Muschamp: "This is not a rebuilding year..."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Muschamp goes full-retard again!!

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/muschamp-i-have-a-one-year-time-table-45313689

FLORENCE – At the #SpursUp Tour’s first stop, Will Muschamp said his first year in Columbia wouldn’t be a rebuild year. He reiterated that statement Thursday in Florence speaking to 400 Gamecock Club members at the SIMT Conference Center.

Muschamp boldly said if his team stayed healthy this fall he believes his first Gamecocks team has the ability to make it to Atlanta and play for an SEC Championship.

When a fan stood up during the open floor portion of Muschamp’s speech in Florence, he asked if Muschamp there are a set number of years needed to rebuild USC’s 3-9 football program. The new Gamecocks head coach responded quickly.

“I have a one-year time table,” said Muschamp followed by applause from the crowd. “My dad always told me a story about a man that went fishing with a 12-inch pan and he caught a fish that was too big so he couldn't put it in the 12-inch pan. We’re not thinking that way. Let’s think to go to Atlanta every year. If we fall short of that, we’re going to go back and reset ourselves and say, ‘Okay what do we need to do to get there?’”

----------

In another article he talks about what went wrong at Florida:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...was-with-Nick-Saban-he-wouldnt-have-done-that

When it comes his own offense at South Carolina, Muschamp said he learned one thing more than any other from his time at Florida.

“Score more points.”

Muschamp brought back Kurt Roper to be his offensive coordinator at South Carolina. In Roper’s lone season with Muschamp at Florida, the Gators improved their scoring by nearly 12 points per game to 30.3, but it wasn’t enough to save Muschamp’s job.

“At the end of the day, we were not good enough on offense,” Muschamp said. “Whether it was scheme, staff, whatever the case was, that falls on my shoulders. I’m the one responsible for it. We didn’t get it done consistently well enough. We played good enough defense and special teams. We recruited good players — Florida’s led in draft picks the last two years — but we didn’t get it done on offense, and that’s my responsibility.

“I feel good about our situation here, especially with Kurt Roper and our staff. I’m excited about moving forward. I don’t know if you sit there and say, ‘Did you learn this?’ Not really. I knew that going in. We needed to be better, and we weren’t. It’s my responsibility, and we’ll get it better.”

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's right about a year plan.....they'll run him out of town after next year.
That team is in god awful shape and with his guidance I foresee a 2-10 disaster looming in Cockville.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He truly is the idiot everyone screams he is if he thinks he'll do better offensively than Spurrier did.

He definitely has the Cocky thing down already.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did he say they were good on special teams? Does he not remember the game that lost him his job where they had a blocked punt and blocked FG in key situations?

He is the Donald Trump of college football.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did he say they were good on special teams? Does he not remember the game that lost him his job where they had a blocked punt and blocked FG in key situations?

He is the Donald Trump of college football.

I'm not a Trump fan, but that is an insult to Trump.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Did he just say being in the SEC title game is bigger in the south than being in the national title game? Did I read that wrong?

:britney:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's not lying about it not being a rebuilding year. It's a " tearing the rest of it down year"

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Same ole schtick from the same asshat, just in a different wrapper. He'll be gone by the end of the second year. They'll suck and USCe will be after the next up and coming coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait ... he might be hinting it'll be a teardown year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Poor bastards are applauding and hoping for the best. If they only knew what lies ahead...:trainwreck:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Muschamp's coaching career...
Steven-Pledger-Basketball-Celebration-Fail.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I can appreciate that chump has the "buck stops here" attitude. Very admirable. His problem is the lack of awareness or admission of where the problem truly originates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.