Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting in on JUCOs at the last minute can be very problematic as the State of Florida has more strenuous admission requirements than many states, which is okay, but must be planned for in advance.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n145482 said:
They just said on the radio that Kalif Jackson (6'-5" 200lb 3*wr) also enrolled early.

That's good news - big receiver, ala Fullwood.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
alcoholica;n145622 said:
If he's not smart enough to be pissed at Muschamp for not offering while at UF, he may not pass admissions at UF.
Oh I agree. I just shared that to show that all of the "Wish them luck" crap can rot in hell. It is a blatant attempt to interfere with our recruiting. It also shows you that they need help to evaluate talent and if there was such a thing in their contracts that said they could not go after our recruits they should not receive another dime.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n145416 said:
(1) The staff was literally just announced yesterday. I would hardly blame those de-commitments on the brand new staff. That makes zero sense.

(2) Why is hard to understand why we didn't have a surge in recruiting as soon as Muschamp was fired? That point of view can only be seen through orange and blue lenses. Why in the world would the kids be inclined to immediately commit based solely upon a firing of one coach and staff (esp since that staff was who they had relationships with) and with no knowledge of who their position coach is going to be, what the next staff will look like, what their scheme and coaching philosophies are, etc. ?.?.?.

Some of you seem to think Florida is the only program who has endured a few bad years and a coaching change. Many teams have endured that, and the example I use is Tennessee, who has had several Muschamp-type fiascos in their recent past, yet they NEVER hung around in the 90-somethings on the rankings this late in the game.

It can be overcome, we have time, but some of you are burying your head in the sand. We need a major turnaround and quickly. I blame Muschamp basically quitting in terms of recruiting months before he was officially a goner.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n145635 said:
That's not why your butthole hurts...

I have never been around Winston

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n145630 said:
Oh I agree. I just shared that to show that all of the "Wish them luck" crap can rot in hell. It is a blatant attempt to interfere with our recruiting. It also shows you that they need help to evaluate talent and if there was such a thing in their contracts that said they could not go after our recruits they should not receive another dime.

yeah, it was a great find. really a slap in the face to the kid.

Dec 10, 2014
The Original DC;n145638 said:
Some of you seem to think Florida is the only program who has endured a few bad years and a coaching change. Many teams have endured that, and the example I use is Tennessee, who has had several Muschamp-type fiascos in their recent past, yet they NEVER hung around in the 90-somethings on the rankings this late in the game.

It can be overcome, we have time, but some of you are burying your head in the sand. We need a major turnaround and quickly. I blame Muschamp basically quitting in terms of recruiting months before he was officially a goner.

This.

There was another thread about whether the commits taking their time was good. There's no way it was good. If these guys were sold on us, they'd commit now to influence others. I don't think some Gator fans realize how bad this class is probably going to be. I also don't think they understand that's going to take more than one recruiting class to compensate for. The post about the sources saying we are flipping players from FSU and UM and have all these other players locked in is wishful thinking. I think NSD is in a month. We are going to be lucky (as I think somebody else pointed out) to get to 18 signings. I don't think think this class has a lot of hope unless you start getting people committing in the next week.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n145638 said:

And in the evidence you presented do you know what the rating was two recruiting weeks after those coaches were announced. If this was February I would be more concerned, but until we get to NSD then we do not truly know the impact. One side is sky is fall, the other is it will be a great class. Like most things the truth is probably somewhere in between. I'm not expecting a great class, too much short term damage has been done. On NSD we will have a real feel of where we stand.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n145647 said:
This.

There was another thread about whether the commits taking their time was good. There's no way it was good. If these guys were sold on us, they'd commit now to influence others. I don't think some Gator fans realize how bad this class is probably going to be. I also don't think they understand that's going to take more than one recruiting class to compensate for. The post about the sources saying we are flipping players from FSU and UM and have all these other players locked in is wishful thinking. I think NSD is in a month. We are going to be lucky (as I think somebody else pointed out) to get to 18 signings. I don't think think this class has a lot of hope unless you start getting people committing in the next week.
If CeCe commits in the next two weeks I will trust his post. If he waits until NSD like he said he was going to do, I do not like our chances at a good class and that poster was either lying or lied to.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n145725 said:
So WTF does that mean? You need a decoder ring to understand these idiot teens these days.

It is Cowart telling Auburn fans that make picture edits that Chucky is a UF thing and if you want to edit a picture of him leave Chucky out of it for respect for UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n145727 said:
It is Cowart telling Auburn fans that make picture edits that Chucky is a UF thing and if you want to edit a picture of him leave Chucky out of it for respect for UF.
:rolleyes:

English is our friend. It's a shame it's no longer taught.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n145727 said:

I thought it was pretty good of him to say that. He also tweeted "I Respect The Tradition #Respect"

From what I understand, someone he looks up to and seeks counsel from is Dante Fowler, Jr. who is the current holder of the UF Chucky doll and it's been mentioned that Cowart would love to play the same role as Fowler did at UF - as a roving LB/DE hybrid.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cowart likes to walk around with a Chucky doll like Easley used to, and Fowler has. Auburn has been sending things to Cowart with the Chucky doll on it. Cowart must see this as a Gator tradition because he just tweeted that Auburn and their fans shouldn't send him anything else with Chucky on it. Keep Chucky in the family!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That can only be a good sign..........................if it's any indication at all.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n145653 said:
And in the evidence you presented do you know what the rating was two recruiting weeks after those coaches were announced. If this was February I would be more concerned, but until we get to NSD then we do not truly know the impact. One side is sky is fall, the other is it will be a great class. Like most things the truth is probably somewhere in between. I'm not expecting a great class, too much short term damage has been done. On NSD we will have a real feel of where we stand.

Okay, so I wont start worrying until February. Got it. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member