Luke Del Rio

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Nothing. Del Rio knows the playbook and was better than Grier already last year per sources and good enough to run Grier away. Appleby is just the backup. Franks will redshirt and hopeful be ready in two years.

What about Trask? As much experience as he has, he should definitely be starting back up qb.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All we definitely know is that QB play will be 1000% better than Treon. The media is already in full fellatio mode on their knees in front of Butch and UcheaT. It will be sweet yet again to spoil their wet dreams.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Check this out and tell me what you see.

@AAppleby12: The QB crew! Great group of guys gonna do big things this year! #QBs #GatorNation

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope they can throw because it doesn't look like they can bust a move at all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im hoping delrio is the man. It would be nice to go into jerrywold against Michigan with a proven starter.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am confused as to why everybody thinks Appleby is so great... he is a graduate transfer from Purdue who can make throws, but also made a lot of bad decisions. If the kid was that great he would be going to the NFL... not another year of college.

What am I missing here?

HE PLAYED AT PURDUE!!!!

He had nothing to throw to and he was playing against Ohio ST, Michigan, Michigan State.

He was an Elite 11 QB who made the wrong decision on which college to play for.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lack of diversity.?.?. :D
What are you talking about? We are an equal opportunity university. Franks is Welsh American, Trask is Norwegian American, Appleby is Italian American, and Del Rio is Colombian American. You can't get more diverse than that! Hell, we had an African American at QB last year. Man you're barking up the wrong tree here fella...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HE PLAYED AT PURDUE!!!!

He had nothing to throw to and he was playing against Ohio ST, Michigan, Michigan State.

He was an Elite 11 QB who made the wrong decision on which college to play for.

Yeah, but if he was that good, he would still be able to go to the combine and get drafted vs. going to UF to possibly start... very few great players do graduate transfer. Russell Wilson is the only one I can think of.

My big issue with him are his INT numbers. His TD to INT rate is not good at all (19/19)... That is horrible

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but if he was that good, he would still be able to go to the combine and get drafted vs. going to UF to possibly start... very few great players do graduate transfer. Russell Wilson is the only one I can think of.

Troy Aikman (OU to UCLA), Jeff Hosteller (Penn State to WVU), Joe Flacco (Pit to Delware?), Jeff George (Purdue, Miami, to Illinois),

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Troy Aikman (OU to UCLA), Jeff Hosteller (Penn State to WVU), Joe Flacco (Pit to Delware?), Jeff George (Purdue, Miami, to Illinois),

None of those were graduate transfers to my knowledge. Aikman transferred because Jerome Brown broke his leg during a game and OU went to the wishbone.

A graduate transfer has used his 4 years of eligibility and gets awarded a 5th year because they graduated. None of your examples did that to my knowledge.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of those were graduate transfers to my knowledge. Aikman transferred because Jerome Brown broke his leg during a game and OU went to the wishbone.

A graduate transfer has used his 4 years of eligibility and gets awarded a 5th year because they graduated. None of your examples did that to my knowledge.

Well technically, I don't think they've used 4 years of eligibility. That would mean they have used up all their eligibility.

I think it's safe to assume most graduate transfers were previously redshirted. Which means upon graduation (after 4 years of college) they are rewarded by being allowed to spend their last year of eligibility at a destination of their choosing. Good for them. They should be.

BTW, Michigan's graduate transfer QB made our vaunted defensive backfield, which boosted a 1st round draft pick, look absolutely silly as he picked them apart all day long. How many yards did that worthless graduate transfer throw against us anyway? Oh look, he just completed another pass for TD over VHIII's head.

Not saying Appleby is going to be all world. But I'm hoping he'll be a pleasant surprise. For better or worse, it looks like he and LDR will be our #1 and #2 QB's next year. I hope both are capable of being SEC starting QB's... time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator