Man I thought I was a glass half empty Gator....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
#7 and lost to 2 top rivals.

We are Jim Donna Dwags without the recruiting, check.

Which is a step up from Butterdom.

It’s a process. You’ve very thoroughly critiqued the craptastic FAU recruiting and the downgrade of our brand under him. How long should it take to fix that?

We aren’t there yet. I completely agree. But we are much much closer than we were. The last step is the highest/hardest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is a step up from Butterdom.

It’s a process. You’ve very thoroughly critiqued the craptastic FAU recruiting and the downgrade of our brand under him. How long should it take to fix that?
One class with competent recruiters.

The first class should have been a giant snowball that started it rolling. It didn't happen and likely never will. He blew it with piles of shyt hires.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
One class with competent recruiters.

The first class should have been a giant snowball that started it rolling. It didn't happen and likely never will. He blew it with piles of shyt hires.

Funny how 2 years ago it looked impossible that we would ever catch Alabama. They get their pick of recruits, have hundreds more assistants, incredible facilities, a legendary coach who has the best system for player and organizational development. All we had was a buttery 3* roster and a guy who couldn’t beat ranked teams and never threw the ball. (Or so you said.)

Yet today we are ranked above them - and for good reason.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how 2 years ago it looked impossible that we would ever catch Alabama. They get their pick of recruits, have hundreds more assistants, incredible facilities, a legendary coach who has the best system for player and organizational development. All we had was a buttery 3* roster and a guy who couldn’t beat ranked teams and never threw the ball. (Or so you said.)

Yet today we are ranked above them - and for good reason.
The turnover on Saban’s staff has finally started to take its toll. He’s always struggled against good passing attacks, but now he’s getting exposed in areas that you just didn’t see before. Penalties, special teams and just flat out getting out coached.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Has Saban Peaked? Maybe maybe not but what I do know is the SEC seems to need a shake up in divisions and game rotation to keep players playing all the schools in the conference

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Has Saban Peaked? Maybe maybe not but what I do know is the SEC seems to need a shake up in divisions and game rotation to keep players playing all the schools in the conference

I think we’re a lot closer to seeing parity among the top 5 SEC teams: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, and LSU.

Bama has a noticeable drop off, bringing them back to the pack, LSU will revert back after Burrow is gone, Auburn continues to walk the line between good and very good, Georgia is losing skill players that have propped them up in the past couple of years, and crootin’ on the lines for Florida is making up some ground, along with finally getting the QB room shored up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crootin’ on the lines for Florida is making up some ground,.

Can I have your smoking... The last four years looks like this... we are so short at DT, URG is looking down out our depth at the position.

Got three DT recruits currently (2020 Class)
6'6" 276 lbs
6'2" 250 lbs
6'4" 300 lbs

so only one that isn't too light in the ass to help us out next year.

2019 (1 DT):
6'5" 300 lbs

2018 (0 DT)

2017 (2 DT)
6'5" 305
6'4" 305

2016 (0 DT)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Truth.

Also, this year seemed to be more exciting than year past (2010 on). According to OP, one frustrating loss to UGa kept us from the SECC and playoffs.

Fact: We are 60th in offense.
Fact: 40th in third down stops
Fact: Special Teams are ****
Fact: We have the worst running game (by far) on record.
Fact: We played 2 good teams and got our asses handed to us.
Fact: Sixth in recruiting in the SEC will not lead us to the promised land.

Yes..we are 10-2.

See above.

We are a mediocre team in the top level of the second tier in SEC. Nothing more and exactly what Miss St was under Mullen.

Does that mean it HAS to stay that way? No.

1) Recruit in the to 5.
2) Revamp special teams with a new coach.
3) Find out the root cause of the most pathetic run blocking in the history of the program, and FIX IT.
4) We lose 4 senior WRS that were all major contributors to this years success ... see the importance of #3.
5) Fix 3rd/4th and Graham.

Personally, I like Mullen. I think he buys in and is a much better coach than the previous two. He adapted phenomenally well to the lack of run ability and coached up the QB. Pretty amazing job.

But let's not make these past two years into something they are not. We had a SR laden OL last year and a Sr laden WR core this year.

Is it moving in the right direction? Incrementally? Yes. ETA ... 3-5 more years IF 1-5 above are addressed.

That's not acceptable to some of us.
We didn’t get our asses handed to us in either loss. Wtf are you smoking?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Can I have your smoking... The last four years looks like this... we are so short at DT, URG is looking down out our depth at the position.

Got three DT recruits currently (2020 Class)
6'6" 276 lbs
6'2" 250 lbs
6'4" 300 lbs

so only one that isn't too light in the ass to help us out next year.

2019 (1 DT):
6'5" 300 lbs

2018 (0 DT)

2017 (2 DT)
6'5" 305
6'4" 305

2016 (0 DT)

I have seen Dexter play a few times this year. He’s huge but in a rangy sort of way. I see him at SDE in a 3-/4 or even a 4/4, or the quick DT in a 4/4. He’d help our size issues there but he’s really not a NG body.

We really do need more of the thick guys that demand double teams in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.