Luke Del Rio

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing a lot of people saying that we'll have Luke Del Rio for next year and then hope Trask or Franks is ready to go. Well the UF roster shows him as a R-Jr for next year. So hopefully he works out, and if he does, stay for 2 years. Then Franks and Trask will have 2 years in the program and Jake Allen will have a year in the program. So, not as dire as many have thought, but we still don't know that Del Rio will be worth a damn.

BTW, Callaway was a 4*

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Seeing a lot of people saying that we'll have Luke Del Rio for next year and then hope Trask or Franks is ready to go. Well the UF roster shows him as a R-Jr for next year. So hopefully he works out, and if he does, stay for 2 years. Then Franks and Trask will have 2 years in the program and Jake Allen will have a year in the program. So, not as dire as many have thought, but we still don't know that Del Rio will be worth a damn.

BTW, Callaway was a 4*
3-star and one or two services said 4.http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/2...ay-commits-florida-miami-national-signing-day

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Damn I thought for sure this was going to say "Luke Del Rio transfers again....j/k
We've got good numbers at QB and some decently rated guys also....no way anyone should be complaining about this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Goon has a hardon for Appleby :lol2: Personally I have a good feeling bout Rio; a lot of inside sources were pretty high on him and apparently the staff tried very hard to get him approved for immediate playing time; same sources said it wasn't simply to have another body but b/c the staff felt he'd be the clear cut starter if approved.

Time will tell...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard from people that Del Rio looked great and has been practicing like crazy. We won't know until the spring, but if he is 1/2 as good as some of his hype he will be 4 times as good as Treon!

I also wonder if Grier transferred because he didn't feel confident he could beat out Del Rio mid-way through the season. He didn't want to end up sitting behind a guy he knew would play as good or better than him. There is no way if we were 6-0 and Del Rio was playing good that Grier got his job back. I can't imagine he was worried about Treon... so that is my theory.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard from people that Del Rio looked great and has been practicing like crazy. We won't know until the spring, but if he is 1/2 as good as some of his hype he will be 4 times as good as Treon!

I also wonder if Grier transferred because he didn't feel confident he could beat out Del Rio mid-way through the season. He didn't want to end up sitting behind a guy he knew would play as good or better than him. There is no way if we were 6-0 and Del Rio was playing good that Grier got his job back. I can't imagine he was worried about Treon... so that is my theory.
Not only that, but Del Rio actually has two years of eligibility per the Gators website. So if Del Rio were to get us to the SEC Championship game and perform well, he would be the starter the following season. There is a lot of smoke about Del Rio for some of it not to at least be true. We'll find out in the fall.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Del Rio will get the nod in the first game but I think Appleby will get the most playing time next year, based on experience. He is the bigger of the two and he can make all the throws.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since the outcome of this season will be determined by how good the QB play is, I hope Del Rio is the real deal.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Del Rio will get the nod in the first game but I think Appleby will get the most playing time next year, based on experience. He is the bigger of the two and he can make all the throws.

I am confused as to why everybody thinks Appleby is so great... he is a graduate transfer from Purdue who can make throws, but also made a lot of bad decisions. If the kid was that great he would be going to the NFL... not another year of college.

What am I missing here?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am confused as to why everybody thinks Appleby is so great... he is a graduate transfer from Purdue who can make throws, but also made a lot of bad decisions. If the kid was that great he would be going to the NFL... not another year of college.

What am I missing here?
Nothing. Del Rio knows the playbook and was better than Grier already last year per sources and good enough to run Grier away. Appleby is just the backup. Franks will redshirt and hopeful be ready in two years.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing. Del Rio knows the playbook and was better than Grier already last year per sources and good enough to run Grier away. Appleby is just the backup. Franks will redshirt and hopeful be ready in two years.
Or Allen after a RS year

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Think how excited he has to be for the opportunity after all the shuffling around he's done. Hey, Luke, don't screw this up, ya' hear?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
we still don't know that Del Rio will be worth a damn.

He can't be any worse that what we had the last half of the season. I'm ready to see this kid play.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

That's a good point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.