Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone thinks their opening is the ultimate destination. Miami is delusional if it thinks it’s desirable given all the undesirables associated with it. It’s a 1980s fading memory.

Same thing other teams are saying about us....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw that coming. We’ve got a lot more going for us than Coral Shambles.
Recruits dont agree.

And apparently coaches dont either.

Fooley & Co still thinks Florida is the only state that has sunshine and low taxes so you should be willing to accept a 50% pay cut to work here.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If I read it right, Mario's buyout at Oregon is like 9 million, Manny's buyout if he's fired this year is like 8 mil. Mario looks to be currently making around 5 mil annually. How the fuch could Scum afford all this, and still offer Mario at least a competitive offer to what Oregon will no doubt counter with? I imagine Oregon could easily up him to 7 if they wanted to, no way Scum finds this kind of money.

His buyout at Oregon is irrelevant unless Oregon fires him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His buyout at Oregon is irrelevant unless Oregon fires him.
people somehow think the buyouts are reciprocal.

the amounts are usually vastly different numbers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Miami actually has a shot at Cristobal, but the fact that their AD was just fired almost certainly seals the fate of Manny Diaz. He's gone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're a decade more recent in both our dynastic run and brief flash of greatness. They're Don Johnson. We're Jared Leto.

When our last dynastic run happened, recruits were how old 5 or 6... they don't remember it. That's like asking them to remember the last time the Dallas Cowboys won a super bowl.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Grease pen...same same
Haven't used grease pen since my flying days. Even then we transitioned to overhead pens for marking up the checklists in about '77. After that cleaning up the checklist with water instead of lighter flued wasn't nearly as inspiring.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
this thread is all over. Cristobal will kill it on the trail in Miami while we’re fighting with USF and UCF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator