Mullen Poll

Agree or Disagree with Mullen hire?

• Total voters

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
I would be willing to trade Franks for Fields. Stricklin is such a smooth negotiator he shouldn't have any problem pulling this off.

Pretty sure we'd trade Franks for a 2* recruit and a case of Busch. Only hope on him is that awful coaching held him back. Otherwise, he's a big arm with little football IQ.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
My issue is not that I don't think Mullin can be successful, I just think that there are way better options to look at. If we didn't have somebody say by Friday, then yes Mullins. But it just seems so premature.

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
“It’s kind of just how you see it,” Franks said. “(There’s) not really anything to say. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. No matter what I tell you guys, it’s going to be twisted around and things like that. A turnover is a turnover. It happens in the game. Tom Brady throws three interceptions, anybody does it. It’s just part of the game, part of playing quarterback. That’s what a lot of people don’t realize

Sure hope Mullens see this crap, Franks seems to think throwing pick sixs is absolutely normal.He needs to go!!!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will certainly know for a fact that he reads the GatorChatter message boards if during his press conference that he says, "The sh!TTer was full!!"

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
What a shocker. The poll here on Gator Hater is skewed toward “disagree”. We could have hired Saban with Belicek as the OC and 90% of members would still complain that we didn’t hire Jesus with Dwayne Johnson for strength and conditioning.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen will keep us in 2nd/3rd place......

If you accept that, cheer for UT!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a shocker. The poll here on Gator Hater is skewed toward “disagree”. We could have hired Saban with Belicek as the OC and 90% of members would still complain that we didn’t hire Jesus with Dwayne Johnson for strength and conditioning.

:rolleyes4:

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so bummed about this hire but I'm trying to stay positive. The last few years of mediocrity have really tempered my expectations.

Let's be honest, Mullen is what he is. He will not magically get better, that's fantasy.

What he is is a marginally good coach that will stop the bleeding, will hopefully make us relevant and competitive, and basically keep the bottom from falling out for the next 5-10 years.

He will not be fired for the consecutive 7-6 seasons that will be sandwiched between 9-3 seasons. As long as stricklin has a job, Mullen has a job. Foley lasted 30 years. Mullen is our new Bobby Bowden.

The positive is that we will no longer be a laughingstock.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm so bummed about this hire but I'm trying to stay positive. The last few years of mediocrity have really tempered my expectations.

Let's be honest, Mullen is what he is. He will not magically get better, that's fantasy.

What he is is a marginally good coach that will stop the bleeding, will hopefully make us relevant and competitive, and basically keep the bottom from falling out for the next 5-10 years.

He will not be fired for the consecutive 7-6 seasons that will be sandwiched between 9-3 seasons. As long as stricklin has a job, Mullen has a job. Foley lasted 30 years. Mullen is our new Bobby Bowden.

The positive is that we will no longer be a laughingstock.
I disagree with your last sentence, if we win 8-9 games a year we will be a laughing stock by our rivals. We made fun of UGA every year and Richt was winning 10 games a year. 8-9 games are great when your Miss St it don' work when your at UF. I don't think Mullen will ever even win the East. Everyone loves to say Miss St was nothing before he got there but if you look Miss St had more tradition than SC had and SOS took that school to 3 11 win season in a row. That is coaching, he recruited well there and coached the players up. That is impressive, what Mullen did at Miss St was not at all impressive. 20171127_033459.png

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Wasn't on my top 5, barely on my top 10, but I'm 100% behind our new coach. Screw all you whiny-b!tch haters.
my man!!!! this almost sounds like a sig.
Screw the the haters, GO GATORS!
Well hell yeah, Jesus was too much of a lib........worrying about the poor and the fallen women and all that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Damien disagreed when I asked him to use not agree.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just my 2 cents...Mullen was not my 1st choice...or 2nd...or 3rd. But he is the choice! I would have loved Frost, but home came calling and he is going to NU. Suppose Mullen had gone to UCF instead of MSU. I suspect he may have had much different result than competing in the SEC West. My thought is at the very least...give him the privilege of an honest chance to turn things around before you form the lynch mob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.