg in 2010? 99 times out of a hundred the ball doesn't bounce perfectly like that.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
How about that stupid bounce pass on the fake fg in 2010? 99 times out of a hundred the ball doesn't bounce perfectly like that.
That was nearly cosmically unlikely. A no-look, over the head bounce pass 4-5 yards away with a football that had UF defenders within a couple yards of the receiver when he caught it. It needed to be an absolutely perfect bounce and it was. The laws of probability need to start evening out because they've cashed in a few life times of Karma the last decade against us.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This would be Ox trolling. Trask is no Ehlinger - throwing OR running.
The point was that this team can be passed on. Instead of ripping our QB, perhaps you should get on the train. He’s better than that dildo in Texas.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The point was that this team can be passed on. Instead of ripping our QB perhaps you should get on the train. He’s better than that dildo in Texas.

You back on the Trask Train now that we beat Auburn?
Fe7rTkv.gif

You stated the TX QB threw for 401y and ran for another 60y. I don't think Trask has run for 60y in his entire career, but let's check the tape, shall we?

upload_2019-10-10_18-23-42.png

For his career he has 22 rushing attempts for a grand total of -53y. So, if you wanna talk absolute values he is nearly at (-)60y, though I hope he starts gaining positive yards and stops taking sacks.

I love the kid. I'm grateful he stayed with us and is getting a chance to shine AND is doing very well thus far. I think we've got much better WR than TX has, and Kyle did pretty well against AUB....and LSU def isn't real impressive.

But you are on crack if you think Kyle is running for more than (+)20y net in this game. The coaches won't call runs unless they need to, and he's shown he won't choose to run on his own. Even against this defense. Have you seen our OL? It ain't happening with Kyle on the run.

Can Kyle get ~400y passing against LSU? Maybe. I have faith in him based on what he's done - knowing the LSU def is weak But I also know our OL isn't great. Looking at his stats THIS season, with THIS line, he's got a whopping 234y against AU, 188 (only?) against TOW, and 293 against TN. You want to tell me he's going to double his yards that he got against TOW? That an offense getting just over 225y against a tough AU, and got near 300y on a hapless TN....THAT offense is going for 400y or more on LSU? Maybe. I'd love to see it, but it's going to take a whole new level of performance we haven't seen from this team in order to achieve that.

Stop the fumbles and we've got a real good shot. Stop the fumbles.

= = = = =

I see Auburn plays at noon (on SECN, yeah buddy!). If they win, maybe the wife will let you watch the Gators Saturday night. I'll be pulling for you to be able to watch, you are my favorite admin after all. But, I expect you'll have a real bad weekend if AU loses @ARK and she's on a warpath. Or was that you that loved the wrong Orange&Blue?

:oxslap2:

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
Years back I was vacationing in the keys and we were on our way back from a night out on our hotel's tram. It was late (early) and I wasn't paying much attention to the guy in the row in front of me who was trying to make time with some girl, but out of nowhere I hear, "People call LSU the Harvard of the south!". I spit whatever I was drinking out everywhere as I belly laughed harder than I have in a long time. He and the girl turn back to me and my friends, and I can still barely contain my laughter and tears, but manage to get out that no one outside of Louisiana has ever made that comparison.

I think that my level of pure side splitting laughter didn't let him get too offended or confrontational and he simply turned red and said something to the effect that "some people say it anyway".

Almost as comical, years back, I interviewed at Harvard for medical school and one of my fellow applicants was from LSU. Unprompted, she brought up that if she were accepted, she'd have a really difficult decision to make between accepting the offer and staying at LSU for medical school.

Since then, I can't take anything, anyone from LSU says seriously.

Tulane is a pretty good school.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LSU has 5 INTS (1 per game)
UF has 12 INTS (2 per game)

LSU has 2 recovered fumbles (0.4 per game)
UF has 5. (0.83 per game)

LSU is 38th with 7 TFL per game
UF is 13th with 8.3 TFL per game

LSU is 37th with 2.6 sacks per game
UF is 5th with 4.33 sacks per game

LSU is 25th with a team passing efficiency defense rating of 114.09
UF is 9th with a team passing efficiency defense rating of 103.77

LSU is 29th in scoring defense giving up 19.8 pts per game
UF is 5th in scoring defense with just 9.5 pts per game

The best offense LSU faced (Texas), shredded them for 530 total yards. (more than Texas average)
Vandy put 374 on them ( more than their average)

UF gave up just 269 to Aub, a team that avg over 420 yards of offense
UF gave up 239 yards to UT, a team that avgs 353 yards.
UF gave up 301 yards to Miami, a team that avgs 449 yards.

The only team UF gave up more yardage than the opponent avg was UK, giving up right at 400 to them, though much of it came before Franks went out.

So basically UF beats LSU in almost every measurable defensive stat, and did so on a slightly tougher schedule.
LSU routinely gives up more than their opponents avg, while UF routinely holds opponents to well under their avg.

Assuming we are at full power with players, I am more confident in this game than I was against Aub.

We're gonna win.
Holy shyt I'm convinced. Game's in the bag.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy shyt I'm convinced. Game's in the bag.
:lol:

It's really going to depend on not giving up big plays on defense and not giving up turn overs on offense.

I think their defense won't be able to stop us as we will have too many options for them to cover. We just have to not stop ourselves.

Defensively, I think Burrow is good enough that we won't completely stop him....but we will show that he isn't the QB his stats up to now make him look.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You back on the Trask Train now that we beat Auburn?
Fe7rTkv.gif

You stated the TX QB threw for 401y and ran for another 60y. I don't think Trask has run for 60y in his entire career, but let's check the tape, shall we?

For his career he has 22 rushing attempts for a grand total of -53y. So, if you wanna talk absolute values he is nearly at (-)60y, though I hope he starts gaining positive yards and stops taking sacks.

I love the kid. I'm grateful he stayed with us and is getting a chance to shine AND is doing very well thus far. I think we've got much better WR than TX has, and Kyle did pretty well against AUB....and LSU def isn't real impressive.

But you are on crack if you think Kyle is running for more than (+)20y net in this game. The coaches won't call runs unless they need to, and he's shown he won't choose to run on his own. Even against this defense. Have you seen our OL? It ain't happening with Kyle on the run.

Can Kyle get ~400y passing against LSU? Maybe. I have faith in him based on what he's done - knowing the LSU def is weak But I also know our OL isn't great. Looking at his stats THIS season, with THIS line, he's got a whopping 234y against AU, 188 (only?) against TOW, and 293 against TN. You want to tell me he's going to double his yards that he got against TOW? That an offense getting just over 225y against a tough AU, and got near 300y on a hapless TN....THAT offense is going for 400y or more on LSU? Maybe. I'd love to see it, but it's going to take a whole new level of performance we haven't seen from this team in order to achieve that.

Stop the fumbles and we've got a real good shot. Stop the fumbles.

= = = = =

I see Auburn plays at noon (on SECN, yeah buddy!). If they win, maybe the wife will let you watch the Gators Saturday night. I'll be pulling for you to be able to watch, you are my favorite admin after all. But, I expect you'll have a real bad weekend if AU loses @ARK and she's on a warpath. Or was that you that loved the wrong Orange&Blue?

:oxslap2:
I can't believe you actually typed all that. I just skimmed it.

And what do you mean "back" on the Trask Train? I was on the damn train before Franks was even injured. In fact, you were one of the people giving me hell about it, giving me a "Drunk" in this thread.

Kyle Trask to start against Kentucky?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
75d9d4abbb4ff8.gif

Yes, only 32 wasted plays for 50 yards. And 1 for 85.
So, you're saying DM should've thrown it more? With Trask at QB? Just seeking clarification.

I'd say we moved the ball well enough through the air that it's hard to classify that game as "run heavy. " Also, several of those runs were while EJ was in. And yet, he also let EJ throw it, too.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I can't believe you actually typed all that. I just skimmed it.

Don't act like you can't play me like a fiddle. You know I'm this >.< close to running more stats on their pass defense and CDM's passing offenses. I'll do it. I swear I will. Don't make me turn this car around.

And what do you mean "back" on the Trask Train? I was on the damn train before Franks was even injured.

Oy, I thought the allegiance in your house shifted for the odd game against AU.

In fact, you were one of the people giving me hell about it, giving me a "Drunk" in this thread.

And you get another "Drunk" for this post. You look thirsty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.