Missouri expected to hire Eli Drinkwitz; rest of SEC shaking in their shoes

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The board.

I agree w/ you that there are plenty of coordinators that are destined to be good head coaches. My point w/ this hire is they got a 'hot coordinator' that actually spent one year auditioning as a head coach. I think it was a really good hire for Missouri. Hell, he's probably going to be more successful than Muschamp and Zook were at UF (SC & Illinois also).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree w/ you that there are plenty of coordinators that are destined to be good head coaches. My point w/ this hire is they got a 'hot coordinator' that actually spent one year auditioning as a head coach. I think it was a really good hire for Missouri. Hell, he's probably going to be more successful than Muschamp and Zook were at UF (SC & Illinois also).
I dont know anything about this guy. Seriously, I've never heard his name.

I'm just here to harass people.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then I was correct; my preference for hiring coaches that have proven their ability to run a program as a head coach does precede yours, since you haven't gotten that smart yet.
I prefer the Lincoln Ruley and Ryan Day approach.

I dont think running a 1AA program has really any relationship to what it is like in the SEC.
Mumme and Donnan were successful 1AA coaches, right?

No path is fullproof. In fact Id guess like 90% of any type coach fails

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I prefer the Lincoln Ruley and Ryan Day approach.

I dont think running a 1AA program has really any relationship to what it is like in the SEC.
Mumme and Donnan were successful 1AA coaches, right?

No path is fullproof. In fact Id guess like 90% of any type coach fails
You may be right. If a coordinator, then definitely an OC. I have just seen quite a few brilliant faculty become lousy department chairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator