Recruiting Mac already meeting Recruits (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n139308 said:
Wasn't he the one sitting in a car that got shot at? How does that make him a thug?
;
he got shot in the face, just 50 cent . It was a joke man

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
These kids are attention whores who will say anything and that's why you have to be crazy to follow them too closely. I don't give these punks a second thought until they sign on the dotted line.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Used to be a kid proudly announced "his" school of choice (longtime favorite). Now, it's like a Kardashian string-along.
There ought to be playing stripper's music in the background and ask them to slink & girate.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n139562 said:
Used to be a kid proudly announced "his" school of choice (longtime favorite). Now, it's like a Kardashian string-along.
There ought to be playing stripper's music in the background and ask them to slink & girate.

I'd be down for that.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n139301 said:
You are. I'd be surprised if he didn't commit. He and Cowart knew Champ was out. They want to spend some time with the DC to make sure it's all a great fit.

I hope you are right.. I just have a bad feeling. I'm probably just being pessemistic, but why tell everybody to follow recruits when you haven't committed yourself?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This could help with Francois if true.

@tomdangelo44: #FSU has been told it's on list of schools Ohio State QB Braxton Miller is interested in playing for next year.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n139583 said:
I'd be down for that.

Your either not getting any sleep or you wanna see teenage boys gyrate.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139374 said:
These kids are attention whores who will say anything and that's why you have to be crazy to follow them too closely. I don't give these punks a second thought until they sign on the dotted line.

I'm paying a little more attention to recruiting this year than normal for obvious reasons. This class is currently so significantly bad, everyone in Gator Nation should be concerned. We are dead ass last in the SEC, that has to change between now and signing day.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
CeCe was all Gator until Muschamp got shown the door. I know some of you won't want to hear that but its the truth. Him and Champ were so close that when he got injured Cece's dad called Champ and they took him to the team doctor. So Champ being fired along with Ole Miss also dropping the bag I think we might miss on him.

Cowart on the other hand says coaches are all the same. Which to a degree is very true. I think Cowart comes, along with Ivey. Hopefully Ivey commits Saturday and we get this thing rolling. I like what Mac is doing. Guys that were never considered popping up all over the place.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n139670 said:
This could help with Francois if true.

@tomdangelo44: #FSU has been told it's on list of schools Ohio State QB Braxton Miller is interested in playing for next year.

I hope Francois gets wind of this. FSU has 3 QB commitments in their current class and now are possibly getting Braxton Miller, that's in addition to the 4 dudes they have on the roster behind Winston. That's 8 QB's! Francois won't like this. Williston, tweet it to him! ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n139709 said:
CeCe was all Gator until Muschamp got shown the door.
Good point. I noticed he committed to Chimp early.... or did he?

I also don't care unless he can play Tackle, Guard, or Center. Chasing recruiting stars instead of filling our needs is one of the plethora of reasons that got that Dawg idiot fired.

I'm not even sold on him as a player. 6'2" 250. Too small to play DL and too slow to play backer. We've had too many of those tweeners that didn't produce.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Honest to God I knew somebody would take the bait on the Muschamp angle. I didn't come here to argue about him. That ship has sailed. I'm just giving you a slightly closer look at the mindsets of these guys. I'm not sold on Jefferson either and honestly to be quite candid I don't think he wants to compete with Cowart. Just my opinion.

I hope we land all these guys because we need all the commits we can get just for depth. I know Law doesn't care unless its a lineman, but I just can't disregard 5 stars at any position.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n139724 said:
Good point. I noticed he committed to Chimp early.... or did he?

I also don't care unless he can play Tackle, Guard, or Center. Chasing recruiting stars instead of filling our needs is one of the plethora of reasons that got that Dawg idiot fired.

I'm not even sold on him as a player. 6'2" 250. Too small to play DL and too slow to play backer. We've had too many of those tweeners that didn't produce.

There is plenty of room for all of them. Everyone wants o-linemen, and that's the one thing we've sort of held on to with 3 of our 8 commits being o-linemen. Now comes the big fish, Martez Ivey. We land that stud we've got a 3-4 year starter/contributor. Throw in Pellage and possibly another and that's 5-6 o-linemen. Hell, sign 5 more if you want, but there's still no reason to not want guys like Cowart, Jefferson, Scarlett, Davis etc because they're not o-linemen.

That sort of closed-mindedness is very reminiscent of, dare I say, Will Muschamp thinking. Who thinks that way? Forget about signing that 5-star stud DE, he's not an on-lineman and we need o-linemen? Get rid of that loser, Muschamp mentality, Law, we need everyone, at every position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brother, I'm not saying disregard him, obviously it will be great if he lands. I'm just saying he isn't a concern to me because DEs is one of our least positions of need.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
601Gator;139730 said:
Honest to God I knew somebody would take the bait on the Muschamp angle. I didn't come here to argue about him. That ship has sailed. I'm just giving you a slightly closer look at the mindsets of these guys. I'm not sold on Jefferson either and honestly to be quite candid I don't think he wants to compete with Cowart. Just my opinion. I hope we land all these guys because we need all the commits we can get just for depth. I know Law doesn't care unless its a lineman, but I just can't disregard 5 stars at any position.
Lol, CeCe and Cowart would not compete. You do know DE is similar to an OT, right? Some excel at RT, others as LT. Same situation here buddy. One more example: Did Alvin Bailey get scared off by Fulwood?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MistaAlderman: Five star OT Martez Ivey just confirmed to me he won't announce at the Army Bowl any longer

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n139747 said:
Brother, I'm not saying disregard him, obviously it will be great if he lands. I'm just saying he isn't a concern to me because DEs is one of our least positions of need.

Having another possible Dante Fowler type is a big deal for us, in addition to landing a whole bunch of o-linemen. For me, I'd take Cowart over Jefferson because he looks like an absolute can't-miss at DE right now. He's making other HS All-Americans look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.