Mullen offense playbook

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, you're saying you need great players to win titles? Consider my mind blown.
Shyt, here comes AR to tell us talent doesnt matter and Southern Miss and Cowbell will win an NC any day now.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Wow, you're saying you need great players to win titles? Consider my mind blown.

It obviously doesnt take much. The op link talks a lot about scheme, blocking, reading, etc like that is an easy fix. Scheme is fine. We need better players.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it isnt anything even slightly earth shattering.

But people throw a fit everytime we run an option w Trash, the tackle lets the DE free...who smashes Peerine in the backfield. So we hear about "Peerine dancing and the tackle sucks."

Or why zone running plays are being used, and not particularly effectively.

Did you happen to miss Trask keeping on a option play this past Saturday and having a nice little gain? If he does that a few more times, Perine might not get smashed in the backfield quite as often.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you happen to miss Trask keeping on a option play this past Saturday and having a nice little gain? If he does that a few more times, Perine might not get smashed in the backfield quite as often.
Yes, once out of thirty plays, he makes them pay. The rest of the time the DE hits Peerine in the backfield. He isn't too fast. Neither was Wuerffel and plenty of other QBs.

Frankly, Im kind of glad the run game isn't working bc if it were, Dorky Dan would be running 85% of the time.

I just wish he'd throw medium passes (behind the backers) instead of sideways and use Trash more.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, once out of thirty plays, he makes them pay. The rest of the time the DE hits Peerine in the backfield.

He's learning on the job. He's done a better job of stepping up into the pocket and avoiding pressure lately. Not perfect by any means, but improving. Maybe he's actually realizing he needs to keep on those option plays where nobody bothers to worry about him. We can hope, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's learning on the job. He's done a better job of stepping up into the pocket and avoiding pressure lately. Not perfect by any means, but improving. Maybe he's actually realizing he needs to keep on those option plays where nobody bothers to worry about him. We can hope, right?
Every time Giraffe dropped back and didn't see his first read open, I cringed.

Every time Trash runs, I cringe.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Trask needs to learn how to get down and slide, or at least how to absorb the contact and fall.

For all of Franks’ faults, his ability to deliver or absorb a hit wasn’t one of them.

I 100% agree about Franks’ not having his first read, my pucker factor was always above 10 when he started getting the happy feet when the first read wasn’t there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Could be worse...you could watch Del Taco run that play action on 3rd and long or better yet the naked boot to the right which got his shoulder separated and ribs broke twice....

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

If alabama recruited players for the wishbone and they were talented enough, yes.

It's not scheme, its players.

Alabama runs a more pro style offense and can win NCs. Clemson and OSU run a different scheme tan Alabama and can wi NCs.

Players.

If you want to misrepresent what I said, you can play smart ass with someone else. Not interested.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

You are just being obtuse. If it was scheme, everybody would run the "best" scheme. Mcelwain ad chump and willie would run the same stuff Mullen runs.

But here is a crazy ass dea. Mullen just might be a better COACH than those 3 clowns.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You are just being obtuse. If it was scheme, everybody would run the "best" scheme. Mcelwain ad chump and WiLLLLLLLie would run the same stuff Mullen runs.

But here is a crazy ass dea. Mullen just might be a better COACH than those 3 clowns.
Did you watch the LSU and UGA games? Outcoached in both by two guys with a combined IQ of around 80.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Did you watch the LSU and UGA games? Outcoached in both by two guys with a combined IQ of around 80.
Yes, with loaded teams. Burrow may win the Heisman and UGA has like 15 5 star players. Who on our team would start for those 2? Like 3 on our defense and maybe a wr and Pitts on offense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator