Meet Caitlyn Jenner

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n232360 said:
This is what I was thinking. For decades the transgendered were considered mentally ill. That has only recently changed and suddenly become a "bigoted" view.

As far as the "biologically wired" argument for this kind of thing, pedophiles can use that very same argument. They can say that's the way they've always felt. Yet is it tolerated? Are they encouraged to come out and be celebrated? After all, it's just the way they were born, they can't help it.

And let me stop the retort to this post in its tracks right now. I am not saying homosexuals or transgendered are pedophiles. I'm saying the ARGUMENT is the same. Why should a pedophile be forced to stay in the closet if that's the way he was born? Bigots!

I don't hate anyone. I don't want anyone beaten up. I don't want anyone to commit suicide.

What he said.....except I think a short time in the clink might cure some of their depression :D

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n232379 said:
That's why we have modern science and medicine, to enhance and improve our knowledge on the unknown.
Modern science tells us that their suicide rates double after undergoing the procedure......Are you trying to kill Bruce? errrr, I mean Caitlyn Jenner
As far as Lizardman goes you could probably put him in a padded cell with plenty of flies and he would be happier than a pig in sh!t....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n232402 said:
Modern science tells us that their suicide rates double after undergoing the procedure......Are you trying to kill Bruce? errrr, I mean Caitlyn Jenner
As far as Lizardman goes you could probably put him in a padded cell with plenty of flies and he would be happier than a pig in sh!t....

I'd love for you to provide the source for those numbers.

Regardless, the suicide rate for trans people is almost exclusively the direct result of both physical and mental abuse from other people.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call Bruce Jenner "Caitlyn" if it meant the firing squad.

You know I love you Sasquatch. And GatorJ. We simply disagree, that's all. Nothing personal, no hard feelings.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n232417 said:
I'd love for you to provide the source for those numbers.

Regardless, the suicide rate for trans people is almost exclusively the direct result of both physical and mental abuse from other people.

It's always "other peoples" fault.....I'm sure that injecting female hormones that do not belong into a mans body or visa versa doesn't have any psychological effect either???

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n232442 said:
It's always "other peoples" fault.....I'm sure that injecting female hormones that do not belong into a mans body or visa versa doesn't have any psychological effect either???

I don't suppose medical professionals would be doing it if it was harmful to the person. But as soon as you come up with those numbers you just fabricated, I'll be more inclined to listen. Otherwise I'll just keep tuning you out like always on this board.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n232450 said:
I don't suppose medical professionals would be doing it if it was harmful to the person. But as soon as you come up with those numbers you just fabricated, I'll be more inclined to listen. Otherwise I'll just keep tuning you out like always on this board.

You don't think medical professionals would be doing elective surgeries if they were harmful? :lol:
You must be the most naive SOB on the planet, Sas. It's called getting paid.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n232450 said:

Go back 2 or 3 pages, I posted it yesterday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n232453 said:
Go back 2 or 3 pages, I posted it yesterday.

Not even considering the fact that the link you posted is horrifically written, it basically reaffirms the fact that trans people attempt suicide at a high rate, which is already common knowledge. Then he just creates the link to an unspecified "psychological disorder." Great source. :rolleyes:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We love to accept what scientists say because we're suckers for the white lab coats. But what they say changes all the time. Remember when the key to weight loss was sugar free? Then it was low-fat. Now it's low carb. It will be something else soon enough.

Scientists used to say cholesterol was bad. Salt was bad. Now, maybe not so much.

Scientists used to say gay was a mental illness. Not anymore. I think they got that one right.

But scientists used to say that transgendered was an illness too. They have retreated from that position. Have they gotten it right, or is that subject to change at some point in the future?

Take a deep breath, open your mind, and think about this:

There is a condition out there where folks who were born in healthy bodies wish they were disabled. This is not a joke, I'm not making it up. Sometimes they pretend to be disabled, even getting married and never telling their spouse that they are not really disabled. They live in terror that they might be discovered some day. Sometimes they try to hurt themselves so that their actual body will match what they are in their minds. Some will ask doctors to amputate perfectly good limbs. Like a transsexual, they were born in the wrong bodies. They want their physical bodies to match their mental bodies.

So. What do we do? Try to cure them as if this is an illness? Go ahead and amputate a leg?

I remember reading about a guy a few years ago. He wanted to be a baby. He had a giant crib, wore diapers, suckled a bottle, the whole 9 yards. In his mind, he was a baby. So was that just a strange fetish or is he trapped in the wrong body? Do we try to cure him, or let medicaid pay for a nanny to change his diapers and give him his bottle?

How about something a lot more common, like anorexia? I've seen girls, nothing but skin and bone, look into a mirror and see fat. They are starving themselves, killing themselves. In their minds, they are fat. You can't convince them that they need a cheeseburger. Not with pictures, not with mirrors, not with a body fat index and calipers. Their mind tells them they are fat.

I'm a compassionate person who thinks this country has really failed our mentally ill. Are folks like these mentally ill? What is best for them and for our society? Treating them as if they were mentally ill or helping make their bodies match their brains?

Is there a continuum where transvestite is OK but transsexual is not? Or maybe changing your gender is OK but cutting off a leg is not OK?

I'm certainly not any smarter than the brains in the white lab coats. I don't know what the answer is. It's arrogant to presume you know for sure. Currently, we are lumping transsexual together sexual orientation. Since we have come to a consensus as a society that sexual orientation is something you are born with and different sexual orientations are OK, we are moving towards acceptance of transsexuals the same we we now accept gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. But this is NOT a sexual orientation. Jenner is a heterosexual, just like me. It's a body issue. Entirely different from sexual orientation.

I don't know what's best for the person trapped in the wrong body nor do I know what's best for society. I do know that history shows that the scientists get stuff wrong all the time. What I do suspect is whatever the right answer is for changing your gender is also the right answer for cutting off a healthy leg. It's too perfect of an analogy for different right answers.

If Caitlyn wants to be called Caitlyn, I will certainly respect that. Willard Romney wanted to be called Mitt. Norma Jean wanted to be called Marilyn. Aaron wanted to be called Ox.

I hope Caitlyn finds peace and happiness, if that is what Caitlyn is seeking. Heck, I hope everybody finds peace and happiness, if that is what they are seeking.

Alex.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
AlexDaGator;n232459 said:
pretend to be disabled, even getting married and never telling their spouse that they are not really disabled. They live in terror that they might be discovered some day. Sometimes they try to hurt themselves so that their actual body will match what they are in their minds. Some will ask doctors to amputate perfectly good limbs. Like a transsexual, they were born in the wrong bodies. They want their physical bodies to match their mental bodies
This disorder has a name.....it's called LAZY....c'mon everybody has seen some able bodied fatass riding in the electric cart at the supermarket.....and the reason they want to make it worse is to increase the amount of disability.....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n232462 said:
This disorder has a name.....it's called LAZY....c'mon everybody has seen some able bodied fatass riding in the electric cart at the supermarket.....and the reason they want to make it worse is to increase the amount of disability.....

:facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

There's ignorant, there's moronic, there's dumbassery, and then there's you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n232456 said:
Not even considering the fact that the link you posted is horrifically written, it basically reaffirms the fact that trans people attempt suicide at a high rate, which is already common knowledge. Then he just creates the link to an unspecified "psychological disorder." Great source. :rolleyes:

There were plenty of other links that said the same or worse.......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n232466 said:
There's ignorant, there's moronic, there's dumbassery, and then there's you.

Yeah, I'm the dumbass for believing there's some perfectly good explanation for the fact that some people will use every excuse to "better" themselves.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I'm speechless right now. This is a joke right? Shock value? And Lagoon...you liked this post?

My faith in the Gatorchatter folk has been rocked.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n232485 said:
I'm speechless right now. This is a joke right? Shock value? And Lagoon...you liked this post?

My faith in the Gatorchatter folk has been rocked.

No it's not a ****ing joke. What's worse is that ignorant people like....well I guess you for one buy every lame excuse for what's wrong with people these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.