Muschamp is new Auburn DC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n130595 said:
He was 50-50 between us and Auburn while Muschamp was the coach at UF. Maybe Mac's visit with him this week has swayed him back towards UF.

I guess shouldn't get our hopes up on any top recruits this class. But I still like our chances with Ivey. We just need some momentum

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Martez Ivey follow Chimp? Does he think he'll move to defense? When has Chimp ever been able to land top OL?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Malzahn and Muschamp versus Saban and Kiffin. This Iron Bowl thing ain't letting up anytime soon. Meanwhile, we've got Mac and ???, Durkin??

Good God I hope Mac is the man.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of chatter on Twitter right now that TRob may leave to Auburn since that's his alma mater.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow.
@schadjoe: Will Muschamp’s 3-year Auburn deal $1.6 to $1.8 M per

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If T-Rob leaves for Auburn our already pathetic recruiting class may be unsalvageable. If he's staying at Florida someone needs to soon counter these rumors with something official that he's staying at UF.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not Kirby Smart money. But almost as much as he made here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n130609 said:
Malzahn and Muschamp versus Saban and Kiffin. This Iron Bowl thing ain't letting up anytime soon. Meanwhile, we've got Mac and ???, Durkin??

Gotta start somewhere. About 10 years ago do you thing urban Meyer and Charlie strong initially scared everyone in the sec?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GatorJ;n130615 said:
Not Kirby Smart money. But almost as much as he made here.

It's literally $50,000 less than Kirby Smart is getting paid ($1.35 million)....so yeah, "not Kirby Smart money".....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Original DC;n130609 said:

Well, the last time Muschamp's D went up against Kiffin's O.......they produced more yards than any team has EVER put up against a UF defense. So I'm going to lean Bama in this match up.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n130603 said:
T rob and Champ have been joined at the hip for a while. Plus T rob is an Auburn alum. Anyone know if a DC can negotiate bringing their own guys? But I hope he stays. Worse than losing recruits would be losing guys like Tabor or Wilson to transfer.

So this week, while T-Rob has been basically living with Coach Mac, what, he's going back to his hotel room at the end of the day and secretly fielding phone calls from Muschamp about how they're going to team-up at Auburn? That's some sleazy stuff right there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n130624 said:
Gotta start somewhere. About 10 years ago do you thing urban Meyer and Charlie strong initially scared everyone in the sec?

Yeah, Urbs was the man. Undefeated Utah team and national COY honors. Hate to pimp that guy but he was the next big thing and everyone knew it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dc has a good point. It does seem kinda seem like a long shot at this point

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So now I think it's time for Coach Mac to make his first move/countermove as UF's head coach. While these T-Rob-to-Auburn rumors are swirling, maybe he announces tomorrow that T-Rob will remain on his staff as DB Coach, Recruiting Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach or some such, with a nice little bump in salary. I know Mac has his own timeframe he's looking at to announce his staff, but these T-Rob rumors may speed-up his timeline.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n130637 said:
So now I think it's time for Coach Mac to make his first move/countermove as UF's head coach. While these T-Rob-to-Auburn rumors are swirling, maybe he announces tomorrow that T-Rob will remain on his staff as DB Coach, Recruiting Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach or some such, with a nice little bump in salary. I know Mac has his own timeframe he's looking at to announce his staff, but these T-Rob rumors may speed-up his timeline.

Auburn fan on another site is saying TRob to AU is a done deal(which is the dreaded kiss of death so maybe we'll have some reverse karma).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gotta feel kind of like that brief period, post school, when you moved back into the folks' place. Awkward. Not exactly sure what to say to the neighbors. You know they won't quite believe how "great" things are or how "temporary" this is as you drag those boxes inside. Still looks like the old office you left, but somehow much smaller and completely redecorated. A couple of "yes sirs" and it's off to bed to wonder how the eff this happened.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trob to auburn a done deal? Lol kinda like freeze to Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.