Mcelwain waiting for Treon or Grier to "take ownership"

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It has been so long since we have thrown the ball around, I've almost forgotten what a forward pass looks like.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n262331 said:
I'll be shocked if its not Grier.

Everyone will be. Talk about a meltdown.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I would too, but keep in mind that Harris came on very strong, very late in last year's fall camp. Grier was ahead of Harris last year, then Harris turned it on the last several practices and earned the back-up spot while Grier redshirted. Harris apparently put on a show Sunday and Monday in the red zone.

Regardless, all signs point to Grier, but it's not over yet.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;262331 said:

Guys never took a snap in a real game... Not sure why you think that. Only reason I could think of is that Grier is more of QB Mcelwain has always had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I wouldn't and it doesn't matter to me who wins the job...only that they win it for a change.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think people are expecting Grier to be a standout right off the bat. It would be nice if he was but I am reserving judgment until we get in SEC play after what has transpired since 09. With Treon we kind of know what we have but as a sophomore and if he could stay a little healthier he could be decent I think.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n262337 said:
Everyone will be. Talk about a meltdown.
I've probably been the most critical of treon but if the new coaching staff rolls with treon, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n262351 said:
I've probably been the most critical of treon but if the new coaching staff rolls with treon, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mighty white of you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lsu is way too high on that list. Both of their qbs were garbage last year.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Call me crazy, but the phenomenon josh Dobbs of Tennessee is being spoke so highly of by "experts everywhere" and has been said to be maybe the the best Qb we face this year. I believe treon is just as good as him or close. Dobbs scrambles well, so can treon. Dobbs struggled in the passing game at times last year, so did treon. Dobbs also played well against some pretty weak teams last year. I believe with the right development, treon can become a star, especially with his legs and his powerful arm. Just has to get more accurate. I think the same with Grier. Either will have my full support.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n262374 said:
I'm not judging any of the players based on the previous coaching staff. The slate is clean.
MissouriGator;n262374 said:
I'm not judging any of the players based on the previous coaching staff. The slate is clean.

Agreed! Previous coaching staff couldn't identify talent at all. For all we know, we have talent at every position. Some of that talent being young and needs development, though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n262382 said:
Agreed! Previous coaching staff couldn't identify talent at all. For all we know, we have talent at every position. Some of that talent being young and needs development, though.

There's talent for now.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Again.... Dobbs number 2 off just 5 starts? I think he will be in for a surprise when he comes to face our defense.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Law98gator;n262402 said:
You have no clue how it makes me seethe with anger when we have to look up in the rankings, way up, to see Mizzu and Kintucky.

Fire Fooley.

Oh I think I have a clue; I went from being literally nauseous to laughing insanity the past couple of years. That debacle with Mizzou in the Swamp last year was the event horizon for me; it was the absolute lowest point in Gator football and the point in which I shut the chimp out forever.

Now this has nothing to do with my Missouri roots--i was born in Florida and born a Gator. And I don't hate Mizzou. It was just watching a sub-par team celebrate over my beloved Gators--like they had just won a championship--all as a result of horrible coaching. It just made me sick.

It's a good thing that Mizzou fans are not like true SEC fans or I might be sitting in a jail cell right now. In fact, they never even said a word about it. But if your concerns regarding Kintucky are justified, I might be looking for a defense attorney pretty soon. Those Kintucky fans are even worse because they are like the stepchild of the SEC. So if you are right, will you agree to give me a discount? Or will I have to deal with the ambulance chasers (no offence PDS)?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n262379 said:
Call me crazy, but the phenomenon josh Dobbs of Tennessee is being spoke so highly of by "experts everywhere" and has been said to be maybe the the best Qb we face this year. I believe treon is just as good as him or close. Dobbs scrambles well, so can treon. Dobbs struggled in the passing game at times last year, so did treon. Dobbs also played well against some pretty weak teams last year. I believe with the right development, treon can become a star, especially with his legs and his powerful arm. Just has to get more accurate. I think the same with Grier. Either will have my full support.
The Hype, or should I say the Over the top Hype is wayyyyyyy out of control up here. Dobbs has got to win against superior SEC talent. It's almost as if they're trying to will their team back to relevance. If UT loses to Oklahoma they could lose as many as 8 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.