Recruiting Mullen gets show cause; cannot recruit off-campus for a year

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Both Butters and Muschamp delivered top 10 classes.

Chump was an excellent recruiter. But whiffed on major positions. At one point he recruited something like 3 Olinemen in 3 years.

GTFO with the Butters shyt. He had one decent year recruiting. And that was before Georgia decided to replicate Bama’s staffing. And it was 9th place. He routinely finished around 17th.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
tOp tEn cLaSs

Like that is a good thing.

Weve had one mouthbreathing yeehaw yellow toothed moron who could manage to land a class that is 6th in the SEC like ole Dorky Dan.
Dan Mullen is the guy who thinks that the secret to "being good at sex" is "always leave them wanting more."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chump was an excellent recruiter. But whiffed on major positions. At one point he recruited something like 3 Olinemen in 3 years.

GTFO with the Butters shyt. He had one decent year recruiting. And that was before Georgia decided to replicate Bama’s staffing. And it was 9th place. He routinely finished around 17th.

2015 - 23rd
2016 - 14
2017 - 9

So he did have a top 10 class, and if you take the guys they left the class before Fall practice, where would Mullen's classes be? about the same?

2018 - 17th (lost 6 - 1 medical, 2 legal, 3 transfer)
2019 - 8th before guys left the class (lost 6 players in the class before fall camp 1- 5*. 3 - 4*, 2-3* per rivals)
2020 - 7th before guys left the class (lost 2, 1-4*, 1-3* per rivals before camp)
2021 - not finished

So if they never make fall camp are they really top 10 classes?

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2015 - 23rd
2016 - 14
2017 - 9

So he did have a top 10 class, and if you take the guys they left the class before Fall practice, where would Mullen's classes be? about the same?

2019 - 8th before guys left the class (lost 6 players in the class before fall camp 1- 5*. 5 - 4*)
2020 - 7th before guys left the class (lost 2 both 4* before camp)
2021 - not finished

Of course not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course not.
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chump was an excellent recruiter. But whiffed on major positions.
So how can you say he was an excellent recruiter? :crazy:

This is like saying Jacob Copeland is an excellent receiver, he just can't catch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So how can you say he was an excellent recruiter? :crazy:

This is like saying Jacob Copeland is an excellent receiver, he just can't catch.

I’m just saying that the guy could recruit. If he wanted to get somebody he normally did.

He really sucked at roster management.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2015 - 23rd
2016 - 14
2017 - 9

2019 - 8th before guys left the class (lost 6 players in the class before fall camp 1- 5*. 3 - 4*, 2-3* per rivals)
2020 - 7th before guys left the class (lost 2, 1-4*, 1-3* per rivals before camp)
2021 - not finished

Huh? I could do that with any of Macstain’s classes. His 2017 class had like five of the top kids not play.

Every class has that.

As for the 2017 class:

Lemons
Telfort
Daquon Green
James Robinson
Jake Allen

Yes that class gave us Toney and CJ Henderson. But it also gave us Steiner and Marco Wilson.

Every class that Mullen has had has been better than that class.

For sure, recruiting needs to get better. But it has done so gradually each year. And the team is miles better than anything that Butters had.

For somebody who hung onto the Chump train until the bitter end, it doesn’t come as a surprise.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huh? I could do that with any of Macstain’s classes. His 2017 class had like five of the top kids not play.

Every class has that.

As for the 2017 class:

Lemons
Telfort
Daquon Green
James Robinson
Jake Allen

Yes that class gave us Toney and CJ Henderson. But it also gave us Steiner and Marco Wilson.

Every class that Mullen has had has been better than that class.

For sure, recruiting needs to get better. But it has done so gradually each year. And the team is miles better than anything that Butters had.

The team is coached better, on offense. No doubt about it. The roster is about the same managed. I know you love you some Mullens. But what is worse, a guy we swing for the fences and miss, or a guy that we know is just ok we hang on to for a decade?

For somebody who hung onto the Chump train until the bitter end, it doesn’t come as a surprise.

after Vanderbilt game and after the GS game I called for his firing both on the old board and over text messages/phone calls with you... so you can stop these lies right here. One saying that you could have been the quarterback and we should still beat Vanderbilt at home during homecoming. Also that you hoped that with a new offensive coordinator would change the outcome (which I agreed with) being that we both new Chump was coming back in 2014.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just saying that the guy could recruit. If he wanted to get somebody he normally did.
Maybe a blue-chip DEFENSIVE player here and there. That's it. And that's all he cared about anyway.

His hideous recruiting at USC would certainly not support your theory either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe a blue-chip DEFENSIVE player here and there. That's it. And that's all he cared about anyway.

His hideous recruiting at USC would certainly not support your theory either.

He got many good defensive recruits. I would counter that he never liked recruiting offense so he never focused on it. The closest he focused on it is the year we got Grier in 2014. He also had two five star players committed in Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane. But I think that’s the year we lost to Georgia Southern. They knew he was on his way out and they jumped ship.

He is obviously the second worst coach we’ve ever had. And a retard to boot. But he could recruit. I would like in him to a second tier Ron Zook.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
after Vanderbilt game and after the GS game I called for his firing both on the old board and over text messages/phone calls with you... so you can stop these lies right here. One saying that you could have been the quarterback and we should still beat Vanderbilt at home during homecoming. Also that you hoped that with a new offensive coordinator would change the outcome (which I agreed with) being that we both new Chump was coming back in 2014.

lies. You were emphatic that he could not be fired because of the injuries.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But he could recruit. I would like in him to a second tier Ron Zook.
:crazy:

Landing a blue chip defensive player here and there and ignoring the rest of the roster isn't a second tier, third tier, or even a tenth tier recruiter. And hell, damn near all of the great defensive players he had were Meyer's guys. That amazing 2012 defense was ALL Meyer.

Never knew you were such a Chimp nutswinger, it's a little disturbing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lies. You were emphatic that he could not be fired because of the injuries.

Me saying he should be fired, and that he wouldn't because of the injuries that would be used as an excuse are two different arguments. You might want to re-evaluate your comprehension.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you do the subtractions, you have to do the additions. With transfers he still probably averages top ten. As a matter of perspective, all the D1 programs in the state of New Mexico had five 3 stars recruited.

Can't argue that Mullen has had better than average success with the portal. You would think at some point he would fall to the mean, but it hasn't yet. That is one area they have done in evaluations and moving them to the field. He has had more success some NFL teams in Free Agency.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you do the subtractions, you have to do the additions. With transfers he still probably averages top ten. As a matter of perspective, all the D1 programs in the state of New Mexico had five 3 stars recruited.
NO ONE GIVES A FVKKK ABOUT TOP SIX IN THE SEC OR "TOP TEN".

NONE ONE YOU OLD ASS FOSSIL.

None in the Gator history except Butters and Mullinz have struggled to make "Top Ten" and barely.

Gators are the flagship program in one of the top 3 srates for recruits in the country. we should always be top three ish unless we just don't have seats.

No one is proud of this jaggoff managing to finish 6th in the SEC.

It is basically the equivalent of being bowl eligible. It is good only if you are Kintucky or Cowbell.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Top 10 in the country means 4th/5th in the SEC, right behind bama, dwags, LSU and sometimes Aub.

In summary, it means celebrating second in the east at best most years. I can hardly contain my excitemen...

:waiting:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator