Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He may have easier academics there, but I can't really fault the kid for picking Arky. They have an established rushing attack, so he'll get looks from the NFL compared to what he's seen here the past couple of years.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Amazing how Arky can come into Florida and pick up a top offensive lineman when UF so desperately needs them. Still waiting for someone to committ to us. Anybody. Another strikeout. It's been a long dry spell.

:fingertap:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorTAG;n148720 said:
Amazing how Arky can come into Florida and pick up a top offensive lineman when UF so desperately needs them. Still waiting for someone to committ to us. Anybody. It's been a long dry spell.

Muschamp has screwed this program big time and until we start winning games it's going to be hard to get anyone. Hopefully Mac can pull some $hit out his sleeve in the next few weeks and start landing some players.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator98MD;n148723 said:
Yeah we're sucking donkey balls on the recruiting trail
It's the worst I've seen in my 32 years on this planet. We need a big time recruit like Ivey, Cowart, Jefferson, or Holland to commit so we can get some momentum going but neither is willing to jump on board.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our best shot of getting someone during the dead period was at the all-star games. Since that didn't happen, we can't expect much until dead period is over. Patience is needed, but I'm with all of you, can't wait for a commit to get this going.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well I guess the thought of going to a school that has potential for competing for national championships scares him. Oh well, gatorbait!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Take it for what it's worth but this Ryan guy (@ClutchlikeMJ) on Twitter is saying the 23rd will be a big day. Dont know if I buy it

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
alcoholica;n148728 said:
Our best shot of getting someone during the dead period was at the all-star games. Since that didn't happen, we can't expect much until dead period is over. Patience is needed, but I'm with all of you, can't wait for a commit to get this going.

Well Arky and many other teams are getting commits during the Dead Period. Nothing against you but I'm tired of hearing that excuse. The only team having a "Dead" period is UF.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n148719 said:
He may have easier academics there, but I can't really fault the kid for picking Arky. They have an established rushing attack, so he'll get looks from the NFL compared to what he's seen here the past couple of years.

Your point is valid. Maybe UF's academic requirements were a barrier to entry while Arkansas asks for lower IQs, er, I mean GPAs for entry. If he's stupid, no need to have him commit only to have him take a year in the JUCO level and be of no use to us

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
GatorTAG;n148720 said:
Amazing how Arky can come into Florida and pick up a top offensive lineman when UF so desperately needs them. Still waiting for someone to committ to us. Anybody. Another strikeout. It's been a long dry spell.

Are you referring to Gator recruiting or your sex life?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n148738 said:
Well Arky and many other teams are getting commits during the Dead Period. Nothing against you but I'm tired of hearing that excuse. The only team having a "Dead" period is UF.

He's a bit different than our other positions because he had a relationship with Summers already, and probably met McElwain before the dead period. Still, he was going to be a tough get even when Muschamp was here. I really have no issues with OLinemen going to Arky over anyone. They are going to be given the opportunity to road grade for their 4 years of PT. I feel your frustration, but I'm waiting until next Monday to see how this first weekend of officials goes.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n148740 said:
Your point is valid. Maybe UF's academic requirements were a barrier to entry while Arkansas asks for lower IQs, er, I mean GPAs for entry. If he's stupid, no need to have him commit only to have him take a year in the JUCO level and be of no use to us
C'mon, Corrine, no need to trash the kid's intelligence. Try to keep up. The player is an early enrollee and has already been cleared by the NCAA.
All the problems we are having with this year's recruiting class are 100% on Mr. Jeremy Foley. JMac is doing his dead-level best and will turn a few, but recruiting is about long-term relationships and trust for these kids (and their parents), and we don't have any. It's just the way it is.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
LagoonGator68;n148753 said:
C'mon, Corrine, no need to trash the kid's intelligence. Try to keep up. The player is an early enrollee and has already been cleared by the NCAA.
All the problems we are having with this year's recruiting class are 100% on Mr. Jeremy Foley. JMac is doing his dead-level best and will turn a few, but recruiting is about long-term relationships and trust for these kids (and their parents), and we don't have any. It's just the way it is.

Although I agree 100% with that I'm going to be interested in seeing how Harbaugh's recruiting class comes out. They are in the same position as us with low numbers and no relationships being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator