Miami landing Cristobal with 10 year, $80 million deal

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Oregon makes the playoff, Cristobal won't be available until Jan 2nd at the earliest. Oregon has THE BEST facilities in CFB - Miami has probably the worse facilities in P5 football. They also are cash poor. Oregon gave him a new contract in Dec 2020: 6 years $27.3 million (less than $5mi/year). They'll match anything (and then some) what Miami offers.

Oregon Ducks coach Mario Cristobal gets new six-year, $27.3 million contract
This. I think it's pretty far fetched to think miamis gonna wait till January for christobal and that he would leave right after making the playoffs. This I not going to happen. I'm not even remotely worried about it

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This. I think it's pretty far fetched to think miamis gonna wait till January for christobal and that he would leave right after making the playoffs. This I not going to happen. I'm not even remotely worried about it

With ESD it's not going to happen, too much is at stake.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Other than the fact that you can't get Cuban food in Eugene, I don't see much hope of "da ewe" enticing him away from Oregon.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
On a side note, if Manny gets canned after this season, anyone want to make a wild guess on where he will end up next season, most likely as the new DC? (Assuming Ox has good info on CDM not getting fired.)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, sure, just gloss over the glorious 00's.
It's not like we didn't bag two more ships during that decade.
I guess Urb's ships don't count....unless
he comes back and fixes things... then all is forgiven...

we were planning on putting you in the Ring of Honor all along.... I swear.)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if we can get Diaz cheap, since if we do the deed, we will go cheap. Likewise, scUM might be able to get Mullen cheap.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wonder if we can get Diaz cheap, since if we do the deed, we will go cheap. Likewise, scUM might be able to get Mullen cheap.

I like to think of myself as pretty reasonable most of the time, but personally, it wouldn't matter if he volunteered to coach here for free. I don't want that lispy moron anywhere near our campus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like to think of myself as pretty reasonable most of the time, but personally, it wouldn't matter if he volunteered to coach here for free. I don't want that lispy moron anywhere near our campus.
Pretty good chance he is back on Mullinz staff soon for round 3.

Mullen almost never hires someone who was with him at Cowbell. And he is basically free. You know how Fooley and Fooley Jr loved to hire fired coaches and let the last team pay the salary.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pretty good chance he is back on Mullinz staff soon, for round 3.

And he is basically free. You know how Fooley and Fooley Jr loved to hire fired coaches and let the last team pay the salary.

Two questions. Is that how we ended up with Pasqualoni? And how much exactly do the Oilers still owe him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator