Meyer to the Browns?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao:
All we do is pay you money to put us in a bad mood every week!
You are a factory of sadness!!
I'll see you Sunday.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Good news is, if he coaches the Browns, we'll never have to hear about him ever again.
That is good. Has there ever been a worse franchise? Ugly city. Ugly uniforms. Just plug ugly all around. I think Meyer is too smart.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He would want to go to place that has a chance of winning, never going to happen with the browns. Also, expext to see him, maybe at ND when he comes back to the college level a la Saban because hecause he couldn't cut it at that level.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to get out while he has a winning record against Michigan cause it won't last with Harbaugh there.
That is some wishful thinking. I'll believe it when I see it. Urban was a collective 16-2 against UF's top rivals three rivals and he just only lost his first regular season conference game in 4 years at Ohio State with a record of 31-1. He's not going anywhere.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer has 3 NCs at two different schools and has dominated his rivals at every stop he's made. WTF has Harbaugh actually accomplished other than losing the big games everywhere he's been?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Coaching at college and coaching in the NFL are two different things. Success at the college level doesn't automatically translate into success in the pros. And vice versa. Ask Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Pete Carroll, Lou Holtz, Frank Kush, Bud Wilkinson just to drop a few names.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Still doubling down on this after Meyer took Harbaugh to the woodshed?
So Meyer had a 3 year head start with a sh!t ton more talent.....I remember when Meyer beat Saban the first time too....Maybe you want to place a friendly wager on next years game?

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
So Meyer had a 3 year head start with a sh!t ton more talent.....I remember when Meyer beat Saban the first time too....Maybe you want to place a friendly wager on next years game?

I would have said something similar until his team dismantled Nicki's team last year in the playoffs when they were pretty big underdogs. I have some resentment about the way Meyer left things here and then set up shop at Ohio State, but there is just no denying the guy can coach. He knows how to win in the college game. I agree with most of you that I don't think it would translate to the pros, or at least I haven't seen evidence that his system would work against the elite talent in the NFL.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Urbs doesn't have the stomach for the NFL. Not even 7 mil a year will change things.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Still doubling down on this after Meyer took Harbaugh to the woodshed?
At least he quit talking about the fat guy at ar-kansas. :thumbup:

Oh crap, now he's gonna talk about him :ugh:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know I picked at Ox, but I actually think ole Urbs would probably do pretty well at the next level. Dude just wins everywhere he goes. Even if it is under questionable circumstances at times...:whistle:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just sent a brown to Meyer.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
That is good. Has there ever been a worse franchise? Ugly city. Ugly uniforms. Just plug ugly all around. I think Meyer is too smart.
you would have thought they would have started fresh in 99 with the new franchise, but instead they had to be spoiled babies and steal the history from the Ravens.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Coaching at college and coaching in the NFL are two different things. Success at the college level doesn't automatically translate into success in the pros. And vice versa. Ask Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Pete Carroll, Lou Holtz, Frank Kush, Bud Wilkinson just to drop a few names.

:scratchhead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator