Million Post Quest - Had a good wine lately?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
New discovery for me of a real bargain from Spain. The wine is a 2019 Tempranillo from Spain by Talma. It’s an amazing bargain @$9 a bottle (@ Total Wine) and definitely over delivers. Good up front fruit flavors and low acid. Drank it by itself and with some Paella the next day. Excellent either with food or without. Great wine to always have a few bottles around for cooking, uncritical quaffing or an impromptu get together. I’ll definitely throw a few in the rack.
View attachment 46744

Headed to the in-laws this weekend. Sounds like a perfect selection for me for when they have 5-10 random other family members show up unexpectedly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have never seen or even heard of it. That’s a label I’d remember. I’ll have to actually ask around!

Was a humbling moment for me because I can guarantee you I wouldn’t have ordered it had I seen it. I’m too analytical on labels. But we weren’t planning to have more than a glass so I went with it from the by-the-glass menu. Was stunned at how good it was. I’m always cautious on moment/situation wines that misleads(as we’ve discussed) but I really felt this was an easy go-to with that price point.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Had a few new wines this week that were worth sharing.

The two below are a pair of nice Italians - a bottle of red….a bottle of white….(Ok, apologies to Billy Joel) - worth seeking out. The red is a nice Dolcetto from Volpi in NW Italy with a lot of fruit and little to no tannic acid. A very solid dinner wine that would go with a wide range of dishes from red sauces pastas to grilled meats. Very versatile.
The white is a nice Inama Soave from NE Italy that was great with some anti pasto and would work with light seafood dishes or pastas. Both are in the $12-15 range.

1677987287192.jpeg

I’m not usually a fine of German Rieslings as they tend to be too sweet for my taste, but this particular one from Leitz in Rheingau went great with some spicy Chinese food. The sweetness tends to cool the heat of the dish and heat seems to make the wine taste dry. Can’t remember, but I think it was in the $15-20 range. I bet it would go well with a host of German dishes like Wienerschnitzel or sausages with Düsseldorf mustard.

1677987534587.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator