Man I thought I was a glass half empty Gator....

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never expected my post to get so much attention, I feel special lol. To give you a bit more interesting food for thought, I'll pass on another personal tidbit. I have 7 children, ranging from 18 to 4. Yes they are all mine, yes from the same woman, and yes I know what causes them :)

My best friend is also super Catholic. They had to stop at 5 because her uterus fell out.

Actually, they were all C-section. Surgeons said had no other way of slicing her open after 5.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
So I post here very rarely but I lurk fairly often on this site and a couple others. I’m generally a bit of a glass half empty type Gator, but I’m literally angered at the negativity by some on this board. I could list names and posts but it would take a long time and it wouldn’t change anyone’s opinion anyway. I do have to almost wonder if there is a backstory behind Swamp Donkey that I don’t know. Some of his posts are just so egregiously wrong and negative it’s sort of beyond the pale.

I guess I’m just confused and frustrated. We all want the recruiting to pick up, but you’d think we are recruiting in the 20s and winning 6 games. We literally were one frustrating game against UGA away from Atlanta with a decent shot at the SEC and the playoffs. Facilities yes we want them yesterday, but they are coming and they will be nice. Recruiting yes it isn’t top 3 but it will be top 10 and I think Dan knows based on past experience what talent is needed to get there. There was literally NO coach available that was going to come that would have done ANY better than Mullen.

I will freely admit I wanted Kelly first and Frost both over Mullen. And I was a bit disappointed when we got Dan. But I was wrong! I mean crap I truly think there are some people on this board and one of the other boards that are happier when we suck so they can be proven right. The reason I’m posting is not to change minds because I doubt I will change anyone’s mind. But my guess is there are others like me who would like to contribute more but are just beat down by the overwhelming negativity.

I’m very happy where we are at. And yes I scratch my head when we don’t have our pick of the crop of FL kids right now , but I also believe that we realistically have the best coach we could have and that it will continue to slowly get better with a staff tweak here and there, facilities, continued high performance, great fan base support etc.

Anyway thanks for listening and Go Gators

You are right on many counts. Welcome to the board and prepare to be skewered by the toxic few. Cheers and Christmas greetings from a Lutheran Gator!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
True story. I'm a Lt stationed in AL, I'm at the gym during lunch time. My wife tracks me down at the gym to come tell me she's pregnant with our first. Guys in the gym start cheering. I decide to try out my humor. I say "Hang on guys let's make sure it's mine first"

It seemed funny at the time................................
I'm surprised you got laid again... ever.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
What the hell is this? Has Ox been taken hostage by the .........?

If you ever want to get on ox's good side just bring him a zima and a homeless cat.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I guess I’m just confused and frustrated. We all want the recruiting to pick up, but you’d think we are recruiting in the 20s and winning 6 games. We literally were one frustrating game against UGA away from Atlanta with a decent shot at the SEC and the playoffs. Facilities yes we want them yesterday, but they are coming and they will be nice. Recruiting yes it isn’t top 3 but it will be top 10 and I think Dan knows based on past experience what talent is needed to get there. There was literally NO coach available that was going to come that would have done ANY better than Mullen.

Anyway thanks for listening and Go Gators

I get it. I really do, some people tend to be overly negative. Heck, I've made fun of nega-Gators in the stands plenty. But I do want to say something about the facilities. UF lying to donors was not ok. UF did a whole fundraising pitch on facilities and then showed how the money was split between all the non-revenue sports and called it phase 1 retroactively if my memory serves me well. I know Donkey got into a twitter spat with Stricklin over this. I do want guarantees the facilities will start when UF says they will. Anything less than breaking ground this summer while trying to get donations, after previously seeking donations for this very thing only to put money towards sports other than baseball (which you could argue is involved due to the Stadium moving) is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator