Lurkers - Here's what you are missing!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some ppl just aren't cut out for msg boards. Pretty clear who some of them are in this thread.

I reject this paring knife swipe. Plenty of GatChat-worthy participants have 'grown' in the "Heart" of their brain an autopilot-civility. That intuitive decency makes coming to a meeting-of-the-minds place where each is called vile names (out of the blue) ... well, their mind's spirit just cannot understand. So such verbal jolts turns them away. No, not because they are snowflakes wanting opposers not to be that way,. What their brain cannot understand is their returning to that unpleasant, insulting brawlroom. I bet too many do not return. That's poor coaching for the best sports board on the net.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what that means.

Dear-God-Its-Beautiful-Zoolander-Mugatu.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I reject this paring knife swipe. Plenty of GatChat-worthy participants have 'grown' in the "Heart" of their brain an autopilot-civility. That intuitive decency makes coming to a meeting-of-the-minds place where each is called vile names (out of the blue) ... well, their mind's spirit just cannot understand. So such verbal jolts turns them away. No, not because they are snowflakes wanting opposers not to be that way,. What their brain cannot understand is their returning to that unpleasant, insulting brawlroom. I bet too many do not return. That's poor coaching for the best sports board on the net.
There's probably some truth to this....."softer" people cannot handle the GCMB, just like they couldn't handle the GSMB before we existed. Nothing wrong with that, this board isn't for everyone. However, I'd much rather it be the way it is now than a board when everyone has to be nice to each other all the time. Where is the entertainment in that?

That's surely one reason why we have quadruple the amount of daily lurkers than posters. They absolutely love to read the battles, but have no intention of getting down and dirty themselves.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Taking one look into the political forum is enough to keep most sane, rational, educated folk off this board and far far away.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As it turns out, most of the lurkers already tried to sign up. Their applications have been under review by the administration for a few years.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Got tired of lurking and decided to finally log back in again. Mainly so I could see what's being said in the chatbox... perhaps to get a little dirty in the battles, Who knows. Regardless, it's good to be back in an official capacity

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Got tired of lurking and decided to finally log back in again. Mainly so I could see what's being said in the chatbox... perhaps to get a little dirty in the battles, Who knows. Regardless, it's good to be back in an official capacity

We always need a new perspective.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if you're not a big butt sky scrapper with nimble feet, Law is all about driving the bus over you:grin:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have no idea what that means.
It is outstanding prose sorta 21st century Twain. I will explain it.
I reject this paring knife swipe. Durty said some are not cut out for this place Plenty of GatChat-worthy participants have 'grown' in the "Heart" of their brain an autopilot-civility. lots of chat folks have learned to be civil through some maturity or growth if you will That intuitive decency makes coming to a meeting-of-the-minds place where each is called vile names (out of the blue) ... well, their mind's spirit just cannot understand.Unwarranted and profane attacks that continue are confusing as well as tiring So such verbal jolts turns them away. No, not because they are snowflakes wanting opposers not to be that way,. What their brain cannot understand is their returning to that unpleasant, insulting brawlroom. it just aint worth to some folks to be in a pizzing contest each time they visit cause I bet too many do not return. That's poor coaching for the best sports board on the net. He ties coaching (that we hear about 24/7) to the lack of collegiality in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.