Mullen’s 2nd loss to Kentucky Presser: Admin rushes him out before questions asked

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As I am sure Donkey is being his Donkey self, I do have to say that the highlighted portion is due to parabolic mics you see on the sidelines and not indicative of what players can or can't hear.

Very likely yes, but I didn't find the stadium particularly loud. I sat on the UK side about halfway up on about the 40 yard line. Me and my buddy could talk with each other and the UK fans around us.

Regardless, the false starts were not about crowd noise, the were about poor preparation and lack of discipline.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I will 100% agree there. Since so many happened, I'm leaning more prep than discipline myself. Especially the few where it seemed everybody, but the center started to move.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lets be honest, the UF admin were just trying to make sure he didn't btch about crowd noise again, challenge someone to a thumb wrestling match, tell the media the 2021 team last showed up against Tennessee, or some other bullschit that his unprofessionalism spews.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
The Bama game contrasted a real winner and a real loser. Saban was furious about the win and Mullen was happy as a clam with the loss. There's so many things that prove him a loser but you don't need to look any further than his own mouth. He never takes responsibilty.
Spurrier and Urban would have won that game. And if they had lost by 2, heads would be rolling. Hell, Spurrier would have buried EJ on the bench for that pathetic 2 point try.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

This sounds a lot like Dan Mullen saying Kentucky didn't beat Florida; Florida beat Florida. Last week it was a Tennessee fan on VolNation, and not the Vols' head coach, who said "UF didn't beat us; we beat ourselves."
Coach, when you don't own your losses you sound like a whiner on a message board. Just say "we got beat" and leave it at that.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
What's something SOS would say after a loss that we'll NEVER hear from DM?

"I need to coach them up better" or
"We got outcoached"

Wonder if SOS would be open to finishing out the year?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's something SOS would say after a loss that we'll NEVER hear from DM?

"I need to coach them up better" or
"We got outcoached"

Wonder if SOS would be open to finishing out the year?

Wouldn’t matter. In the unlikely chance Mullen “sputters” against Vandy and gets shown the door, your worst-case scenario goes into effect. Say hello to interim head coach Todd Grantham.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very likely yes, but I didn't find the stadium particularly loud. I sat on the UK side about halfway up on about the 40 yard line. Me and my buddy could talk with each other and the UK fans around us.

Regardless, the false starts were not about crowd noise, the were about poor preparation and lack of discipline.

I will 100% agree there. Since so many happened, I'm leaning more prep than discipline myself. Especially the few where it seemed everybody, but the center started to move.

Guys, we lost to aTm last year because of crowd noise. How do you think last night compared?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Its barely October and the season is already pretty much wrapped up for us. We will have to hustle just to go to a opt out ny6 bowl that would equal the result from last season. 9-3 is looking like a dream finish , 8-4 is looking like the most probable and 7-5 is looming as a possibility. We went 8-4 last season, Mullen had several goofs while threatening to go to NFL and yet he got a raise to his contract.

Recruiting ain't a good change of subject either. We will have to hustle just to maintain our current star level. We have taken advantage of the portal thus far to raise our over all team talent level but we are getting a lot of 1 year eligible talent so it is really just kicking the can down the road a season. So basically, there isn't really much of any sort of tangible evidence to support that we will be any different going forward. In fact, we will probably need to make similar moves in the portal to maintain our talent level.

What makes anyone think anything has changed or is changing? I support the heck out of this team and I will never say anything bad about these players, but our coaching staff gets paid a lot of money to do better than the above. I don't care about 'there aint nobody better out there' bullchit or 'wait till next year', it doesn't get any more obvious that nothing is changing. Whether Dan Mullen feels any heat for a ROI that should be expected for 7.6M is irrelevant to the fact that the end product isn't worth 7.6M. The only real difference between now and 2011-2017 is we are paying waaaaaayyyyyyy more. Stricklin is on the clock while we state the obvious and I wonder if it meant anything that he didn't include an extension with the raise to the contract last season.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's been VERY obvious since last year that he doesn't want to be here anymore. He's miserable and I'm sure his wife is in his ear about blowing town.

Hey Dan, do the right thing for once in your life and RESIGN - walk away from the money like Spurrier did when he left $15 million and fled the Redskins.
It will never happen. Biden will resign before Mullen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator