McElwain adds to support staff

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You guys crack me up. The title says he added to his "support" staff. Not a coach, not a trainer. This is a guy the coach felt would benefit him and his staff in some manner. The guy isnt running the offense for gods sake. With his background, he obviously has some relationships and knowledge of south Fl. You guys act like Mac just hired the new AD. Hilarious. P.S. Just to clarify, I used the word "decent" in my first response. Some may want to look up the definition.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You guys crack me up. The title says he added to his "support" staff. Not a coach, not a trainer. This is a guy the coach felt would benefit him and his staff in some manner. The guy isnt running the offense for gods sake. With his background, he obviously has some relationships and knowledge of south Fl. You guys act like Mac just hired the new AD. Hilarious. P.S. Just to clarify, I used the word "decent" in my first response. Some may want to look up the definition.

"I trust the coaches!" We get it...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And your a idiot, thats what you do.

You are? You're an idiot? Hilarious. Next time please make sure to check YOUR grammar and spelling when calling someone else an idiot.

Name calling? That's all you have, huh? Epic post.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You are? You're an idiot? Hilarious. Next time please make sure to check YOUR grammar and spelling when calling someone else an idiot.

Name calling? That's all you have, huh? Epic post.

Fluck grammar. Oh and I really cant help you. You are what you are. I should have added "village"

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think these admin staffers at other schools also do things like break down game film. Not sure studying a half court offense or a 2-1-2 is going to win us many games on the gridiron.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I deleted my last post by accident. Oh well Dan, looks like you win buddy.

EDIT: Nevermind. Sweet.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Another epic post. Basically, you have zero comeback outside of "I trust Mac". Does the name Kirk Callahan mean anything to you? Probably not. You're not even a pumper anymore. You are more like a mindless zombie. Or just a plain chicken ****. Afraid to call out a coach. YOU'RE basically a wuss. I bet you have a closet full of participation trophies.

Calling out a coach...hmmmm lets try it rex style.....Macs an idiot. Foley sucks. Our staff cant recruit. We are gonna suck. Our facilities suck. We will never compete in the SEC ever again. Our coach is stupid because he hired someone I dont approve of. There is nothing to be happy about. Kentucky is eating our lunch. None of our recruits will stick. We will suck again because we dont have enough recruits committed 5 years in advance. Everybody we sign is under weight and wont play for 3 years. We suck. Our AD, our HC and everyone associated with this program sucks. We are done forever. Vandy is a better program. Oh my god, I already hate the next decision the HC is going to make even before he makes it because it wont be good and it wont help us anyhow. The sun will never shine again. Whoa is me! Go Gators! So glad I know better than everyone here....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That is complete hyperbole and completely untrue. In fact, I was going through my old posts and I stuck up for Mac for most of the year. I started to sour on him after he fell for that fake FG vs LSU. That seemed pretty mid-major to me. The wheels fell off at the end of the year. The bowl game was a joke. Recruiting came up short. Yeah, I'm not sold on the guy...yet.

He could turn out to be a great coach. That would be awesome. You blindly agree to everything he does and says. I do not. Have some balls. Have some guts to call him out on hiring a basketball coach for his football program. It's ok to do so. If not, then feel free to keep being a lemming. Either way, you can do better than "idiot".

Go Gators!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to have to agree. I said I'd be the first and right now Foley looks vindicated for Zook and Chump(this was just a complete failure on many levels....the hire, the extension and the extra year of keeping him).

In all honesty, he should get tons of credit for the hire turning out great. It's only 6 games but damn...it's nice to enjoy game day again.

Give me that crow buffet. I'll be here a while.

That's from the week before LSU. There's a bunch of these posts. Hard to believe but it is true.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
.00005% of your overall post count. Not bad.

I call it like I see it. And there's a lot more than just that one. There's a ton of question marks still. Calling me names doesn't change that, Dan.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Acting like your smarter than our HC time after time doesnt help. While the jury may still be out on him, he has won 2 NCs as an OC and has improved everywhere he has been. If he decides a person is a good fit for his staff, I give him the benefit of the doubt. I dont claim to be smarter than him. I will criticize if and when he fails or gives me reason to. I havent seen that yet.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LOL. Ok. You win. You win. He's been perfect.

Its not about being perfect. Its about knowing you dont snap your fingers to turn around a program that has been in a downward spiral for several years. Thats called reality. Obviously you know more and would have already won a NC. But for those that are inferior to you, it might take a little more time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Its not about being perfect. Its about knowing you dont snap your fingers to turn around a program that has been in a downward spiral for several years. Thats called reality. Obviously you know more and would have already won a NC. But for those that are inferior to you, it might take a little more time.

You win. What more do you want?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Acting like your smarter than our HC time after time doesnt help. While the jury may still be out on him, he has won 2 NCs as an OC and has improved everywhere he has been. If he decides a person is a good fit for his staff, I give him the benefit of the doubt. I dont claim to be smarter than him. I will criticize if and when he fails or gives me reason to. I havent seen that yet.

Then what's the point of having a message board? I'm not saying the hire was bad....I said it was questionable. But you act like no one - mainly T-Rex - can have an opinion other than sunshine and rainbows. Again, why even post here? This is a message board...it's the off-season. What else is there to talk about? This hire is movement within the football program. It's something to discuss in the long off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator