Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
williston_gator;n146767 said:
Very interesting 4* prospect. 6'-2" 247lbs. Listed as WR, RB, Safety, Athlete.
@ZachAbolverdi: #ArizonaState commit @jaason_lewis say he will officially visit #UF on Jan. 16. #Gators #SunDevils
I wonder if McElwain was recruiting him to CSU?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My only concern is this was reported by Zach. I guess this means he's not visiting

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;146849 said:
I wonder if McElwain was recruiting him to CSU?

6'4, 245lb 4 star running back. That's a big ass running back.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It's really looking like this staff is doing everything it can to hit a home run on signing day. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up ranked in the top 10 when its all over.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n146846 said:
Has Cowart not seen the atrocious product we've trotted out the past few years? I expect him to easily beat out whoever we have.
Well to be fair our Dline has been far from the problem with this team. But losing Fowler and Willis for sure would make him a front runner for a starting or primary rotation player.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n146956 said:
6'4, 245lb 4 star running back. That's a big ass running back.
No doubt. Todd Gurly is listed at 6'1" 231lbs. Wasn't that long ago that those specs were pretty good for a lineman coming out of high school.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n146869 said:
My only concern is this was reported by Zach. I guess this means he's not visiting

My guess is he's early enrolled and is not debunking Zach's tweet only because of poor reception within the ASU classroom.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Jaason Lewis is visiting is a signal that CeCe may already be in the fold. His twitter had an impromptu pic taken and he had his gator ski cap on.

I think Cowart's mother will approve of UF and he commits to us.

We have a shot at Holland, but in the end I think he'll be Muschamp's Buck at Auburn. Question is....who do we get at LB? I think we'll be filling up on 2nd tier guys to get us through to the next cycle. Not necessarily a bad thing. Stamper was a 3rd tier guy who played solid.

I think the retention of Summers helps us with Ivie.

Skill players are way up in the air. If rumors turn out to be true, we could end up with a beast of a class.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n147024 said:
The fact that Jaason Lewis is visiting is a signal that CeCe may already be in the fold. His twitter had an impromptu pic taken and he had his gator ski cap on.

I think Cowart's mother will approve of UF and he commits to us.

We have a shot at Holland, but in the end I think he'll be Muschamp's Buck at Auburn. Question is....who do we get at LB? I think we'll be filling up on 2nd tier guys to get us through to the next cycle. Not necessarily a bad thing. Stamper was a 3rd tier guy who played solid.

I think the retention of Summers helps us with Ivie.

Skill players are way up in the air. If rumors turn out to be true, we could end up with a beast of a class.
Best to probably temper expectations a bit being a transitional class...they never turn out that good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n147028 said:
Best to probably temper expectations a bit being a transitional class...they never turn out that good.
No! :moon:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n147028 said:

Unless you were Kiffin at USC a couple years back.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n147028 said:

The difference is that Muschamp was not recruiting these kids that wanted to go to UF, or he was recruiting them for other positions. Look at the UM RB's or Auden Tate. Hell, Jackson who is already enrolled was shocked that he was now going to play WR. You may see Cyanti Lewis switch to WR also (he RS this year). There is plenty of opportunity for skill players to earn PT and the defensive guys get to plug into a defense with a lot of talent but some depth issues. On top of all of that, McElwain has a great staff and everyone is anticipating that UF will be contending in the next 2 to 3 years. Most of these guys are Florida kids he's recruiting. So why shouldn't we have a better chance of landing kids. They won't all be 5* kids, but there are some really talented 3* kids in the state that could contribute quickly.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be shocked if we have a really strong class... Top 10 would be amazing. I'm hoping we can get a top 20 class this year. We only have a few commits right now and nobody knows if any of these other guys are coming. We are all hoping, but until they commit and sign the paper there is no telling what is going to happen.

This is either going to be McElwain pulling off a good to amazing class or not being able to recover from Muschamp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator