Muschamp: "Good enough to win the East"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More comic gold from Muschamp!

https://www.seccountry.com/south-ca...ocks-have-good-enough-players-to-win-the-east

South Carolina is coming off a 3-9 season that included the departure of longtime coach Steve Spurrier in October. But new Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp believes a quick turnaround is possible in Columbia.

“We have good enough players to win the (SEC) East,” Muschamp told reporters at a Gamecock Club appearance Wednesday evening at Williams-Brice Stadium, according to Josh Kendall of The State.

While some might snicker at the coach’s assertion following a 1-7 performance in SEC play in 2015, Muschamp does have reason for optimism. The team’s final five losses post-Spurrier all came by fewer than a touchdown, and that included a 5-point loss to in-state rival Clemson, which reached the College Football Playoff championship game.

However, it also included a one-point loss to The Citadel, which still stings even though the Bulldogs did finish the season ranked 15th in FCS.

Muschamp also heaped praise on a couple of players during his appearance, including wide receiver Deebo Samuel and linebacker Bryson Allen-Williams.

Muschamp said that Samuel, who accounted for 64 total yards in the spring game and was the team’s offensive player of the spring, can be “an elite player in our league.” Samuel showcased some of that talent in last year’s Clemson game, catching five passes for 104 yards and a touchdown.

Meanwhile, Muschamp told reporters that Allen-Williams played the best of any Gamecocks player this spring. He was named South Carolina’s special teams player of the spring and figures to be in the starting lineup this season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GoodfellasLaughing3.gif

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love that they have a player named Deebo

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He has to say that....he can't criticize their roster when he's following the great SOS legend, even moreso he can't criticize an inherited roster when he left the Chumpster fire Mac inherited. Then at the more relevant coach speak level, he can't undermine his team's confidence (could it go lower?) heading into the next season, he needs to inspire them. However, I fully expect them to implode under him for a year or two before he's fired.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can see them finishing no better than 4-8. The real problem is that he can't tell the difference between what a 4-8 team looks like and make adjustments to better the situation. Same ol square peg in round hole. I've never seen such a dumbass make so much money....

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Chump :loser:

Even if you think that, it shouldn't be said. Those cock fans at cockytalk are talking 9-3 or 10-2 because of this. What a moron. :headslap:

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
That's what you always want to do as a smart coach, lower expectations so you can meet or exceed said expectations. All good coaches do this.

Oh wait, it's Muschimp! That's right. Shoot your mouth off. Set expectations that can't possible be met and then fail. Rinse. Repeat.

What a tool!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Spurrier just say he left really limited talent on that USCe roster? I trust Spurrier's talent evaluation much more than Muschamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.