Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Got unexpected and unsolicited inside info on Miami this morning, which I really only bring here because it does effect UF football in this state.

Miami already fired their AD, which is the first step in letting Diaz go as well. The boosters are supposedly hoarding some money to go after Oregon's Mario Cristobal.

Needless to say, landing Cristobal would do nothing but continue to hurt Florida football, which seems intent on sitting by and destroying itself.

Discuss.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Makes sense. We are a disaster.

I saw the 247 boards said the boosters have collected $10m of the $12m buyout. But administration is still in a wait-and-see mode.

I don’t know what they are waiting to see.

It looks like $6 million of his buyout is due up front. And depending on the situation, it could be 6 million more paid up front. Or it could be $1 million paid out per year for the next 6 years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard that Stricklin is looking for excuses to keep Mullen

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Makes sense. We are a disaster.

I saw the 247 boards said the boosters have collected $10m of the $12m buyout. But administration is still in a wait-and-see mode.

I don’t know what they are waiting to see.

It looks like $6 million of his buyout is due up front. And depending on the situation, it could be 6 million more paid up front. Or it could be $1 million paid out per year for the next 6 years.

Look at the temperature of even this board before the season, how many posters were riding Mullen's dick. How many said he was just a DC, recruit better, etc...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the temperature of even this board before the season, how many posters were riding Mullen's dick. How many said he was just a DC, recruit better, etc...

I don’t think people were doing that (Other than the normal pumpers) I think they were trying to be positive about the team. And hoping things would work out.

If you go back and look at the thread on his original hiring, 90% of the board was against it.

After the ending to last season, nobody was happy. That was a complete shyt show. But people were thinking that if he had his QB, maybe there would be some balance to the offense and it would help the defense a bit.

After this season, there is no salvation. If he continues being the head coach he will break the program for another four years. His recruiting is worse than McElwain’s.

Sever ties. This class is toast. But you can bridge with transfers and you can land a great class next year. There is no way that we win more than eight games next year with the talent on this team and Mullen as the coach.

The administration has been offered a gift and they’re too blind to see it. The tide has turned against the coach and they have the support to get rid of him. Now is the time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think people were doing that. I think they were trying to be positive about the team. And hoping things would work out.

If you go back and look at the thread on his original hiring, 90% of the board was against it.

After the ending to last season, nobody was happy. That was a complete shyt show. But people were thinking that if he had his QB, maybe there would be some balance to the offense and it would help the defense a bit.

After this season, there is no salvation. If he continues being the head coach he will break the program for another four years. His recruiting is worse than McElwain’s.

Sever ties. But you can bridge with transfers and you can land a great class next year. There is no way that we win more than eight games next year with the talent on this team.

The administration has been offered a gift and they’re too blind to see it. The tide has turned against the coach and they have the support to get rid of him. Now is the time.

Majority yes, 90% no... and the rest of the defense is really nice spin.... But this board has been more critical than others, and the administration reads boards, listens to radio, etc.. to take the temperature of the fanbase. The majority of what is out there has been blindly positive.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard that Stricklin is looking for excuses to keep Mullen

Of course he is. Stricklin can’t fire Mullen without implicating himself. You need leadership from above when the AD and head coach are entangled in a conflict of interest.

Fuchs looks like he hasn’t rested his wine glass in eight months. When he does finally get sober, he’ll be asking dumb micro-detailed questions that only an engineer would ask.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is why engineers make schitty CEOs.

That’s so true. They get all caught up in the fine details. They literally can’t see the forest. I want to bang my head against the wall when I sit down with one to go over their finances.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That’s so true. They get all caught up in the fine details. They literally can’t see the forest. I want to bang my head against the wall when I sit down with one to go over their finances.
And their spelling/grammar?!!?!? :facepalm:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

First CEO I worked for at my current company, was a engineer, we basically shut down our finances for two weeks after year end for him to go over the numbers. Two weeks, no sales, no major expenses. I mean we had Deet on the payroll at that time...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are cracking me up. :lol: Beware the backlash coming from our engineering members.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If Oregon makes the playoff, Cristobal won't be available until Jan 2nd at the earliest. Oregon has THE BEST facilities in CFB - Miami has probably the worse facilities in P5 football. They also are cash poor. Oregon gave him a new contract in Dec 2020: 6 years $27.3 million (less than $5mi/year). They'll match anything (and then some) what Miami offers.

Oregon Ducks coach Mario Cristobal gets new six-year, $27.3 million contract

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If I read it right, Mario's buyout at Oregon is like 9 million, Manny's buyout if he's fired this year is like 8 mil. Mario looks to be currently making around 5 mil annually. How the fuch could Scum afford all this, and still offer Mario at least a competitive offer to what Oregon will no doubt counter with? I imagine Oregon could easily up him to 7 if they wanted to, no way Scum finds this kind of money.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
First CEO I worked for at my current company, was a engineer, we basically shut down our finances for two weeks after year end for him to go over the numbers. Two weeks, no sales, no major expenses. I mean we had Deet on the payroll at that time...
At end of quarter, and especially end of year, I knew I had to get my G5 rides and hookers 'n blow expenses in early or they'd get bumped out. I'm no dummy!
roll-safe-clever.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone thinks their opening is the ultimate destination. Miami is delusional if it thinks it’s desirable given all the undesirables associated with it. It’s a 1980s fading memory.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I read it right, Mario's buyout at Oregon is like 9 million, Manny's buyout if he's fired this year is like 8 mil. Mario looks to be currently making around 5 mil annually. How the fuch could Scum afford all this, and still offer Mario at least a competitive offer to what Oregon will no doubt counter with? I imagine Oregon could easily up him to 7 if they wanted to, no way Scum finds this kind of money.
This is our future as we continue our Slumlord ways and killing the golden goose with decade after decade of losing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone thinks their opening is the ultimate destination. Miami is delusional if it thinks it’s desirable given all the undesirables associated with it. It’s a 1980s fading memory.
Like our 1990s fading memory. We are they.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator