Muschamp to SCar a "Done Deal," SOS denies it

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n125824 said:
Hah...no. I honestly never noticed. Nor do I care. But I bet if I just went along with the crowd and said, Phuc Muschamp, Muschamp sucks, I'd get a lot more, huh?
Absolutely. Most of us don't care for people that destroy our beloved program and lowered the bar so much we're worried about the crappy Gamecocks at all. If a defensive player is stupid enough to go to USC over UF then we don't want them anyway. Gatorbait.

I understand your hatred for Muschamp is nearly as strong as your love for Meyer, but to sit around and bash him as a DC is ludicrous. And to think it won't effect us negatively in recruiting is naivety. Did you read what some of those highly prized defensive recruits were saying about him? They love the guy. Hopefully Coach Mac can put the full court press on them and make them believe now that Muschamp is out as HC, they'll have a chance to start competing for championships at Florida again.
Yeah, they love him. I've heard that for years, the players love him, blahblahblah. Always the perfect definition of a loser coach. If the players love you, then you aren't doing your job.

I think it's time to get back into the mindset that UF is an elite program that few can compete with. We should win the East every single solitary year. We need to get the Muschamp stink of mediocrity (or worse) off of us.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n125826 said:
I would rather have him recruiting at SC than auburn

Nope. Doesn't matter. I just found out...Muschamp sucks. He sucks as HC, he sucks on offense, he sucks on defense, he sucks as a recruiter, he sucks as a husband, he sucks as a human being... He also sucks wieners.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125657 said:
:facepalm:

Amazing that people still think this after watching that man for 4 years. All I can say is we should hope and pray he takes over for Spurrier at USC. Will only make it easier for us.

Why do you hate Muschamp so much? He's gone, which is a great thing. But: In his time here at UF, our defense was generally the second best at most categories in the SEC his four seasons. Pretty good, I'd say.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n125832 said:
Why do you hate Muschamp so much? He's gone, which is a great thing. But: In his time here at UF, our defense was generally the second best at most categories in the SEC his four seasons. Pretty good, I'd say.
What makes you think our defense would not have been as good under another coach? Do you know how much talent we had on defense when Muschamp took over?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125833 said:
What makes you think our defense would not have been as good under another coach? Do you know how much talent we had on defense when Muschamp took over?

I'm convinced more than ever that UF will always have a good to great defense unless we have some sort of flukey year like 2007 where everyone was young and inexperienced. With our athletes, any coach who can fog a mirror can have decent defenses. That's why I'm optimistic about the Mac hire. He's NEVER shown an inability to run excellent offenses.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n125825 said:
That must explain how mine filled up also. :lol:

Yours got filled up a completely different way.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n125706 said:
Please give us a list of the players he recruited that are in the NFL. It's not a long list.

Guys, Muschamp's recruiting SUCKED, even on defense. It couldn't hold a candle to the talent we got during the Meyer years.

I don't need to do any research Ox. I think you're forgetting about the fact that he also coached and recruited at LSU, Auburn, Texas as well as UF. I'm not sure about the recruiting part of it but I'd almost bet there are at least 40 or 50 players he has coached that are in or have been in the NFL.
Listen I know you're still pissed about what he did here and so are most of us......but what is done is done. Best to let go of all this anger and rage for it will consume you....Now repeat after me, breath in love and kindness, breath out hatred and contempt. Over and over my friend as it will set you free......:therethere:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n125856 said:
I don't need to do any research Ox. I think you're forgetting about the fact that he also coached and recruited at LSU, Auburn, Texas as well as UF. I'm not sure about the recruiting part of it but I'd almost bet there are at least 40 or 50 players he has coached that are in or have been in the NFL.
Listen I know you're still pissed about what he did here and so are most of us......but what is done is done. Best to let go of all this anger and rage for it will consume you....Now repeat after me, breath in love and kindness, breath out hatred and contempt. Over and over my friend as it will set you free......:therethere:

Crete, what is the wide world of sports is happening? :eek:hnoes:

You are beginning to grow on me. ;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n125856 said:
I don't have any rage about Muschamp, just a little annoyance at Gator fans still swinging on his nuts. I welcome the idea of coaching against him every year. Hope it happens.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n125692 said:
Why are still talking about Muschamp? He is not our coach anymore.

^ This!!! I am with you Wobble this guy can EAD after how he set us back 6 years (the 4 he was here and the two it will take to return us to the SECC)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n125859 said:
Crete, what is the wide world of sports is happening? :eek:hnoes:

You are beginning to grow on me. ;)

He took my advice and chilled out a little bit :clap:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125867 said:
I don't have any rage about Muschamp, just a little annoyance at Gator fans still swinging on his nuts. I welcome the idea of coaching against him every year. Hope it happens.

Maybe everyone will get on me about it but I feel pretty similarly. For all the talk about getting it done and being dominant at the LOS and ball hawking in the 2ndary, etc... we seemed to wet the bed in game after game. Even games where we won and played well defensively, there were multiple facepalm moments that should never happen on a quality well-coached defense. That 3rd and 20 crap at bama this year perfectly summed up this guys defense. We'd make a big time play, and back it up with a bonehead personal foul or some other dumb undisciplined penalty, or just royally screw the pooch and give up a big yardage chunk on the next play to negate the first one we made. And that happened constantly. I was never overly impressed with his defense or his personnel decision making from a recruiting or depth chart standpoint. Let me have it boys!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n125871 said:
He took my advice and chilled out a little bit :clap:

And I thank you for that....Every once in a while I need a good beetch slapping.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is like a Muschamp family reunion.

All the sword swallowers are here.

Here's a cold glass of reality, Zook was hired in days by a BCS school.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n125867 said:
Gator fans still swinging on his nuts.
I certainly don't think this is the case, or at least I hope not. Do you think it possible that if our offense had been a little better and we won a few more games that you might view his defenses a little differently. Trust me as a HC this guy ruined a lot of Saturdays for me in the last 2 years, but I will give the devil his due where defenses are concern....That being said I hope when and if we play him again we crush his nuts.....not swing from them.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125867 said:

Just concrete flipping his script again.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Glad WM is gone, but I would rather not play him as a DC every year. People on here must have forgot he was a good DC and the year we played against the barn and he was the DC in 2007 Muschamp's D held a Tim Tebow lead Gator team to a season low 14 point if I remember right. Think they beat us 17-14. You're just being silly if you think he is not a good DC and recruiter. Just two weeks ago the same group was saying DJ D. was no good and was just DC in name only and Muschamp was running the D for us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n125911 said:
This thread is like a Muschamp family reunion.

All the sword swallowers are here.

Here's a cold glass of reality, Zook was hired in days by a BCS school.

I've mentioned this numerous times the past few weeks. That says it all. Keep in mind, the SMU job was open, the KU job is essentially open, etc. There were plenty of smaller schools(not everybody jumps from P5 to P5 like the Zooker) that could've seen "gold" in what just wasn't good enough for UF. None of them even considered it. Maybe they don't have the necessary chalk-board budget.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It does sorta suck to have two former head coaches directly competing against us. I love Spurrier as much as anyone, frankly, he created all this. But this rivaling Florida thing has gone about as far as it needs to. I'm ready for him to retire and come on home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.