McElwain Vs. Harbaugh Recruiting

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So both coaches have this year to start installing their system and bringing in recruits that fit their plans. They have 2016 to get a second class in and get the programs settled in deeper, hopefully little staff turnover for either scool. And that sets us up for September 2, 2017 when we meet MICH in Arlington to kick off the season. Seems we'll be able to answer the JMac vs Harbaugh questions where it matters, on the field. Interesting how that game was set before either school was changing coaches, but it gives us that forum for comparison on a (somewhat?) neutral field.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TLB;n183882 said:
but it gives us that forum for comparison on a (somewhat?) neutral field.
How is it a somewhat neutral field? I would say it is as neutral as it comes

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How many SEC fans would be there vs B1G? How many FL fans vs MICH fans? That's the only non-nuetral aspect I can imagine. SEC fans tend to have conference support for non-conference games, so I could see some A&M, LSU, ARK fans in that area at least having an interest, and I expect there are more Florida transplants in TX than there are MICH transplants. You hear about FL people sprinkled across the warmer states comfortably, I have no feel for how many Michigan people retire, or move in general, to Texas. Probably not much a shift from neutral site, but if there was any fan base better represented, it would be SEC.

I guess the flip side is you would have more people in Texas that hate the SEC than B1G in general.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n170691 said:
We will know more at the start of next football season. At AT&T stadium. Right now both coaches are getting their teams more in line with their philosophies.
We play them in 2017

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TLB;183949 said:
How many SEC fans would be there vs B1G? How many FL fans vs MICH fans? That's the only non-nuetral aspect I can imagine. SEC fans tend to have conference support for non-conference games, so I could see some A&M, LSU, ARK fans in that area at least having an interest, and I expect there are more Florida transplants in TX than there are MICH transplants. You hear about FL people sprinkled across the warmer states comfortably, I have no feel for how many Michigan people retire, or move in general, to Texas. Probably not much a shift from neutral site, but if there was any fan base better represented, it would be SEC. I guess the flip side is you would have more people in Texas that hate the SEC than B1G in general.
So you would go to a regular season game of an in conference team when your team plays that same day? You're reaching bro

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan will undoubtedly buy up most of the tickets. If you lived in the Midwest, you'd go south every chance you had also.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n184359 said:
Michigan will undoubtedly buy up most of the tickets. If you lived in the Midwest, you'd go south every chance you had also.

If we're talking about a bowl game I think that's true. Not sure how much of a factor that is for an early season game that's basically at the end of the summer. I assume we are playing them in early September.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ray Finkle;n184355 said:
So you would go to a regular season game of an in conference team when your team plays that same day? You're reaching bro

Dangit, you mean there would be OTHER games on at that time? I'm betting you're right, and I just missed the obvious - had my O&B blinders on, and assumed it would be limited games that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.