Muschamp is new Auburn DC

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131651 said:
Hey fellas, how many people are still angry with Urban? And he brought us huge success! The effects of the Muschamp era are going to be evident for a long, long time. The anger is going to pop up for years. Saying that, I don't "hate" anybody.

People who are still angry with Urban are idiots.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
WobbleGator;n131654 said:
People who are still angry with Urban are idiots.

Angry is a bit of a harsh word, isn't it? It is just college football. So many more important things in this world during our era to get emotional and motivated over.

I am still 'angry' at how Spurrier left us. He threw Foley and the program under the bus (though Foley should always be prepared to execute). I am still 'angry' with how Urban left us. The man gets all the credit in the world for the great things he did at UF ... but in that same breath ... he gets all the credit for the horrible things he did in his last few years at UF. One thing is for sure ... Muschamp left this program in much better shape than Urban left it. Another thing for sure ... what Urban had to work with when he took over the program was much better than what Muschamp had to work with (dont even mention that failure of a recruiting class that was ranked #1 ... it was a joke). But finally, another thing for sure ... Muschamp didn't even come close to accomplishing what Urban accomplished. It is was it is ... it was what it was ... not sure why people have to make it such a black and white thing when it is obviously somewhere in the middle of all the slanted positions people seem to take on this subject.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n131657 said:
Muschamp left this program in much better shape than Urban left it.
This is highly, highly arguable. If not flat-out wrong.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131659 said:

Honestly, nobody will be able to accurately say if it's true or not for at least another year. If we start winning a lot of games again immediately, I think we can say that he didn't leave the cupboard bare, and it was solely the lack of player development that was the big issue. If it takes Mac a while to get things going, then obviously the problem was much bigger than player development.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131659 said:
I've been around for a while. This is easily the least talented team since probation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Meyer had left the cupboard bare, we never would have sniffed 11 wins in 2012. It would have been a 5 to 7 win season.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131673 said:
If Meyer had left the cupboard bare, we never would have sniffed 11 wins in 2012. It would have been a 5 to 7 win season.

Defensively we were not left bare. A case could be made that the cupboard was left bare on the offensive side of the ball though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131673 said:
I don't know if that was directed to me. Yes, it was a 5 or 7 win season. Every season with Chimp would have been a 5 or 7 win season because of his offensive mindset. We got incredibly lucky to win all 7 come from behind victories, to catch ATM before Johnny Cocaine took off, and nearly lost to La Tech and were down by 3 scores to Furman. That's on Chimp, not Creyer.

Yes, Creyer left a good defense, but he left a roster with 15 empty seats or so. I remember at the time that we had less scholly players than USC-- who was on a "terrible probation." Muschimp made it worse immediately running off many more.

The offense has been a damn trainwreck since 2007. We've basically missed out on every top RB and receiver, even the kids from Fla, since then. We would have looked quite different with Agholor, Diggs, Davis, Cooper, Cook and others on the roster. The ones we did land, like Deonte and Debose, were terrible.

With both Creyer and Chimp, they should have been let go one year before they did.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I have not been a part of this thread, I mean really....**** Muschamp. I just wanted to give thanks to the man that unstuck this thread. I hope my post is the last so this can fall into the great void of old threads. Please lets stop making threads with this guys name in the title.

Go Gators!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Having a long career in sales and sales management I have had the occasion of having reps that worked with me or for me leave my organization and take jobs with competing companies. I would be cordial with them but I made a point of not wishing them luck or any other platitude relating to their future success. In an extremely competitive industry I viewed them now as my competition who were working their hardest to take money out of my pocket and the food off my table. F**k them. It may sound harsh but I would imagine that's the same way they would feel about me.

That's the same way I view Muschamp, Meyer and even Spurrier. Sure, they were once our guys and I can appreciate what they did when they were here, but now they ain't our guys and they are going to do everything in their power to beat my team. They're Gatorbait. Meyer had the hypocritical gall of recruiting against our "broken" program and Muschamp waited exactly 2 days before calling Martez Ivey to recruit him to Auburn. F**k them.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131659 said:

Considering we were only able to score WM to replace Urban, he certainly didn't leave us in great shape. Again, Urbs did amazing things for this program and I harbor zero hate for the guy, but he took a massive steaming sh!t on this program. Coaches never leave when their program is peaking, do they?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n131699 said:
Considering we were only able to score WM to replace Urban, he certainly didn't leave us in great shape. Again, Urbs did amazing things for this program and I harbor zero hate for the guy, but he took a massive steaming sh!t on this program. Coaches never leave when their program is peaking, do they?
That wasn't the argument. The argument is who left the program in worse shape, Meyer or Muschamp? I say Muschamp. Others disagree.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131706 said:
That wasn't the argument. The argument is who left the program in worse shape, Meyer or Muschamp? I say Muschamp. Others disagree.

So the question is, who left the bigger turd in the toilet? The program was/is awful after each coach left, but we'll see what Mac is able to do with WM's guys. This will definitely be an interesting discussion a few years down the road.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My question is why do you think Meyer left....? I think Meyer left because he knew the program was in really bad shape and he didn't want to go through the effort and pain to rebuild it, so I consider that leaving the program in pretty bad shape.

If you believe he left because of heart issues and spending time with his family... then lets just agree to disagree.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n131715 said:
This will definitely be an interesting discussion a few years down the road.

Ding ding ding!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n131845 said:
My question is why do you think Meyer left....? I think Meyer left because he knew the program was in really bad shape and he didn't want to go through the effort and pain to rebuild it, so I consider that leaving the program in pretty bad shape.

If you believe he left because of heart issues and spending time with his family... then lets just agree to disagree.
I think it was a combination of the two. He didn't think he had it in him (due to the health scare) to rebuild the program again, so he stepped away. Just wish he had done it a year earlier when it was apparent he wasn't enjoying himself any longer.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
oxrageous;n131706 said:

Why do you feel that Muschamp damaged the program? What do you base this on?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Almost impossible to believe he's not being purposefully dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator