McElwain adds to support staff

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've gathered that you don't like people calling you names?

I will not resort to that unless provoked. If that's all you have...yeah, that's pretty sad. Everyone acts like that's all I post or have ever posted. Did you see the quote above? I was a big Mac guy until the meat of schedule came and we had a rough time. Young o-line, losing our starting QB, etc. Those are all good reasons why we flopped. I get that. The way the year ended I am kinda back to square one. Lots to prove. Is that bad?

I try not to blame the kids too much. That is something I have been consistent on.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dan has a fair point guys. Nobody recruits linebackers like basketball coaches. It's freaking common sense.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So Shannon spends most of his life in living in Miami, playing football in Miami, coaching football and recruiting football players in Miami. But we need a high school basketball coach to develop contacts down there? WTH?
:what:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So Shannon spends most of his life in living in Miami, playing football in Miami, coaching football and recruiting football players in Miami. But we need a high school basketball coach to develop contacts down there? WTH?
:what:
My thoughts as well! Shannon was supposed to get us into the "elite talents" door down south but it hasn't happened. Anyone else heard of a hire like this (at a directional school) because I haven't!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really respect the ability of some guys to pump any situation.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I will not resort to that unless provoked. If that's all you have...yeah, that's pretty sad. Everyone acts like that's all I post or have ever posted. Did you see the quote above? I was a big Mac guy until the meat of schedule came and we had a rough time. Young o-line, losing our starting QB, etc. Those are all good reasons why we flopped. I get that. The way the year ended I am kinda back to square one. Lots to prove. Is that bad?

I try not to blame the kids too much. That is something I have been consistent on.
You were pretty upbeat...until the wheels fell off at the end. That said, you've kinda taken Law's spot of derailing every thread into doom and gloom. That's what you get all the negative feedback about. Personally, I look at it as cheap entertainment in the offseason.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Then what's the point of having a message board? I'm not saying the hire was bad....I said it was questionable. But you act like no one - mainly T-Rex - can have an opinion other than sunshine and rainbows. Again, why even post here? This is a message board...it's the off-season. What else is there to talk about? This hire is movement within the football program. It's something to discuss in the long off-season.

Again, go back and read my original post that your boy rexie blew completely out of proportion. I said the word "decent" not good, not great, not a home run, decent. I even suggested many of you might need to look up the definition. The reason rex was confronted was because he took that post and tried to make it out to be something it wasnt.. Cant take the heat? Stay the hell out of the kitchen. Post whatever you want but dont expect everyone to join in your misery and dont mention my name if you dont want my input. I find it hilarious that there are so many experts here that have coached top 5 teams and are hanging around a message board. Amusing. Im sending Mac a message to make damn certain he doesnt hire anyone else without this boards approval.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I will not resort to that unless provoked.

Bullcrap. Go back and read this entire thread. There are several others who said they thought this was a good hire and sounded even more positive than me but did you address any other post but mine? Did any of the other negative nellies? Didnt think so. Did I attack you first? Nope. Go back and read your attack post on me and then come back and try to convince someone you dont resort to anything unless attacked. Hogwash. Forked tongue.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I find it hilarious that there are so many experts here that have coached top 5 teams and are hanging around a message board. Amusing. Im sending Mac a message to make damn certain he doesnt hire anyone else without this boards approval.
Message Board Coaches or High School Basketball coaches. What's the difference? I would take the job but I can't afford the pay cut.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Message Board Coaches or High School Basketball coaches. What's the difference? I would take the job but I can't afford the pay cut.

Herron holds deep ties to high school football in South Florida and knows dozens of coaches personally. Born and raised in Homestead, Fla., Herron also relates well to recruits in the area and has relationships with current Gators players,

This guy would run circles around you tag. It would be very embarrassing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullcrap. Go back and read this entire thread. There are several others who said they thought this was a good hire and sounded even more positive than me but did you address any other post but mine? Did any of the other negative nellies? Didnt think so. Did I attack you first? Nope. Go back and read your attack post on me and then come back and try to convince someone you dont resort to anything unless attacked. Hogwash. Forked tongue.

I said you would rave about the hire no matter who it was. You blindly trust in Mac no matter what. Look at this....

I will criticize if and when he fails or gives me reason to. I havent seen that yet.

You haven't seen ONE single thing to be critical of Mac about? Bowl game? Lack of DTs? Kirk Callahan? Recruiting?

You are basically full of **** partner. I said to let it go but you can't. The lobotomy has really done a number on you.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, still struggling with this Pumpthink. So this pee wee league basketball coach is the one who has all the relationships with the football coaches in the state?
If having good relationships with a lot of football coaches in the state is a key requirement for this job, then if we were to hire a football coach instead we would need to hire a really lousy football coach.

Nobody likes someone that beats them. Just ask Steve Spurrier.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I said you would rave about the hire no matter who it was. You blindly trust in Mac no matter what. Look at this....

You haven't seen ONE single thing to be critical of Mac about? Bowl game? Lack of DTs? Kirk Callahan? Recruiting?

You are basically full of **** partner. I said to let it go but you can't. The lobotomy has really done a number on you.

When Mac has had the time and personel to rebuild and he cant make it happen, he will deserve my criticism. Until then, I wont join your whining and pissing and moaning and acting like a complete village idiot. You have been told by 3/4 of the posters here that your a negative nelly who is obviously miserable with your life. I know a few extremely bitchy women who complain less than you. Up until now, I have not put you on the ignore list because reading your posts have been amusing. To see the constant flow of negativity and whining has become hard for a number of people here. I guess many think there is a possibility you can come around somehow I dont know. Im not one of them. Until you find some happiness in your life, you will always be miserable. Now, on to the next post where you assure me your happy and everything is fine in your life.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
From the outside this hire doesn't seem to make sense, but coaches can be a tight knit group and maybe this guy will be a better "in" with S. Florida HS coaches. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator