Muschamp is new Auburn DC

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That tie looks more like tenersee than allbarn. Piss on him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131043 said:
Like sonoma, he never returned from his 3 day vacation and probably never will. Evidently the butthurt is strong in that one.

Youre surprised he left the second that Chimp did?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n131196]
bilde
[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad that's not a UF presser. Bet WM's closet is getting pretty full with shades of Orange. And AU's a second time around.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n131018 said:
What's the big deal? How many of the top recruits from the state of Florida have we been able to land with WM and TRob? Not many is the answer you're looking for. If Mac wants him, I hope he stays. If not, let him follow the loser to the Barn and good riddance to both of em!

Its a good point. Others made it also. Im trying right now to convince myself he cant be that good given the terrible holes in our last classes and the fact that we currently trail FAU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its a Team thing period. If T-Rob is responsible for recruiting then its on him and ultimately the HC. So the more I look, the more I'm not too worried if he does leave but there is a reason we are down in Recruiting. And he could very well be part of it. It's also WM, losing, and the state of what we are. With WM gone is one reason we see some offensive recruits starting to perk up a bit. We're not going to live or die by T-Rob.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;131188 said:
You are making my point for me. We have the best recruiter in the nation on our sideline and we can't even beat Ga southern! Shows you how much it means to have the best recruiter of the universe on the staff. This is no dig at T Rob, but we need to get a coaching staff that knows not only how to use players correctly, but develop them to their full potential.

It would be great to keep T Rob on the staff, but I want him because he seems to be a pretty solid Dbacks coach. I couldn't give two sh!ts about his recruiting abilities.

Which is why u said his coaching was Eh.

But the issue was offense more than anything and TR wasn't part of that.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n131196]
bilde
[/QUOTE]

The one on the left is Gus Malzahn. The one on the right is the head coach in waiting at Troy State.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n131250 said:
Which is why u said his coaching was Eh.

But the issue was offense more than anything and TR wasn't part of that.

A big part of the issue on the offense was the inability to recruit top offensive talent. As recruiting coordinator that is on TR to a large extent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n131228 said:
Its a good point. Others made it also. Im trying right now to convince myself he cant be that good given the terrible holes in our last classes and the fact that we currently trail FAU.

Talk about being in a bad place right now. Army is # 94 In Rivals team rankings while we are # 97 now. FAU is # 53.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n131196]
bilde
[/QUOTE]

Garbage suit, and is wrinkled. Tie looks like the knot you'd see at a HS prom. And the orange is way off.

Congrats, Will. You were out dressed by a guy named Gus.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
WM has the spotlight on him now and he'll be recruiting against teams in the best division of the best conference in that nation. This will be nothing like his time in Texas. A lot of pressure will be on his shoulders and we know how that has worked out for him. His time at Barn will be no cake walk.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
CapitalGator02;n131270 said:
WM has the spotlight on him now and he'll be recruiting against teams in the best division of the best conference in that nation. This will be nothing like his time in Texas. A lot of pressure will be on his shoulders and we know how that has worked out for him. His time at Barn will be no cake walk.

People forget that Johnson was a high profile DC/former HC that came in to rescue Auburn's D. And they have recruited well enough that there is talent there on that side of the ball. Yet he failed miserably. I'm not sure that Malzahn's high-scoring offense is really compatible with a great defense. High risk/high reward style. Either way, he's going to be asked to do a lot.

And I'll add this. Any HS player that is considering AU because of Muschamp is not seeing things logically. He has aspirations of being a head man, and just spent 4 years getting a taste for it. If he's sucessful, he'll be plucked away by someone wiling to give him that second chance at HC. If he's not, he'll be canned. In either case, the likelihood of a player being coached for more than 2 years(possibly one year of actual playing time if they RS) is minimal. It's never wise to make a decison solely on a coach or coordinator. But when a guy bounces around and was just considering a head coaching spot less than a week ago, it's even worse. These kids that think they're going to be coached by WM are not using any logic at all.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n131274 said:
People forget that Johnson was a high profile DC/former HC that came in to rescue Auburn's D. And they have recruited well enough that there is talent there on that side of the ball. Yet he failed miserably. I'm not sure that Malzahn's high-scoring offense is really compatible with a great defense. High risk/high reward style. Either way, he's going to be asked to do a lot.

And I'll add this. Any HS player that is considering AU because of Muschamp is not seeing things logically. He has aspirations of being a head man, and just spent 4 years getting a taste for it. If he's sucessful, he'll be plucked away by someone wiling to give him that second chance at HC. If he's not, he'll be canned. In either case, the likelihood of a player being coached for more than 2 years(possibly one year of actual playing time if they RS) is minimal. It's never wise to make a decison solely on a coach or coordinator. But when a guy bounces around and was just considering a head coaching spot less than a week ago, it's even worse. These kids that think they're going to be coached by WM are not using any logic at all.

Exactly. Just like any kid that came here to get coached by cheeseburger.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;131274 said:

This. I just don't see WMs defensive approach meshing well with a risky offensive scheme.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
(1) Dunce should know to not pack a suit coat in a suitcase.

(2) He needs to get the corn cob removed from his ass hole.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n130975]

If Muschamp isn't "even remotely" the correct answer, then who is?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know, maybe every coach who has ever gotten his team put on probation? Maybe SMU's coach that got them the death penalty? Maybe Joe Paterno? To say that Will Muschamp did "more damage to a program than any other coach in history" is laughable. Hell, Charley Pell and Galen Hall easily did more damage to UF than Muschamp did. Nobody's going to hold it against Hall because SOS came in and got it turned around, but two probations in 6 years would have been devastating to just about any other program.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n131329 said:
Oh, I don't know, maybe every coach who has ever gotten his team put on probation? Maybe SMU's coach that got them the death penalty? Maybe Joe Paterno? To say that Will Muschamp did "more damage to a program than any other coach in history" is laughable. Hell, Charley Pell and Galen Hall easily did more damage to UF than Muschamp did. Nobody's going to hold it against Hall because SOS came in and got it turned around, but two probations in 6 years would have been devastating to just about any other program.

Somebody just got owned!!!!

:hahaha:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

True. That's why I never hold Pell in high regard. People forget how ****ing crooked he was at Clemson before he even came to UF.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While Pell wasnt a poster boy, he was doing nothing that the Dwags, Barn, Bama and the like weren't doing back then. Hell, probably much less. He did wonders for fundraising and getting the facilities up to date and by doing so helped our program start turning the corner. Before he came, we had the history/prestige of UK and Vandy in football. Not saying I condone the cheating...just providing some insight to some of you who weren't around during that time in Gator history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator